I just finished Mass Effect 2 (may contain major spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

scorptatious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 scorptatious
Member since 2009 • 142 Posts

Great game in my honest opinion. I'll admit I was dissapointed when it was over though...

What are your thoughts on this game and how many teammates did you lose in the final mission and whom?

Me, I lost Grunt... :(

Edit: Also, if you chose to persue a relationship with one of the crew memebers, which one did you have it with? I chose Tali.

iamdanthaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 iamdanthaman
Member since 2008 • 2498 Posts
I loved the game, though not quite as much as the first. I lost nobody
NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts
i thought it was much better than the first, and i lost nobody in the final mission, so come on mass effect 3!!!!
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

It was amazing. I lost Mordin though, so I've always been saddened by that. But, I promised myself years ago that I would never go back in a Bioware or Quantic Dream game just because of one thing's outcome.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
didnt lose anyone, ending wasnt too bad, the game was
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#6 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I forget exactly who I lost in the final mission, as I finished the game several days after it came out. I pursued the relationship with Tali.

I loved the ending of the game, as I chose to diss The Illusive Man. I also love the part at the ending when it shows the Reapers descending upon the galaxy. Ooooohhh, I can't wait for ME3!

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

Great game. 10 out of 10, in my opinion.

strategyking92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 18

#8 strategyking92
Member since 2006 • 1115 Posts

lol, I lost legion and the salarian my first playthrough. I've got to go through it again 2 more times, once with renegade, and another with paragon. That's right, I have both saves from ME1 8)

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

lol, I lost legion and the salarian my first playthrough. I've got to go through it again 2 more times, once with renegade, and another with paragon. That's right, I have both saves from ME1 8)

strategyking92

huh? whats your point?

jbuckley15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jbuckley15
Member since 2007 • 294 Posts

loved the game, loved the ending, i didnt lose anyone, how do you lose someone? i had a relationship with tali, i didnt want to at first but i felt obligated for some reason

waffle6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 waffle6
Member since 2004 • 44 Posts
Loved the game. Current on 3rd playthrough.
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Loved the game at the time. I remember freaking out on the final mission thinking I was gonna lose someone. When Garrus ran through a door at one stage, he was bent over clutching his chest & I remember thinking "Noooooooooooo!". Turns out he was just tired after all that running, & I didn't lose anyone. Awesome game, but it's been a month or two now since I played it & looking back on it, it doesn't seem as good as it was at the time. I also lost 3/4 of the achievements I got because I was playing it offline, & had recovered my gamer tag on a friends 360. I still have the save file ready for ME3 though.

chaosflare44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 chaosflare44
Member since 2009 • 601 Posts

I HATE cliffhanger endings. As cool as Mass Effect is, I hate how its almost expected for games to be trilogies. I wish Bioware would have released a longer game with an actual ending rather than forcing us to wait another two+ years for ME3. Regardless, I love the series too much not to get ME3, so I'll just have to be patient. I got through without a single casualty and I dissed the Illusive man. As for romance, Tali all the way!!!

Andrn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Andrn
Member since 2008 • 2098 Posts
Finished with none of the crew lost in both playthroughs (Veteran and Insane). Romanced Miranda both times.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts

I enjoyed it more than Mass Effect, but the story still does not seem great to me. I am hoping Mass Effect 3 answers questions and wraps up nicely.

simo98088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 simo98088
Member since 2003 • 927 Posts
I was dissapointed with the end of Mass Effect 2.. what was that big giant guy boss at the end supposed to do again? I didnt seem to be that dramatic of a thing.. as opososed to the first one.. in which Sovereign and the other dude were right at the end... just seemed much more monstrous.
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
ME2 is waaay better than first. For me still my GOTY so far.
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts

Great game in my honest opinion. I'll admit I was dissapointed when it was over though...

What are your thoughts on this game and how many teammates did you lose in the final mission and whom?

Me, I lost Grunt... :(

Edit: Also, if you chose to persue a relationship with one of the crew memebers, which one did you have it with? I chose Tali.

scorptatious
My condolences....Grunt my favorite....for one of the better one liners in ME2, take Grunt along with you when getting Tali.
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#20 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

It's the best game of 2010 so far and one of the best RPG's I' ve ever played.

thisguy51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thisguy51
Member since 2006 • 5319 Posts
Loved the game. Lost mordin and tali. Romanced miranda
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
I have beat if quite a few times already and I love it. I like it better than ME1 because I love character stories more than the grand overarching story. So while ME1 has a great story, ME2's just appeals to me more. And my crew is intact on each playthrough.
system3142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 system3142
Member since 2006 • 304 Posts

I liked this game... Though the final mission really felt a bit rushed. I mean, the entire game was all just collecting team members. It just felt like the game jumped from chapter 2 to chapter 6 in a second. I would've liked some more missions between the IFF relay and the point where I'd gathered all my team members. You know, like some missions where I actually get to use my entire team. In a sense, what I'm trying to say is that something like the ending should really have been the middle part of the game. Would have meant for more combat upgrading and levelling up within one single playthrough.

