I have a big issue with paying for XBOX Live (multiple XBOX in my household)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Sonny360Elite
Member since 2009 • 1593 Posts
I first bought an XBOX360 in 2007. It cost $400 for a 20GB 360 with no games or anything. I needed to buy a subscription and that cost $50. I had a good job so I didn't mind investing all the money into a 360 could last me a while. There were still all the games I needed too. Then I found out the 360 didn't even have WiFi. Imagine that? I spent another $120 on an adapter and router. I was fine with paying that and paying for XBOX Live. After all, this is what I had been waiting for. I loved playing Counter-Stike at a LAN and always wanted to be able to play at home. 6 months later I got the RROD. Luckily I was able to get it replaced with a Best Buy warranty. 6 months after then that one RROD. After 2 years of the original purchase and after having used my Best Buy warranty 3 times then I had to buy a new 360. I paid $300 this time for a 60GB 360. Just 2 years later I had to pay $300 again! $700 in just 2 years for a console and then the $100 for XBOX Live. $800 plus the games for 2 years. Anyway, I've luckily had the 60GB for 3 years now since 09. Still paying for XBOX Live and now the price has went up to $60 a year! That's a lot of money for this! $800 in just 2 years without considering the cost of $60 games that I'm buying. It's been 5 years now so it gets a bit more reasonable. Thank goodness they built these 60GB Pro models much better than they originally did. Anyway, I wanted to buy one of the newer model XBOX360's. I would then put this XBOX in my living room for my parents to be able to use Amazon Instant Video and I could occasionally play some games there. However, I found out that you need an XBOX Live Gold membership just to use Amazon Instant Video. Really? I buy the XBOX and support your brand but I can't use the Amazon Instant Video service? So much greed. If I only have one account then I won't be able to go on both at the same time. So, I'll be forced into paying $100 a year for a family pack just to be able to use that service downstairs. That's absurd! Now, let me cut to the chase-- When XBOX Live first came out in 2003, or whenever it was, it was a premium service. It was above everything else out there, besides maybe PC gaming. On the 360 then they brought it to another level and the service got even better. But at this point in time, XBOX Live should not cost a premium anymore. It's an established service and their greed is just making them demand more from gamers. It's seriously unreasonable. On PS3, these services are absolutely free! So, even if they want to make you pay for Live, then why do they require a membership just to use these services? This is just entirely unreasonable and it's really disappointing. Lastly, there are games being sold specifically for online play and these services should not be put at a premium when there are games basically worthless without online play and cost $60. The internet is now and it's no longer some fun, new thing. It's time these services come free.
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts
Plus some games make you pay for an online pass as well (if you get them pre-owned) Playstation plus is a rubbish idea to me. I don't really understand why people pay for it....BUT, it does offer you "stuff" for your money. XBL gold offers you a load of free services for your annual fee. Its absurd, but people are paying it, so if anything, its amazing (for them). If I could convince people to pay for free services, I would. The PS3 used to be pretty rubbish. When it was released it was expensive, had a range of "meh" exclusives and all the multiplatform games looked better on xbox. In 2012 the PS3 is affordable and has a solid line up of games. The PS3 makes more sense these days IMO. That said, I still use my xbox more than my ps3! I think its the controller.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
[QUOTE="angryfodder"]Plus some games make you pay for an online pass as well (if you get them pre-owned) Playstation plus is a rubbish idea to me. I don't really understand why people pay for it....BUT, it does offer you "stuff" for your money. XBL gold offers you a load of free services for your annual fee. Its absurd, but people are paying it, so if anything, its amazing (for them). If I could convince people to pay for free services, I would. The PS3 used to be pretty rubbish. When it was released it was expensive, had a range of "meh" exclusives and all the multiplatform games looked better on xbox. In 2012 the PS3 is affordable and has a solid line up of games. The PS3 makes more sense these days IMO. That said, I still use my xbox more than my ps3! I think its the controller.

