I had an 360 Pro, I just bought an Elite (RE5 Bundle) Help me transfer my data

This topic is locked from further discussion.

begood39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 begood39
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts

Hi Everyone,

So as I said, I wanted to have a bigger hard drive and an Xbox Jasper so I bought the RE5 Bundle tonight. I was planning on sending the form to microsoft in order to receive my free transfer cable but my ebgames salesman told me that it was not possible anymore to get those cable cause out of stock.

Any ideas on the question ? And if his statement is true whats the other option I have to transfer my data to my new 120 GB Hard Drive ?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

hmm, I am honestly not sure, the only thingI can think of is to maybe try and save it to an external memory card (not a hardrive) and try and transfer it to the other 360 that way.

begood39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 begood39
Member since 2005 • 26 Posts

I've heard that the migration kit was good just for one use.

True of false ?

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

I've heard that the migration kit was good just for one use.

True of false ?

begood39

I am sorry that I dont know, Ive never had to use one before...

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Memory card should do it.Move all of your stuff over from your original Hard drive to your memory card and then move that stuff you your new Hard drive....Maybe.
venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts

The transfer kit can be used multiple times it consists of A cable and A disc.The Elite should have come with one if it didn't go to xbox.com or call 1-800-4myxbox.They will send you A transfer kit make sure you have your serian and model numbers ready.The transfer is A one time deal.The kit comes with direction {FOLLOW THEM EXACTLY} ! The hole thing is really easy to do trust me.I got A 120 gig HDD for X-mas/B-day present.I then let my sisters husband use it also so thats how they can be used more then once.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
I thought you could just transfer your account to that harddrive through Live and I'd just take awhile to download all your info onto it.
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
I thought you could just transfer your account to that harddrive through Live and I'd just take awhile to download all your info onto it.moose_knuckler
You can redownload the content you have, but you can't download your save files. Just borrow a memory card and transfer it like that. did you just walk into a store and buy it or did you preorder?
venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts

The transfer kit can be used multiple times it consists of A cable and A disc.The Elite should have come with one if it didn't go to xbox.com or call 1-800-4myxbox.They will send you A transfer kit make sure you have your serian and model numbers ready.The transfer is A one time deal.The kit comes with direction {FOLLOW THEM EXACTLY} ! The hole thing is really easy to do trust me.I got A 120 gig HDD for X-mas/B-day present.I then let my sisters husband use it also so thats how they can be used more then once.

venomdeo

Just do it this way trust me you will thank me later.

bradly_2795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bradly_2795
Member since 2004 • 948 Posts
[QUOTE="moose_knuckler"]I thought you could just transfer your account to that harddrive through Live and I'd just take awhile to download all your info onto it.Tree06
You can redownload the content you have, but you can't download your save files. Just borrow a memory card and transfer it like that. did you just walk into a store and buy it or did you preorder?

In my town you could walk into Wal-Mart and buy a RE5 bundle. They were just sitting there next to the Elite, Pro, and Arcade when I picked up my Jasper Arcade Saturday :P.
armyman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 armyman455
Member since 2008 • 914 Posts

i would send in a request for one anyway it doesnt hurt even if hes right but its extremely beneficial if hes wrong