I hope Nier Automata gets an Xbox One port in light of recent news

#1 Edited by Cboy95 (167 posts) -

Games were once exclusive such as No Man's Sky, and Crash Bandicoot N-sane are getting Xbox One ports, and the port of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice just released yesterday.

#2 Posted by Alucard_Prime (10091 posts) -

@cboy95: Yeah Nier looks great, I would love for it to get released.

#3 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (5174 posts) -

I'd love to see exclusives abolished full stop. I know they won't be because that's how systems are marketed to consumers but I would love the freedom to just play anything I want.

#4 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18707 posts) -

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

I'd love to see exclusives abolished full stop. I know they won't be because that's how systems are marketed to consumers but I would love the freedom to just play anything I want.

Lol yeah, that's a pipe dream. But it'd be cool.

#5 Edited by lamprey263 (36052 posts) -

Maybe it was just a case that SE thought it wouldn't sell on Xbox One, or maybe Sony secretly paid SE for timed exclusivity of a year, as seems to be the case for some games that release later on Xbox (they don't say it but the timing seems suspect), and who knows, it's been about a year, maybe one will be in the pipes soon.

#6 Edited by I_P_Daily (11447 posts) -

@cboy95 said:

Games were once exclusive such as No Man's Sky, and Crash Bandicoot N-sane are getting Xbox One ports, and the port of Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice just released yesterday.

Reading this article says that it relied on being successful in its initial release on the PS4/PC where over 1 million copies were sold in less than a month, then after the cancellation of Scalebound (in January) Platinum released THIS statement (in February) stating that the lack of support (Xbox sales) in Japan is the reason game won't be released on Xbox, and the real kicker is that the game only sold 184,000 copies in Japan in 7 months on the PS4.

Basically this is more than likely a **** you to MS and more importantly its fanbase for the cancellation of Scalebound.

#7 Posted by Cboy95 (167 posts) -

I hate third-party exclusives.

#8 Posted by sukraj (27858 posts) -

cant get enough of those exclusives

#9 Edited by Alucard_Prime (10091 posts) -

@cboy95: Just saw this in my Twitter feed, French website reporting that the game is coming to Xbox One, anonymous source. Best not to get your hopes up but I certainly hope it happens, X-Enhanced would be awesome.

They are basically saying " De nouvelles sources nous ont confirmés qu'un portage de NieR Automata était bien en cours de développement pour Xbox One."

Translated means " New sources have confirmed Nier Automata Port in development for Xbox One"

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/842138/nier-automata-porte-sur-xbox-one.htm