Well, if your paying for the service then it isn't free is it? What are you talking about... I've always had Gold so I'm not sure but you only have the ability to DL things with Silver I'm pretty sure. Gold gets you everything else. Like weekly sales and promotions, a better online service than Sony's and oh yeah, cross-game chat.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts
Simple solution, let the parents use the PS3 to stream movies. That and blue ray are 90 percent of what I use my PS3 for. If you don't want XBL, don't buy it. There are plenty of places you can get it for $50 or less and it is still a better platform for online gaming (IMO). If this is the only problem you have to worry about, you are leading a pretty charmed life. In any case, either pay the fee, or don't. As a person who's wife just had surgery and who's mother just died from cancer, I say get over it and find something real to complain about.
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#5 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

I have a wife and 4 kids, we all game, we all prefer Xbox, we all have Gold, we have 7 Xboxes between us. Stop moaning and get on with it!

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HilbillyRokstar

I have a wife and 4 kids, we all game, we all prefer Xbox, we all have Gold, we have 7 Xboxes between us. Stop moaning and get on with it!

SadPSPAddict
Exactly
SadPSPAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 SadPSPAddict
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

[QUOTE="SadPSPAddict"]

HilbillyRokstar

Exactly

And btw you have my sympathy for the trauma in your personal life! I hope everything picks up soon!

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="SadPSPAddict"]

SadPSPAddict

Exactly

And btw you have my sympathy for the trauma in your personal life! I hope everything picks up soon!

Thanks, it's showing signs of improvement.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sonny360Elite
Enough of the pity party. People deal with death all the time. Don't come to a public forum to gain sympathy. I saw my best friend lie in a casket at 14-years old. I won't go into other things. It's silly to bring it up here. I'm talking about services that should not require an XBL Gold account. Keep acting like we should only be worrying about the health of loved ones 24/7 though. What a joke.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sonny360Elite
The reason they have cross-game chat and Sony doesn't is because they put a patent on it. Wow...what a great thing in today's world. Restrict others from using these things. Exclusive games and paying millions for titles to only be on one console, it is ridiculous. The other poster was right too about games requiring an "online pass" if you have 2 XBOX's in your house. All of this is just needless greed. It really irks me that these basic and free services like Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, etc., all require XBOX Live Gold. That's completely ridiculous.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
The xbox brand is ridiculous. No games and you're required to pay monthly t o access the online functions of games?
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sonny360Elite
The xbox brand is ridiculous. No games and you're required to pay monthly t o access the online functions of games?YoshiYogurt
Yes, it is ridiculous. But the free services that you can use on any computer and any other game console is especially ridiculous to me. The fee for online gaming is unfair in itself too. On PSN if you pay their $50 for Playstation Plus then you get a free game each month that you can play and as long as you stay a member then you can keep the game. But it's not even comparing those two. It's just obvious that these requirements on XBOX Live are a joke in this day and age, when you're already paying all the money to support the brand. Nothing but increased prices from XBOX Live. It's absolute greed.
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

There really is no reason to pay for gold. You can get the same service on PS3 for free. What services are you getting on Xbox that really need to be paid for? Plus gold should have 0 ads. You need gold (which is a paid service) to watch Netflix (which is another paid service) plus all the other services are paid also. so ontop of gold, you gotta have the other paid services to use on Xbox. Like hbo go, netflix, espn, etc. Why should anyone have to pay $60 to use live party or multiplayer?

I would love to hear a rational explanation for that.

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 YoshiYogurt

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"]The xbox brand is ridiculous. No games and you're required to pay monthly t o access the online functions of games?Sonny360Elite
Yes, it is ridiculous. But the free services that you can use on any computer and any other game console is especially ridiculous to me. The fee for online gaming is unfair in itself too. On PSN if you pay their $50 for Playstation Plus then you get a free game each month that you can play and as long as you stay a member then you can keep the game. But it's not even comparing those two. It's just obvious that these requirements on XBOX Live are a joke in this day and age, when you're already paying all the money to support the brand. Nothing but increased prices from XBOX Live. It's absolute greed.

