I just played Ninja Gaiden 2.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 avatar_genius
Member since 2009 • 8056 Posts

I just played Ninja Gaiden 2.

I loved it.

Yeah, I played Sigma and loved that as well.

People talk about how it's not as good as the others, but I don't know what they're talking about.

They say that the environments aren't as good, but I don't see the argument, because I have no problem with the environments. In fact, the larger size of them almost makes them more fun.

The game is so action packed, it's a lot faster than the first one, even though the first one was fast as hell.

It's so different from the first one too, in so many ways.

They give you more potions and the save points heal you as well, so in that regard, you don't have to be "watching your health bar," but on the flip side, it seems the enemies are so much more aggressive.

There's also less puzzle exploration and more just straight up combat, which I don't mind, since the puzzle parts in the first game weren't that good anyway.

Most agree that this game isn't as good as the first, but in some ways, I think it's better.

I still like the first game, though. :P

So, have you played Ninja gaiden 2? What did you think of it?

DranzarTypeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DranzarTypeF
Member since 2009 • 2623 Posts

Cool...you talked me into buying the game, ever considered working at IGN ?

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
i've been playing it a bit, and i really like it. it was definitely worth the 15 bucks i paid for it :)
Lemieux66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lemieux66
Member since 2002 • 13716 Posts

I almost broke my hand slamming it on my desk out of anger and frustration over this game. I didn't stop til I beat the game :P It was tough! :twisted:

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts
worth buying for the $15 price tag it is now, but when I played it I disliked the extremely cheap AI (Although I was on a high difficulty) and the frame rate dipped often and I encountered numerous bugs that made me turn off the system and restart it, not to mention the camera is awful. NGB is one of my favorite games ever though.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gow117
Member since 2008 • 2963 Posts
One of my fav games. On the 3rd dif now, ******* hard!
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
mmmm. Nice to know, I got the game a couple of months ago, and haven't had time to play it yet :( . I'm going to play RE5 after Vesperia, but I'll definitely play NG after that.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I really enjoyed this game. I finished through the story a few times getting the weapons achievements and never grew tired of it.
One of my fav games. On the 3rd dif now, ******* hard! gow117
I'm on the Path of the Mentor too. I just love how the rocket and incendiary ninjas are everywhere now. I can't believe there is another difficulty after it.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#9 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I loved Ninja Gaiden2 man. It had flawless controls, amazing graphics and was just fun as hell to play. Only thign lacking was story.

I think the main reason people hated on it was because it is ridicolosuly hard in some spots and that throws alot of people off.

I have a few friends on my friends list who rented the game and ended up breakign two controls out of frusteration from the games difficulty lol.

its not for everyone, but if you give yourself some time to learn all the controlls and study the game, then its very rewarding and alot of fun.

The game has some of the best bosses ever! Extremely underrated imo!

Some people also hate the camera, which i totally dissagree with. For me the camera is perfect.. if the camera gets in a spot you dont like, press the camera reset button and the camera straightens out again.

Besides a few Framerate issues and teh so so story, this game is epic and a masterpeice imo.

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gow117
I really enjoyed this game. I finished through the story a few times getting the weapons achievements and never grew tired of it. [QUOTE="gow117"]One of my fav games. On the 3rd dif now, ******* hard! RoslindaleOne
I'm on the Path of the Mentor too. I just love how the rocket and incendiary ninjas are everywhere now. I can't believe there is another difficulty after it.

you know, thats what i thought when i started a new game on mentor..killed in 20 seconds lol cant imagine how the other one is. And yeah this game never gets old. And if you buy the missions theres a LOT to do. Its both fun and naturally hard.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gow117
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

I loved Ninja Gaiden2 man. It had flawless controls, amazing graphics and was just fun as hell to play. Only thign lacking was story.

I think the main reason people hated on it was because it is ridicolosuly hard in some spots and that throws alot of people off.

I have a few friends on my friends list who rented the game and ended up breakign two controls out of frusteration from the games difficulty lol.

its not for everyone, but if you give yourself some time to learn all the controlls and study the game, then its very rewarding and alot of fun.

youre totally right. Well for me the story doesnt even bother me, the action is there and its simply awesome. One problem i have with the game is that if you played Ninja gaiden1 you will get bigger areas and larger exploration, returning to the same place, all that. But i still love this game. Who enjoyed the last Boss? well the last bosses..
PunishedOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 PunishedOne
Member since 2003 • 6045 Posts

NG2 is far superior to NG1. NG1 also had a junky story, so complaining about NG2's junky story is a moot point.

