I just reliazed something funny about the new ratings

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gazoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gazoz
Member since 2005 • 1717 Posts
No game will score higher than Gears of War. Because of the new rating system, a game can either get a 9.5 or a 10. Since they won't rate anything 10, 9.5 will be the highest it gets. They really didn't think this through, did they?
cwagmire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 cwagmire
Member since 2003 • 3398 Posts

I think they should remove scores and just give a game a thumbs up or thumbs down cuz all the ratings do now is fuel fanboys or keep people from playing great games because it got 8.5 instead of that beloved 9.0 or higher.

Ratings are the focus of too many gamers.

skazbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 skazbot
Member since 2006 • 333 Posts
If anything will get a ten it will be halo 3. I havent seen anything that they can reaylly ding it on yet but we'll see.
gazoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gazoz

If anything will get a ten it will be halo 3. I havent seen anything that they can reaylly ding it on yet but we'll see.skazbot

They can't give a game a perfect score, because that's saying the saying game cannot be improved in any way. I'm sure we'll be able to find some shortcomings

skazbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 skazbot
Well they have given 4 games perfect scores before. but they did ding bioshock 0.10 points for frame rate issues. so I don't know.
gazoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gazoz

Well they have given 4 games perfect scores before. but they did ding bioshock 0.10 points for frame rate issues. so I don't know.skazbot

Those were a long time ago. They realized how wrong it was to label a game as perfect.

cwagmire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cwagmire
Member since 2003 • 3398 Posts

[QUOTE="skazbot"]Well they have given 4 games perfect scores before. but they did ding bioshock 0.10 points for frame rate issues. so I don't know.gazoz

Those were a long time ago. They realized how wrong it was to label a game as perfect.

I feel they were right about OoT

RockysCatnipCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RockysCatnipCo
Member since 2005 • 3165 Posts
same with oblivion O_o
skazbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 skazbot
Does anyone else think bioshock deserved a 0.10 point ding for small frame rate issues. I would say it deserved a 9.5.
Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts

You forgotthat Oblivion has the same rating as Gears of War (although I think Gears should have only been around a 9, campaign was too short)

Anyway, Gamespot really should have changed their ratings system right when this generation (360, PS3, Wii) started...

patrick5152003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 patrick5152003
Member since 2004 • 1825 Posts
No game will score higher than Gears of War. Because of the new rating system, a game can either get a 9.5 or a 10. Since they won't rate anything 10, 9.5 will be the highest it gets. They really didn't think this through, did they?gazoz
gears of war's rating rounds out to a 9.5... you didn't really think this through did you?
Avatar image for -Silent--Death-
-Silent--Death-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 -Silent--Death-
Member since 2007 • 1365 Posts
IIRC, they changed 10 to something other than "Perfect", so it means they will give games a 10 now.
skazbot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skazbot

You forgotthat Oblivion has the same rating as Gears of War (although I think Gears should have only been around a 9, campaign was too short)

Anyway, Gamespot really should have changed their ratings system right when this generation (360, PS3, Wii) started...

Shrapnel99

And the multiplayer is random as hell. I think GS gets paid to give cetain games high reviews (other websites do as well)

tylergamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tylergamer
Member since 2003 • 338 Posts
Mass Effect will get a 10/10.
gnomegnasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gnomegnasher
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts

Does anyone else think bioshock deserved a 0.10 point ding for small frame rate issues. I would say it deserved a 9.5.skazbot

it totally deserves a 9.5. No question about it. The reviewer would not even be able to argue that its one of the best games to come out ina long time....he might even have to admit that its better than GOW.

Bioshock deserves a higher score than GOW does. But with the new rating system thats not possible. But still. you mean to tell me that even with the old rating system it would of gotten below a 9.4 while GOW got a 9.6? If you are gonna give Bioshock a 9.4, then you have to give GOW a 9.0 out of principle.

Frankly, ive hated the new rating system from the beggining. I think part of the reason why they changed was this way its easier to givecrossplatformPS3 and 360 games the same score. A certain forum community would rant and whine about "bias" constantly when they see the score differentials *sigh*

_Tobli_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 _Tobli_
Member since 2007 • 5733 Posts

Mass Effect will get a 10/10.tylergamer

No it will get 9,5/10. It will be the GOTY though :D

Mr_Burps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mr_Burps
Member since 2007 • 971 Posts
Halo 3 has a chance and Mass effect has a chance, i believe.