I already paid $400 to get all the crap I needed to even play online $300 console + $100 wifi adapter. I also have paid over $200 in live over the past 4 years.

$600 for the ps3 was not even expensive considering you got free online, a blu ray player(LOL @ HD DVD and it wasn't even included with the 360 either). The ps3 now has more games, a better paid service that isn't even required and actually gets exclusive games.

I bought my xbox for halo 3, expecting only more exclusives as the years go by, but no, I had to forfeit the awesome blade dashboard and get this hellish POS dashboard with ads all over and mii rip offs.

The only thing the 360 does better is party chat, I was shocked to find the ps3 didn't have this feature when my friend was messaging his friend over PSN and I asked "WTF are you doing just invite him to a party!" and my friend says" What is that?" lol....

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sonny360Elite
Yep, which leads to another issue that I don't want to fully address here. It is a different matter and finally has changed for better. I even had to pay the $100 for an adapter to connect the 360 to the internet. Wii and PS3 both included WiFi at launch. 360 continued to charge a premium for their adapter to connect to the internet. Finally just recently they decided to include WiFi and start to get with the times, stop charging unnecessary premiums for things that should be included. That's what needs to be done with all these services and requiring you to have an XBOX Live Gold account. They need to stop charging these unnecessary premiums on things that should be coming free.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#16 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol i had 9 xbox360s break on me 9 x 300 =2700 plus the 100 wifi x3- 2 broke , thats 3000 plus the 336 games i own , ive spent so much on this because ps3 is far worst service wise

YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 YoshiYogurt

lol i had 9 xbox360s break on me 9 x 300 =2700 plus the 100 wifi x3- 2 broke , thats 3000 plus the 336 games i own , ive spent so much on this because ps3 is far worst service wise

mariokart64fan
Hell, I wouldn't even care how bad the ps3's service is. The only console game I play online is Halo, which is a 360 game. Wow I just realized I don't even play ANY online console games but that, I usually just play my own game and talk to my friend in a party. I'll even turn on the xbox, get in a party, and then turn on the wii or 3ds or go to my PC. $600 +price of games to just play Halo over the years and talk in parties.. worth it...
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]Enough of the pity party. People deal with death all the time. Don't come to a public forum to gain sympathy. I saw my best friend lie in a casket at 14-years old. I won't go into other things. It's silly to bring it up here. I'm talking about services that should not require an XBL Gold account. Keep acting like we should only be worrying about the health of loved ones 24/7 though. What a joke.

I could care less about pity. I just wanted to bring a little real world perspective to all of your whining about the cost of maintaining the online capabilities of a certain video game console. $5 a month is nothing worth complaining about. Pay it, don't pay it, who cares.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Sonny360Elite
I want to add to this. I already mentioned the issue of 360 charging a ridiculous amount of money extra for a WiFi adapter for the longest time. They finally have all their consoles with WiFi on them, It's about time. Way to get into the Next-Gen of gaming!!! Wii and PS3 both had WiFi since their launch. Now, thinking back to the original XBOX. Microsoft was pulling the same crap. Gouging XBOX customers for every little add-on (just like they continue to do with 360). When I bought my XBOX I had to pay $30 for a piece that plugged into the controller slot which would allow me to watch DVD's on the XBOX. I believe I even paid $20 more to get the remote which was required to even work the thing. The remote may have been included but I don't remember for sure. PS2 would play all your DVD's right away and was a far superior console to begin with. 360 didn't let you use any bluetooth you wanted either for the longest time. You were almost required to buy their worthless mics which were overpriced junk. Now there are at least a lot more options for headsets to use. You can all see my past posts and see how supportive I've been of Microsoft in the past but this has gotten absurd. I could go on and on about all this. Anyone looking for pity on a public forum is truly pathetic. I just experienced one of the worst hurricanes that America has ever seen. People's lives and homes are ruined. Going on 2 weeks without power. Don't come here crying about the death of a relative. SMDH
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#20 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

