I feel like I'm being punished for buying a Xbox One.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Charles456k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Charles456k
Member since 2013 • 34 Posts

These are some of the reasons that I feel that I should have stuck with my Xbox 360.(Now just so people understand, these are things that will hopefully be fixed by updates and just time, but are annoying in the beginning.):

• None of my friends have a Xbox One or will be getting one soon.
  • I can't play TellTale games like The Walking Dead: Season 2 or The Wolf Among Us.
  • Multiplayer games like Call of duty only have 20,000 people playing it at a time.(That may sound like a lot of people, but it's not. I go to play anything and there is like 500 people playing it and I can't find any lobbies. For example, I wanted to play Squads last night and there was 74 people playing it, 800 something people playing Extinction, and so on. It's impossible to find an open lobby anymore.)
  • I can't even party chat with my friends on Xbox 360. I have to Skype with them or message them.
  • I can't use my Turtle Beaches to chat with people, I have to use that POS headset or my Kinect.
  • I can't use my flash drive to watch movies or TV shows anymore. I have to use Skydrive and there is a lot of loading times in the middle of the show.
  • Every game that I upgraded to an Xbox One version, I have to get all of the achievements over again.(It's a nice extra boost to my gamer score, but it's boring doing the same thing twice.)
  • Have to click on each individual achievement in the achievement list after you get them to see what you did to get them.
  • Can't view the hard drive to delete items.(Have to go to each individual item in the game store to delete stuff for it.)
  • Can't play any Arcade games that I bought on my 360.(For example, I bought the new WSOP Full House Poker 2 weeks before I got my Xbox One and now I can't play it.)

List of things that are nice about the Xbox One:

• Better graphics.
  • Simpler Dashboard.
  • 10x bigger friends list.
  • Smart glass on my ipad is amazing.(Can go to type a message on my Xbox One and then break out the iPad to type the message. I can use my iPad as a controller to my dashboard. Anything that I can do on my dashboard with my controller, I can do with the iPad. Only thing bad about Smart Glass is if my girlfriend gets a hold of the iPad, she can mess with me while I'm playing my Xbox One. For example, I'll be playing Call of Duty and then all of a sudden Netflix, Skype and Internet Explorer all open at once on my Xbox One and I look next to me and my girlfriend is laughing her ass off. Grrrr.)

That's about all I can thing of right now. If I think of anything else I will update this post, but as you can see, I think I should have stuck with my Xbox 360. Yes the Xbox One is shinier, but be ready for a lot of disappointments as well.

King_Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By King_Wii
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts

If you're feeling homesick for your friends and larger user base then pop out your Xbox 360 and play on it while you wait for the rest of your friends to catch up.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I traded in my old puppies (PS3 and 360) towards the next-gen consoles. I don't regret a thing to be honest, only some of my friends on my list were people I knew from school etc. and the rest were just randoms I met online. I was done with last-gen and played all the games I wanted too before moving on. As for this generation mate, it only gets better from here on in. Can't wait to see what the future holds.

You're not wrong about some of the points though, these things will improve over time and with age on the console.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#4 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@charles456k said:

These are some of the reasons that I feel that I should have stuck with my Xbox 360.(Now just so people understand, these are things that will hopefully be fixed by updates and just time, but are annoying in the beginning.):

• None of my friends have a Xbox One or will be getting one soon.
  • I can't play TellTale games like The Walking Dead: Season 2 or The Wolf Among Us.
  • Multiplayer games like Call of duty only have 20,000 people playing it at a time.(That may sound like a lot of people, but it's not. I go to play anything and there is like 500 people playing it and I can't find any lobbies. For example, I wanted to play Squads last night and there was 74 people playing it, 800 something people playing Extinction, and so on. It's impossible to find an open lobby anymore.)

