I don't like Halo.. Is there somthing wrong with me?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Lawnboi
Member since 2005 • 2650 Posts
I have played both Halo games all I could. I played Halo 2 times Halo 2 once along with a weekend of multiplayer. I honesly did not like these games. I thought there were a lot of dated aspects in both. The story line did not apeal to me at all, and multiplayer is good but I just never got in to it. I will not buy halo 3, I thought the Beta was sloppy and there are plenty of better shooters out. People say the Beta will get better, but c'mon.. this is the most polished Beta in History. Do I have a problem?
Kojo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kojo1
Member since 2004 • 74 Posts
No there's nothing wrong with you :P. Sure it's a little suprising considering the immense popularity of Halo, but there's nothing wrong with you, some people just don't like some games, nothing to be ashamed about.
Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 Lawnboi
Member since 2005 • 2650 Posts
I am the only person I know, who dislikes this game in any way. Just kinda' weird to me.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
the halo games are OK. i was never really a big fan...i just played them but didnt find them anything special. So i'm with you on that one.
Crimson540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Crimson540
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts
No, not at all. Just because there are people yelling "HALOOOOO IS TEH GREATEST GAME EVAAAAH!!!!!!!!1111111111 I LOVE PWNING NOOBZ ALL THE TIME!1111111!!!11" doesn't mean you should. Yeah, it's one of the most popular games ever, but if you don't like it, that's fine. I don't like it THAT much, but it's still pretty fun. I'll get Halo 3 when it comes out mainly so I can play with my friends.
cybermario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cybermario
Member since 2004 • 465 Posts
I have a friend who whenever i throw a party, and start playing halo, he wont even touch the controller.
MIB911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MIB911
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
The Halo games are alright nothing special I know i am gonna get Halo 3 but it definatly wont be my best game thats fo sho
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

yes, there is something wrong with you. For posting yet ANOTHER ONE OF THESE FRICKING TOPICS.

STOP.

DoomHawk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 DoomHawk92
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts

yes, there is something wrong with you. For posting yet ANOTHER ONE OF THESE FRICKING TOPICS.

STOP.

destinhpark

Well said!

sens_rocks_40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 sens_rocks_40
Member since 2004 • 1135 Posts
i didnt like halo 1 at first, but when i played it some more, i grew to like it, maybe you should try playing it more. also the beta was a beta, so dont judge the final game on that alone
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

STOP.

destinhpark

i think he has the right to post a topic, just as much as you have the right to post your opinion. You dont like it? Take a hike buddy.

fireblazer236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fireblazer236
Member since 2004 • 367 Posts
It's funny how people say that Halo is average and their are better shooers out there, yet they never say what these better shooters are.
rayquaza75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rayquaza75
Member since 2005 • 89 Posts
Yes there is something really, really, really wrong with you. My cousin says you are the biggest n00b in the world. Nah JK , but you will learn to like it or i will kill you...................... nah Jk Jk
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
We're just in the minority, Mr. Lawnboi... but somehow it feels good to be there, ya know? :)
DrCLos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 DrCLos
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

I definitely don't think anything is wrong with disliking a game. There are lots of games I might like that my friends don't like. Some people don't like RPGs and some hate shooters. I actually do not like shooters but Halo was great in my opinion for the multiplayer. I didn't care for the single player at all so I'm with you on that one. Don't feel bad, just play a game you actually like :D
rayquaza75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 rayquaza75
Member since 2005 • 89 Posts

good point fireblazer... you just ROFL PWNED these n00bs

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
No, there is nothing wrong with you. I don't care much for Halo either, it's just not my cup of tea. I like many FPSs more then Halo, such as Unreal Tournament, Far Cry, Rainbow Six....and some others. It's not a bad game at all, I just don't enjoy it very much.
Ignignokt104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ignignokt104
Member since 2006 • 4624 Posts
There's nothing wrong with that. I don't like the Grand Theft Auto series and there's nothing wrong with me. You have the right to like or dislike any games you want.
NFSU2_RC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NFSU2_RC3
Member since 2004 • 372 Posts
i realy hate halo....i dont c how its fun :(
BigBoi_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 BigBoi_24
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