Am I an exception or something? I got my Xbox Christmas or '08 and I have never gotten the RRoD, and it has probably frozen up fewer than a dozen times.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sonny360Elite

Am I an exception or something? I got my Xbox Christmas or '08 and I have never gotten the RRoD, and it has probably frozen up fewer than a dozen times.

realguitarhero5
Well, the 360's became more dependable around 08 with the introduction of Jasper's and the rest of the changes they made. After being sued and having a backlash from so many angry customers after years of neglect, Microsoft finally made necessary changes that needed to be made to the console to reduce the possibility of a console getting the RROD. I bought my first 360 in September of 2006 and I paid $400. I was shocked to find out when I got home that it didn't have WiFi. I found out I needed to buy a Router and an adapter to get it to work. There was no way I was paying $100 for the Microsoft one and luckily I was able to buy a linksys for $50. Competing consoles all came with WiFi built-in, of course. Anyway. 6-months after buying my first 360 I got the RROD. It was a good thing I followed what people told me on the internet and I spent the $60-$70 for Best Buy's warranty, so then I could swap my system out when it broke, otherwise I would've been SOL. So about $470 +tax. After 6 months on my 2nd console it got RROD again. So I got my 3rd 360 and that one broke after 6 months. Best Buy didn't swap it out that time because I think the warranty just expired or there was some sort of policy change somehow. So I bought the most recent 360 which was in Spring of '08 and I'm still playing on that system. I bought the 60GB and about a month after they brought out the bigger hard-drives for the Pro system. They've been built much better since then, but before then it was terrible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]

Sonny360Elite
Well, the 360's became more dependable around 08 with the introduction of Jasper's and the rest of the changes they made. After being sued and having a backlash from so many angry customers after years of neglect, Microsoft finally made necessary changes that needed to be made to the console to reduce the possibility of a console getting the RROD. I bought my first 360 in September of 2006 and I paid $400. I was shocked to find out when I got home that it didn't have WiFi. I found out I needed to buy a Router and an adapter to get it to work. There was no way I was paying $100 for the Microsoft one and luckily I was able to buy a linksys for $50. Competing consoles all came with WiFi built-in, of course. Anyway. 6-months after buying my first 360 I got the RROD. It was a good thing I followed what people told me on the internet and I spent the $60-$70 for Best Buy's warranty, so then I could swap my system out when it broke, otherwise I would've been SOL. So about $470 +tax. After 6 months on my 2nd console it got RROD again. So I got my 3rd 360 and that one broke after 6 months. Best Buy didn't swap it out that time because I think the warranty just expired or there was some sort of policy change somehow. So I bought the most recent 360 which was in Spring of '08 and I'm still playing on that system. I bought the 60GB and about a month after they brought out the bigger hard-drives for the Pro system. They've been built much better since then, but before then it was terrible.

Ok yeah, I got an old white 60gb that is still holding strong. RRoD has never been a problem for me. Though my friend's old 2007 Black Elite system didn't get the RRoD until about 8 months ago, though I don't know how much he played on it. Many of my friends are still on their original consoles they bought many years ago. TL;DR I haven't had and I don't know anyone who has had the awful problems with RRoD that I always hear about.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sonny360Elite
You don't know anyone who's had these problems? Seriously, how many of these people bought their 360's in 08 or later? And how many people do you actually know? It can't be many. Everyone I know that has had a 360 has experienced these problems. Most people wouldn't even buy the 360 in fear of the RROD. It wasn't some myth, it was reality. Off the top of my head I could think of 8 friends that I grew up with and played games with. All of them that have owned 360's have had the same problems. One friend bought his 360 in 2011 and got the RROD within 6 months. The rest of us have mostly been gaming since before 08 so our problems go back to around the time the system released and they took so long to make the changes that needed to be made. The Elites when introduced in Spring of 2007 and they were better at preventing RROD. That is when some necessary changes were made and the Falcons and Jaspers started to come out. TL;DR? You wrote 3 sentences...seriously. SMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
[QUOTE="Sonny360Elite"]You don't know anyone who's had these problems? Seriously, how many of these people bought their 360's in 08 or later? And how many people do you actually know? It can't be many. Everyone I know that has had a 360 has experienced these problems. Most people wouldn't even buy the 360 in fear of the RROD. It wasn't some myth, it was reality. Off the top of my head I could think of 8 friends that I grew up with and played games with. All of them that have owned 360's have had the same problems. One friend bought his 360 in 2011 and got the RROD within 6 months. The rest of us have mostly been gaming since before 08 so our problems go back to around the time the system released and they took so long to make the changes that needed to be made. The Elites when introduced in Spring of 2007 and they were better at preventing RROD. That is when some necessary changes were made and the Falcons and Jaspers started to come out. TL;DR? You wrote 3 sentences...seriously. SMH

