i hope they don't delete this, this how to fix your broken 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hameedosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hameedosh
Member since 2002 • 354 Posts

i posted the answer here because the official thread is ridiculously long so people will not see this, so.. mods please keep this topic undeleted to help others.

i found some cheap ways to fix your red rings of death, go to my blog and please reply here and there (if possible).

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts
thanks.
lilhomes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lilhomes
Member since 2004 • 462 Posts
the towel one is so old man...
Avatar image for master-renagade
master-renagade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 master-renagade
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
i would rather send it back so a professional could fix it then a 13 year old with 2 towels.
hameedosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hameedosh
good opinions, never thought of these, but if it works i have no problem using those methods
hameedosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hameedosh

the towel one is so old man...lilhomes

i know, but does it work ??

Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts

LOL the ''old American way'' technique was really suprising that it actually workt, as with the towels... it doesn't seem logicall that heat would actually FIX your Xbox, but I will remember those techniques if I get a broken xbox, I hope it won't break tough...

scriptwrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 scriptwrite
Member since 2007 • 374 Posts
Broken Xbox?... Do the smart thing, send it back to the company who make 'em... Microsoft.
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#9 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10416 Posts
Broken Xbox?... Do the smart thing, send it back to the company who make 'em... Microsoft.scriptwrite
But if its over a year old then youre out of luck. This will make a good substitute until its beyond repair
scriptwrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 scriptwrite
True, but you can have your warranty extended for another two years for something like 50 pounds or so with Microsoft, that's what I'm gonna do in January 2008
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Oemenia
True, but you can have your warranty extended for another two years for something like 50 pounds or so with Microsoft, that's what I'm gonna do in January 2008scriptwrite
Which unfortunately costs money, with this, at least you can prolong that and save up money to do so.
scriptwrite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 scriptwrite

[QUOTE="scriptwrite"]True, but you can have your warranty extended for another two years for something like 50 pounds or so with Microsoft, that's what I'm gonna do in January 2008Oemenia
Which unfortunately costs money, with this, at least you can prolong that and save up money to do so.

It costs money... but what would you rather do... spend 50 pounds for two years of cove, or spend 120 odd pounds having it repaired... or buying a brand new console?

hameedosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hameedosh

Kthe unfotunate thing is that i live in kuwait, and we don't have an official microsoft outlet here, or at least thats what i think..

any way, if the rings show up i'll try the towel thing, but i sure hope they don't show up.. :)

hameedosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hameedosh
^and yes i dont have a warranty because of that reason, but hey,,, i have a good job sooo... i can afford fixing and/or buying
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
The towels are not fixing anything, infact they're damaging your machine further all for a temp fix.
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Oemenia

[QUOTE="Oemenia"][QUOTE="scriptwrite"]True, but you can have your warranty extended for another two years for something like 50 pounds or so with Microsoft, that's what I'm gonna do in January 2008scriptwrite

It costs money... but what would you rather do... spend 50 pounds for two years of cove, or spend 120 odd pounds having it repaired... or buying a brand new console?

This is a last resort meassure for those who have seen their 360s die on them, not the ones which are playing perfectly.
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Oemenia

Kthe unfotunate thing is that i live in kuwait, and we don't have an official microsoft outlet here, or at least thats what i think..

any way, if the rings show up i'll try the towel thing, but i sure hope they don't show up.. :)

hameedosh
Thats interesting, how did you get an XBL account? My friend is in desperate need of one and he lives in Pakistan
Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Oemenia

hameedosh
Thats interesting, how did you get an XBL account? My friend is in desperate need of one and he lives in Pakistan
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts

[QUOTE="lilhomes"]the towel one is so old man...hameedosh

i know, but does it work ??

I tried the towel trick and it didn't work. So now I'm waiting on getting a new 360. 

hameedosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hameedosh
[QUOTE="hameedosh"]

Oemenia

tell him to get a full US or UK address and info and to log in as an american or british, i live in California, USA according to my account :D