No the multiplayer was awesum but the game wasn't good. Us smarties all kno how u feel. My frend loves Halo, and wenever i try and tell him i think it sux, he goes all rampage. lol i dont even think it really sux i just do that for fun

BrokenStr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrokenStr8
Member since 2007 • 282 Posts

Its not surprising,since you probably just played the Halo games for the first time recentlybasedon what you said.I suppose they are hard to get into since they are last gen games and you're use to games like Gears and R6Vegas.But I started playing Halo back like in 02' and its the most intense gaming experience I ever had.So most of the anticipation for Halo 3 are based on greatmemories from fans whos been following and playing the series when it was in its prime.That is obvious.And who also might not of touch a Halo game since the 360 came out.

I think you will probably like Halo3 with the power of the 360if you give it a chance...you cant judge it based on your opinion of Xbox games and beta.

xeon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xeon71
Member since 2005 • 208 Posts
Nothing is wrong with you. I personally love the Halo series. Mainly for the multiplayer. I find that other first person shooters don't have a solid multiplayer like Halo.
Dune571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dune571
Member since 2004 • 448 Posts
[QUOTE="destinhpark"]

STOP.

DoomHawk92

Well said!

yeah and jesu come the heck on. You really think something can be wrong with you b/c you don't like to play a video game some other people do? Go back to school

RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
I just played Halo 1 and 2 this year and they were very average. The only reason people go crazy over Halo is that it was the lauch title for XBOX. It's what I like to call the Mario phenomenon. Now every game with mario is over hyped and most are not that good, like new super mario bros.
iMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 iMuffins
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts

the halo games are OK. i was never really a big fan...i just played them but didnt find them anything special. So i'm with you on that one.gokuofheaven

Same here.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
no theres nothing wrong with you its all a matter of opinion even though some people will fight over it
Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
Nah there's nothing wrong with you. I didn't like it at first either until I played it. I feel in love with it. Lol. Everyone is obligated to their own opinion.
Avatar image for frostythelich13
frostythelich13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 frostythelich13
Member since 2007 • 62 Posts

It's funny how people say that Halo is average and their are better shooers out there, yet they never say what these better shooters are. fireblazer236

for multiplayer battlefield 2 for single player halflife 2 =P named 2

DevilMustCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DevilMustCry
Member since 2005 • 1222 Posts

There is definatley something wrong with you, you should get your problem checked out by a doctor or something. The only way I could see a person not liking Halo is either because:1)They want to be different 2)They want attention or 3) They are not a big fan of FPS's.

Avatar image for frostythelich13
frostythelich13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 frostythelich13
Member since 2007 • 62 Posts

I have played both Halo games all I could. I played Halo 2 times Halo 2 once along with a weekend of multiplayer. I honesly did not like these games. I thought there were a lot of dated aspects in both. The story line did not apeal to me at all, and multiplayer is good but I just never got in to it. I will not buy halo 3, I thought the Beta was sloppy and there are plenty of better shooters out. People say the Beta will get better, but c'mon.. this is the most polished Beta in History. Do I have a problem?Lawnboi

nothing wrong with you, halo is a horribly over rated series.

theAmaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 theAmaco
Member since 2007 • 205 Posts
Yes, go see a doctor immediately.
Avatar image for CrackerRiley023
CrackerRiley023

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CrackerRiley023
Member since 2003 • 1057 Posts
I don't think it is the greatest game I've ever played or that there is anything really special about it that makes it better than other shooters. It is just kinda an addiction for me, I guess.
Danold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Danold
Member since 2005 • 3174 Posts
[QUOTE="destinhpark"]

STOP.

gokuofheaven

i think he has the right to post a topic, just as much as you have the right to post your opinion. You dont like it? Take a hike buddy.