People have short attentions spans and I am bad at writing concisely. Or well. Sue me.
RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

Getting back to the live thing on multiple consoles. This is one reason why we went the way of PS3. We had one 360 console in the house, and then two of my kids each got their own PS3. We replaced the 360 when the disc drive broke, with another Ps3 for the living room. If we had stayed with 360's, I guess we would be paying about $150 a year for live. That would have been just a little bit to steep. The PS3 works fine for online gaming, and other services such as Netflix. I can understand paying MS for an online gaming fee, (I don't like it.) but they should make all of the other services free. BlueRay players have Netflix, Pandora, and other online services for free, so why can't Xbox? They also need a way to be able to get multiple consoles on one account, and then charge $10 or so per extra console, not another $50. Now if Microsoft would have made Live more affordable for us, they could have had the $1500 to $2000 that we have spent on games and accesories for the PS3's over the last few years. I know Microsoft is just fine without me, and winning in sales, but they really could have burried the Playstation brand this generation if they had played their cards right.

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#26 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
You sound like a ps fanboy.I think that xbox live is a great service and its worth its money.I have had the same xbox since lanch week and it never has had a problem.I also have a ps3 and its a good system but the online is no where near as good as XBL.If you don't like xbox or the service than sell your console.
RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RapidTurtle

Not a PS3 fanboy at all. I did sell my Xbox a few years ago, and I am regreting it now that Halo 4 is out. It is a great console, and I am even thinking of picking up another one. Like I said, I just don't agree with the way they charge for Xbox Live. I don't mind paying for Live on one console, but when there are 2 or 3 consoles in the same house, I don't agree with them making you pay for a live account for each of them.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sonny360Elite

Getting back to the live thing on multiple consoles. This is one reason why we went the way of PS3. We had one 360 console in the house, and then two of my kids each got their own PS3. We replaced the 360 when the disc drive broke, with another Ps3 for the living room. If we had stayed with 360's, I guess we would be paying about $150 a year for live. That would have been just a little bit to steep. The PS3 works fine for online gaming, and other services such as Netflix. I can understand paying MS for an online gaming fee, (I don't like it.) but they should make all of the other services free. BlueRay players have Netflix, Pandora, and other online services for free, so why can't Xbox? They also need a way to be able to get multiple consoles on one account, and then charge $10 or so per extra console, not another $50. Now if Microsoft would have made Live more affordable for us, they could have had the $1500 to $2000 that we have spent on games and accesories for the PS3's over the last few years. I know Microsoft is just fine without me, and winning in sales, but they really could have burried the Playstation brand this generation if they had played their cards right.