I loved the mission structures... The combat situations were all original and creative. So were the locales. Also, I love how the difficulty in this game scales up. You don't go from 'easy as pie' to 'requires mass-memorization and brain specialization.' Instead, it just levels up intuitively, so it just scales to a more tactically challenging experience. Though the party AI at the higher settings does need a lot more babysitting... they just keep getting themselves killed otherwise.

Moral choices were great, Mordin's being the obvious favourite. Jack's was the worst.

Inventory decisions need some modding for ME3. I'd like a little something to pick up and sell every so often, but not the kilos upon kilos of Avenger II's and Phoenix V's.

Also, what would own the FRAGGIN HEAVEN out of everything else in this world would be a mod that lets you agglomerate Mass Effect 1, Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 into a single engine and play the entire thing as one single Mass Effect. Kinda like Tutu, really, but bigger.

theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 theycallmeRP
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts

My first playthrough I lost legion, i felt bad but there are like a million geth so i got over it pretty fast. Of course I romanced Tali. My reasoning was I was hoping to see what a Quarian looks like.

XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#25 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

Lost no one and made out with Miranda. On my second play through Tali's in my sights! However, my favorite color is blue so I might try the Justicar.

Wait a minute ... does Tali take her helmet off when she gets intimate with Sheppard?

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I HATE cliffhanger endings. As cool as Mass Effect is, I hate how its almost expected for games to be trilogies.

chaosflare44

When they announce it as the Mass Effect trilogy, you should be ready for some major cliffhangers.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#27 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
The last 10 seconds were EPIC!!!!! :D
strategyking92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 18

#28 strategyking92
Member since 2006 • 1115 Posts

[QUOTE="strategyking92"]

chaoscougar1

huh? whats your point?

I can play both of the games? I'm better than a boyscout? I really like the game? I liked ME 1? What do you think?
kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Didn't lose anyone. I just played the final mission smart and sent the right people. I loved the game, and I loved the ending. ME3 is going to be amazing.

I persued a relationship with Miranda, space lingerie for the win! haha

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
I lost a lot of teammates. Wow, I must have done something wrong. I think I lost 2 teammates. Man, i need to go replay ME2 lol.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
i loved the game alot, dissapointed with not bein able to explore planets and completely hated the mineral scanner, but everthin else was an improvement over the first i lost nobody on the final mission and i persued a relationship with miranda
Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts
[QUOTE="XCyberForceX"]

Lost no one and made out with Miranda. On my second play through Tali's in my sights! However, my favorite color is blue so I might try the Justicar.

Wait a minute ... does Tali take her helmet off when she gets intimate with Sheppard?

She says something along the lines of taking it off, but the camera pans away or goes black so you wouldn't be able to see how she looks :P On topic, I lost like MY ENTIRE CREW except the doctor on my first playthrough as I didn't go after the Reapers straight away. All the members who were able to shoot straight (Miranda, Thane and Mordin etc) survived :D
Avatar image for Fallout3fan0330
Fallout3fan0330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fallout3fan0330
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

I thought the game was awsome, even though I think Mass Effect 1 was better. I lost Zaheed on my first playthrough, and I successfully completed the relationship with Miranda. I just started my second playthrough, and I am going to try to have a relationship with Miranda, Jack, and Tali. and I am going to try and get the through the final mission without losing anybody this time around. I knew I messed up when I left Zaheed in charge of guarding that door. He survied the attack, but he died as soon as I rallied with him. I guess he was too old and worn down to hold up. I am going to leave Archangel(Garrus) in charge this time around.

theycallmeRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 theycallmeRP
Member since 2009 • 1656 Posts

I thought the game was awsome, even though I think Mass Effect 1 was better. I lost Zaheed on my first playthrough, and I successfully completed the relationship with Miranda. I just started my second playthrough, and I am going to try to have a relationship with Miranda, Jack, and Tali. and I am going to try and get the through the final mission without losing anybody this time around. I knew I messed up when I left Zaheed in charge of guarding that door. He survied the attack, but he died as soon as I rallied with him. I guess he was too old and worn down to hold up. I am going to leave Archangel(Garrus) in charge this time around.

Fallout3fan0330

I used Jacob to guard the door. But for the second time I lost the tech expert that goes through the shafts. The part when they have to push the door close they always get shot in the head. I lost Kasumi.