You tellhim he has the right to post in this topic, then you demand he take a hike? But these topics are becoming very annoying. Obviously the TC knows of many others who don't like Halo, all he wants to do is gather attention. Odds are, if he has nearly 2000 posts, he has seen alot of these topics.

icecoldkilla78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 icecoldkilla78
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
a couple of weeks ago i would have thought you had a problem but now i kinda understand. i dont understand how people are so hyped bout bioshock. it has some good aspects in it but i cant get into it. but other people are going crazy over it. so once again, you dont have a prolem
spidermanc2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#35 spidermanc2k
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts
Its okay. Its not for everyone......just almost nearly everyone.
Avatar image for comebackkid1701
comebackkid1701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 comebackkid1701
Member since 2007 • 165 Posts
i loved it at first but then it started to get boring i dont know why it just seemed odd i thought halo 3 would be alot better and i played the beta and i that turned me away from halo even more. Ill still probably get it but ill much rather play other games like rainbow six etc..
Playstation00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Playstation00
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
Theres nothing wrong with you. You are obviously a NINTENDO fanatic though.
ParkCarsHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#38 ParkCarsHere
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts

Halo is a very lackluster FPS. The only reason it got popular is because it is accessible and therefore became one of the most popular console shooters ever made. Ever notice that PC users never say Halo/Halo 2 are their favorite FPS games? It's because the PC actually has GOOD FPS. Halo is definately not good. It's just that the competition it had when it was first created was non-existant.

It has its moments, but I don't like it much either (and neither do most people who have actually played a good FPS), so no, there is nothing wrong with you :P.

christian1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 christian1993
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts

Personally i love the game

defkickjam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 defkickjam
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts

Man i do agree with u if u dont like it cause i mean people have diffrent choices but than again man u dislike halo. Halo from other fps is one of the most fun game ever to play . serioulsly halo 3 is the most anticipated game of the year . soem sites and editors say its the most anticipated game of all time. but htan again if u dislike it its cool but u should give halo anohter thought cause u might just like it.

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
I stopped playing the first one midway through and then finished it. I replayed the campaign twice. Halo 2 I beat once and I enjoyed it. Halo is a weird series for me because I'm not really big into it yet a Xbox console would just feel empty without it.
InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts
Yes you have a problem. Go see the doctor ASAP!
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts
Not really If you have Xbox/Xbox 360 there is lots of other games to enjoy. I love science fiction so the Halo series is great for me. Halo is the Xbox flagship series, Kinda like Mario for Nintendo systems.
SC_George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SC_George
Member since 2004 • 297 Posts
HALO IS BALLS!!!!!!! HALO IS THE CRAPPIEST FPS EVER!!! YOU WANNA KNOW BETTER FPSs!?!?!?!?!?!?! HALF LIFE 2 GOLDENEYE 007 COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE QUAKE 3 UNREAL TOURNAMENT DAY OF DEFEAT SOURCE DOOM 1 AND HALO SUCKS!!!!!
keen_desire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 keen_desire
Member since 2006 • 317 Posts
You're ok but I think you just wanted to stir up controversy here. Get over with it.
SC_George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SC_George
Member since 2004 • 297 Posts
of course he did, thats what i was doing 2 lol
axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts

if you dont like halo, SELL YOUR XBOX!!!! the xbox and the 360 was made to be played halo on.

Avatar image for JohnnytheFuture
JohnnytheFuture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JohnnytheFuture
Member since 2004 • 117 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, I play the Halo games for the hype. Its hype is an undeniably large factor in the popularity of this game. I like the multiplayer, it's fun, I have high hopes for Halo 3, and it does look promising, so I give Halo the benefit of the doubt. 
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

I've always felt that the best part of the games are the co-op modes. Playing through the original Halo on Legendary with my brother for hours on end was about as much fun as I've ever had playing a videogame. Take out the co-op, and the game wouldn't be nearly as popular as it is today.
venomdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 venomdeo
Member since 2003 • 615 Posts

[QUOTE="gokuofheaven"]the halo games are OK. i was never really a big fan...i just played them but didnt find them anything special. So i'm with you on that one.iMuffins

SAME!

Same here.