RapidTurtle
+rep. Everything is spot on right there. The one thing XBL has is cross-game chat, which they were somehow able to patent and keep other game consoles from including it. The XBL party is cool too but great because there is cross-game chat. Microsoft finally came out with the "family pack" which can get you 4 Gold memberships for your family. Much more reasonable than buying separate subscriptions. Though you can usually find the subscriptions for $40 anyway, so $20 savings on a year isn't too great. It is still $100 more than you would pay to play online on any other system though. Factor in buying the console and the games, it's not worth it. XBL shouldn't be charged as a premium anymore. There are games that come out specifically for online and the single player modes are otherwise worthless. Another thing that Microsoft does is make it so that it's very difficult to fix your own controller. If you have any little problem, there are plenty of things put in your way to disrupt you from fixing something so simple. I'm really just becoming fed up with it. We should not be charged for these services.
mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts
If you want to cut Xbox Live $10 cheaper, go to Amazon and purchase the year of XBL and is only $49. Saves a lot of money. I know it doesn't help your situation but just a thought.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HilbillyRokstar

Not a PS3 fanboy at all. I did sell my Xbox a few years ago, and I am regreting it now that Halo 4 is out. It is a great console, and I am even thinking of picking up another one. Like I said, I just don't agree with the way they charge for Xbox Live. I don't mind paying for Live on one console, but when there are 2 or 3 consoles in the same house, I don't agree with them making you pay for a live account for each of them.

RapidTurtle
Put your profile on a compatible flash drive. Take it with you from room to room. Problem solved. I don't understand the problem, unless you are talking about other people playing on other 360s in the same house. In which case it becomes their problem, not yours.
RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RapidTurtle

[QUOTE="RapidTurtle"]

HilbillyRokstar

Put your profile on a compatible flash drive. Take it with you from room to room. Problem solved. I don't understand the problem, unless you are talking about other people playing on other 360s in the same house. In which case it becomes their problem, not yours.

Yes, if you read the post, we have 3 seperate PS3's now. Like I said, 2 in the kids rooms, and one in the living room. We can have them online at the same time, which would have been costly on an Xbox.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HilbillyRokstar

Cry me a river. If you aren't down with teaching your kids to share, then teach them about the value of money by having them each pay $20 toward the $99/year family price. Again, problem solved. If they are old enough to play online, surely they are old enough to pay for the privilege.

Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sonny360Elite
Well, they've lost me as a customer. I'm almost certain of that. And I was a very loyal customer too. Too bad.
RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RapidTurtle

For me it isn't about the price. It is about the principal of it. If they want to charge the $49 a year for a better gaming experience, then that's fine, just give me a better gaming experince. Cross game chat for me doesn't matter, so when compared to the PS3, there is no added value to Live for me. The fact that they make you pay to use Netflix and the other services that we already pay a monthly fee for is just absurd. I have a Samsung BR player that gives me those services online for free, along with my PS3. Also with the PS3, you can have multiple accounts on the same console. When you start up, just sign in to your account and you are good to go. This even works with the online pass that some games now require, like the Madden series, so we can play online on all 3 consoles with only one copy of the game.

Now $50 a year isn't going to make a break a family, but when you start thinking about it long term, Xbox live is at its 10 year anniversary. 10X$50=$500 that someone has given to Microsoft over that period. I hear they are giving long time Live subs a free helmet for your avatar. Now that's value....

ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts
If PS3 or Wii U had party chat, I would wave goodbye to Live and never look back. I game with 3-5 friends and its nice to go from lobby to lobby and not hear other people. I believe the PS3 does not have this feature due to RAM limitations so it will be interesting to see what happens with the PS4.
Sonny360Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sonny360Elite
Right on, RapidTurtle. I forgot to mention all the times I was suspended from XBOX Live too. I couldn't play online on an account I paid for. And online is the only reason I game to begin with. When I first got on Live, I loved to do friendly trash talk on games like Gears of War. I would get tons of friend requests because people enjoyed it and found it entertaining. You would get people to just file complaints though and you'd end up getting banned. I wrote things in my profile that weren't vulgar or offensive at all. Just some creative things, nothing bad at all. They banned me for 2 weeks because of past suspensions. I couldn't believe that crap. People don't need to look at my profile. That was just BS and likely happened because someone would keep filing complaint and they'd auto-ban me basically. I missed up to two weeks without LIVE for that. That is complete nonsense.