I paid full price when NG2 came out, and still would buy it again at full price. The DLC is the BEST DLC I've ever bought. It adds so much replay value.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

what are some great things about the DLC? I may check it out

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gow117

BLAS1AN

And if you buy the missions theres a LOT to do. Its both fun and naturally hard.

what are some great things about the DLC? I may check it out

You have about 20 missions or more to do. Varied too. You have boss missions, where you face ALL the main fiends from the game one by one, inifinite enemy waves where it only ends when you die and you get either bronze, silver or gold depending on your score/kills. Its really really hard to beat em all but again, its fun as hell, great dlc.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Thanks man. Considering I broke a controller playing NG...I'll have to think about this one. I have anger issues :P. props to you guys though who can withstand the challenge.

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gow117
Old school game. You really need to practice to be good at it. i have beaten Ng1 on very hard and found every scarab and unlocked the old ng games, got the dark dragon blade and spent all the money in the wooden sword for an awesome result ;) so my mind says i cant give up till i totally beat this game :P
aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
It's fun but it's also break your new LCD TV hard.
aero250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 aero250
Member since 2009 • 3613 Posts
Old school game. You really need to practice to be good at it. i have beaten Ng1 on very hard and found every scarab and unlocked the old ng games, got the dark dragon blade and spent all the money in the wooden sword for an awesome result ;) so my mind says i cant give up till i totally beat this game :Pgow117
You beat that game on very hard WOW!
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
Have they fixed the crashing problems this game had? I haven't played it in a while. I think it was the update they released with the mission mode that caused the game to crash after certain cutscenes.
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gow117
It's fun but it's also break your new LCD TV hard.aero250
:lol: it makes you do some crazy things, yes. but i always tried to control myself :P
skullflower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 skullflower
Member since 2004 • 1789 Posts
I loved Ninja Gaiden 2 - managed to complete it on Mentor. Some of the technical issues were a pain, like slow-down and enemy/graphical glitches here and there. The projectile spamming wasn't too bad on Warrior, and even on Mentor. But it makes MNM nearly unplayable - for a mortal like me, anyway.
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts

Its a good action game, im not a huge fan of the series, but the game is very fun indeed.

HitomiChan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HitomiChan
Member since 2009 • 15305 Posts

i love it and im still going through with the weapon achievements.. :D

Solid_Snake56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Solid_Snake56
Member since 2002 • 3954 Posts

I just play the original XBOX version...I was really dissapointed by ninja gaiden 2

ForsakenWicked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 ForsakenWicked
Member since 2008 • 3745 Posts
I played it and didn't like it that much. The camera ruined the game for me.
shaunk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 shaunk89
Member since 2009 • 945 Posts

Some people also hate the camera, which i totally disagree with. For me the camera is perfect.. if the camera gets in a spot you dont like, press the camera reset button and the camera straightens out again.

Besides a few Framerate issues and teh so so story, this game is epic and a masterpeice imo.

kozzy1234

I disagree with more or less everything here. And before I start, let me say NG1 (on xbox) was one of my fave games of all time. I played it to death, on all difficulties, got Master Ninja ranking for every level (eventually), got all the scarabs, unlocked the "ultimate Flawlessness" (or whatever it was called), and i even completed the old NG game unlockables, so don't discount what I'm going to say as the words of somebody incapable of playing the game

The controls were OK, but felt more imprecise than before. The flow of moves felt slightly off compared to the first game, which was compunded with teh awful camera that kept getting stuck on things, and having to be reset. I should never have to reset the camera. I didn't even know there was a reset camera button in NG1.

The game is not difficult, it's cheap. Throwing enemies with long range, unblockable attacks into every combat scenario is a lame tactic used by unimaginative developers. Which is a shame, because in NG1 the rocket troops etc all had weaknesses that could be exploited. In this game, the length of the recovery animations when you get hit by those big attacks meant it was very easy to get stuck in an unbreakable loop until you die.

The bosses were rubbish compared to the first . Again, they were cheap, with no real weaknesses to speak of. That stupid worm sticks out in my mind. There werre no memorable (for teh right reasons) encounters like with teh bone dinosaur in NG1 where you had to work out his atttack pattern and weakness in order to defeat the boss. You just tried to stay out fo the way of the unblockable attacks and spam your own attacks in the hope you get lucky, rather than there being any strategy.