It's stunning that there's over a million Ones out there, but never over about 25,000 people playing Ghosts, especially considering how few other choices there are for games on the One right now. And equally daunting is that most of the people clearly had it for the 360 beforehand. I feel so far behind.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 29

#5 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

just add new people to play with, you can add me for starters, my GT is sandmanarenas if your interested

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

96,000 players in Battlefield 4 Team death match alone (Not sure about the other playlists). Too bad it's very glitchy at the moment.

Venom951

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Venom951
Member since 2012 • 389 Posts

Yeah Battlefield 4 has way more players online might think you bought the wrong game ? Just saying I mean you want Next Gen Look no further than Battlefield . I mean its formula has been done on PC but not on Console and its Fanfrickentastic!!!

KingJuggaNott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KingJuggaNott
Member since 2013 • 200 Posts

Yea, Battlefield might have more players, but it crashes way too much.

As far as the Original Post, just wait until Xmas. I'm sure that will bump it up a little. Some folks are on the fence and don't know which console to buy, or they just don't have the cash. I understand what you're saying from the friends perspective. Here it is, I have the Xbox One and I only have three friends with a Xbox One.

DavidSchmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 DavidSchmidt
Member since 2013 • 50 Posts

Just be patient really after a while a lot of the things in your cons list will slowly disappear. until then just be content with what you have. there's some great games and some awesome features! It really is unfortunate about the friends though. Just hang tight.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

everything eventually will be ironed out.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#11 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Give it 6 months-year and most issues will get ironed out. Look at all the improvements made to the 360 over its lifetime.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

@King_Wii: yea eventually the the ps4 will come out of style and trendiness. then people will be like why did i ever buy that.

Dtree11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Dtree11
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

No worries, look at how far the Xbox 360 came from release to now. Games (online), music, video, Kinect, and so on. I think that the system will grow over time. You should be very happy by summer time with your choices of game and features. I love using the voice commands for watching tv.

kingcrimson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#14 kingcrimson24
Member since 2012 • 824 Posts

that is why i stick with xbox 360 for another year , there are many great games coming for 360 , and there are also some old games that i must play .

and none of my friends have xbox one yet . i will be getting it at the end of 2014. when Halo , witcher 3 , Quantum break and titanfall are out for it .

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

Just FYI, if you are putting copyrighted videos you don't own a license for on SkyDrive, you will most likely get busted... it's a violation of their terms of service. You could get perma-banned or at the very least have your account shut down... including the loss of all purchased content. So I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Everything else in your litany of complaints is just the road all early adopters must walk.

doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 29

#16 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts

I like the xbox One but there was no way I could get rid of my 360, it still has so many games I want to play

jay_k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 jay_k3
Member since 2006 • 477 Posts

I agree with you, none of my friends have an xbox one except me, so playing with friends won't be happening for a while, since I sold my 360. I also agree with the small amount of people playing multi player online. I think the most I've seen on call of duty ghosts is 30,000. When I went to my buddies place to play ghosts on his 360, there was over 200,000 plus people online, which really makes me regret selling my 360. Overall I like the xbox one and I am happy to be lucky enough to get my hands on one. Hopefully in time, these will no longer be issues.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

@jay_k3 said:

I agree with you, none of my friends have an xbox one except me, so playing with friends won't be happening for a while, since I sold my 360. I also agree with the small amount of people playing multi player online. I think the most I've seen on call of duty ghosts is 30,000. When I went to my buddies place to play ghosts on his 360, there was over 200,000 plus people online, which really makes me regret selling my 360. Overall I like the xbox one and I am happy to be lucky enough to get my hands on one. Hopefully in time, these will no longer be issues.

Yes but the longer the Xbox One is out, the more people will buy it! Remember this is just the start of the generation and therefore a transitional period, It'll be at least a couple of years before there are more Xbox One players than 360. I kept my 360 as I still have plenty of good games I want to play on it. I'm not too fussed about having to find new people to play with, not many of my friends have ever been into gaming so alot of people on my friends list are just randomers I've met online.