The graphics are undeniably pretty, but not groundbreaking in the way NG1's were, which pushed the Xbox to it's very breaking point. The graphics were a technical mess in this game, and the slowdown was so bad in places i thought it was deliberate use of slo mo effects to make the game more dramatic (like the sequence where you fight hordes of enemies up a staircase....i forget the level)

I also hated the weapons. The bow was crap, it was near impossible to get in decent hits when using the first person view, and removing the different arrow types was a major mistake. The other weapons were frankly, lame. They all handled the same as each other. the flail and the dragon sword were the only differnet weapons, with every other one handling much like them, with the possible exception of the staff, but i never felt the need to use that very much. all scenarios could easily be beaten using only the dragon sword or the twin swords, depending on your preference (but teh twins felt no different to teh single sword, bizarrely)

I completed the game (on the highest default setting), and got bored, promptly trading it in. Sad really, because I pre-ordered it with great hopes that it would be an instant classic like it's predecessor, but that was not to be.

Ok, rant over. :P

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah ninja gaiden 2 didnt get alot of love but i thought it was great also def alot harder than the first which is crazy if you think about it and just so many weapons. Also it was of a pretty good length it was great everything i wanted out of a ninja gaiden sequel i would have gave it a 9.5 but many people didnt like it. I still think that alot of people just dont like a challenge in their videos games anymore which makes me sad because thats were most of the complaints come from.

I would love to see a ninja gaiden 3 also a DOA5 but idk if we will get them.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

gow117

youre totally right. Well for me the story doesnt even bother me, the action is there and its simply awesome. One problem i have with the game is that if you played Ninja gaiden1 you will get bigger areas and larger exploration, returning to the same place, all that. But i still love this game. Who enjoyed the last Boss? well the last bosses..

Yup i agree with everything here especially about the camera everyone complains but i never had a problem like koz said if it ever goes somewhere you dont like just press reset and a game like this isnt story driven if you ask me its all about the action you dont go to see a jackie chan flick for the story.

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

sucks compared to NGB or NGS.

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

I loved Ninja Gaiden 2 - managed to complete it on Mentor. Some of the technical issues were a pain, like slow-down and enemy/graphical glitches here and there. The projectile spamming wasn't too bad on Warrior, and even on Mentor. But it makes MNM nearly unplayable - for a mortal like me, anyway.skullflower

just use the infinite health glitch. only way to get past those unfair parts. i don't even consider those exploding jellyfish to be enemies. seriously, WTF is the point of them?

gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 gow117
[QUOTE="Gen007"]

yeah ninja gaiden 2 didnt get alot of love but i thought it was great also def alot harder than the first which is crazy if you think about it and just so many weapons. Also it was of a pretty good length it was great everything i wanted out of a ninja gaiden sequel i would have gave it a 9.5 but many people didnt like it. I still think that alot of people just dont like a challenge in their videos games anymore which makes me sad because thats were most of the complaints come from.

I would love to see a ninja gaiden 3 also a DOA5 but idk if we will get them.

Yeah people nowadays are afraid of a challenge. Want replay value? Get ninja gaiden. Are you a whiny ***** that doesnt appreciate a challenge? Quit gaming. And Team Ninja already said that Ninja Gaiden 3 will exist :) Too bad Itagaki left the team :(
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#33 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts
I loved NG1. Beat NG Black so many times, but for some reason I just can't get into NG2. I want to, but it feels like a chore. Oddly, NG1 felt like a chore when I first bought it, and I didn't play after the first few levels for months. When I picked it back up, I was hooked to no end.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 x-2tha-z
Does this game still have crash problems or did they fix it?
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gow117
Does this game still have crash problems or did they fix it?x-2tha-z
idk. well i only had a problem in chapter 10 stairs section where you face hundreds of ninjas. it went slow mo but other then that..nothing..
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 x-2tha-z
[QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]Does this game still have crash problems or did they fix it?gow117
idk. well i only had a problem in chapter 10 stairs section where you face hundreds of ninjas. it went slow mo but other then that..nothing..

Have you installed the latest patch and downloaded Mission Mode from Live Marketplace?
gow117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gow117
[QUOTE="gow117"][QUOTE="x-2tha-z"]Does this game still have crash problems or did they fix it?x-2tha-z

Have you installed the latest patch and downloaded Mission Mode from Live Marketplace?

yeah i have the dlc.