I am so done with Xbox one...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

noobslaya1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 noobslaya1993
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts

This is partly my fault... but Microsoft really charges tax on their dlc? just to explain my story....I got the ps4 and xbox one on their release dates. I originally got Ghost for ps4 but on Christmas someone got me Ghost for Xbox one. being a few close friends of my mine play on xbox one i decided to get the map pack coming out, Onslaught. So i went and bought a $15 dollar card being the map pack is $15. As I went to go download the map pack, I was unable to buy it because Microsoft charges tax...seriously? i have bought season passes and other things on ps4 and was never charged tax. This is not the only reason why i am upset with the Xbox one.. but its easily made up my mind that i want to sell the console.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

blog it

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

You know, theres starving kids in Africa that don't even have games to put in their consoles, be greatfull ! :p

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#4 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

If you are "so done with xbox" here is your solution friend, go out and buy a PS4 or a Wii-U, heck maybe even both! Because coming to a gaming forum and crying like a little baby about it certainly wont fix your problem, all it will do is serve to amuse others as entertainment.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#5 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@noobslaya1993 said:

...As I went to go download the map pack, I was unable to buy it because Microsoft charges tax...seriously? i have bought season passes and other things on ps4 and was never charged tax. This is not the only reason why i am upset with the Xbox one.. but its easily made up my mind that i want to sell the console.

This is recent. States are clamping down on tax for out-of-state purchases for places like Amazon and such. It's not like Microsoft makes money by charging you tax. If they collect tax money, it gets turned over to a state. If anything it's a hassle for them because it's just more record-keeping.

noobslaya1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By noobslaya1993

@mesomorphin said:

If you are "so done with xbox" here is your solution friend, go out and buy a PS4 or a Wii-U, heck maybe even both! Because coming to a gaming forum and crying like a little baby about it certainly wont fix your problem, all it will do is serve to amuse others as entertainment.

angry for no reason much? but maybe if you read the post, you would see i do own a ps4 :). Also, and this is obviously an opinion, but pointing out facts about a console and how crappy it is, is not "crying like a baby" to me. I mean i spent $500 on xbox one, not inculding tax, Live, games etc... I have the right to complain as much as I like if i do not like it.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

@noobslaya1993 said:

@mesomorphin said:

I have the right to complain as much as I like if i do not like it.

Do we look like microsoft to you? no? then go complain in their ear's not ours.

MassiveKaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By MassiveKaos
Member since 2006 • 3876 Posts

They didn't on 360 if i'm remembering correctly so this is something new on xbone?

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@MassiveKaos said:

They didn't on 360 if i'm remembering correctly so this is something new on xbone?

I didnt have tax when I purchased Killer Instinct. I have no clue what the TC is talking about. It must be new or he is a special case.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I wonder if started happening when they abandoned the "points" and went instead with real money.

noobslaya1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By noobslaya1993

Well I actually called Mircosoft when I went to work this morning, I did not call when this happened being it was 4am, and the reason is because of the points to money conversion. Pretty stupid. But I was told it is not for everything, but most things.

mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts

it depends on ur state or country...some states charge online tax and some don't. my state don't charge online tax on digital goods purchased on xbox live...so it really depends on ur state

Warlord_Irochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#13 Warlord_Irochi
Member since 2009 • 4291 Posts

Depends on the place. In EU you don't pay taxes for online transaction (for now) Yet again, you don't even pay import taxes here when you import something from another country that is part of the Union.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@noobslaya1993: Be greatful yes but I understand what you mean. Gaming has become extremely unrealistic. I figure just charge me $80 up front with absolutely no extra costs and I'm good. If they have to increase prices I understand but don't trick me into having to spend money after the purchase.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@noobslaya1993: Be greatful yes but I understand what you mean. Gaming has become extremely unrealistic. I figure just charge me $80 up front with absolutely no extra costs and I'm good. If they have to increase prices I understand but don't trick me into having to spend money after the purchase.

If you want to get mad about the "after purchase" costs of downloadable content and other add ons get mad at your fellow gamers. How many of you are trading in your games used or waiting for massive discounts? How much of those used purchases do you think make their way back to the developer to recoup the cost of making the game in the first place? Of course they have to come up with new ways to get people to pay for what they're making. If they can't tie it to the disk sale, they have to try to tie it to things you'll need/want outside of the basic game or push for online sales, drm, etc. etc...

I don't like corporate greed, but I look at all of these studios getting shut down and I have to wonder who's screwing who?

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

@wg_mcfartypants: Agreed! That's why I purchased both systems at launch because other than Dreamcast I had never purchased a system at launch so I decided to contribute in order to make sure these consoles continue to be produced. I buy all of my games new. I am not about purchasing used games especially when Gamestop tries to sell you a used game as new. I support Xbone although I'm not completely satisfied but I'm hoping they start to produce more exclusives.

chernoalpha527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 chernoalpha527
Member since 2013 • 169 Posts

So let me get this straight, you are going to get rid of the xbox because MS charged you tax on DLC? Unless you are having other major problems with the system getting rid of it now would be pretty stupid. Both new consoles are long term investments, so many more new features and games are going to come out in the coming years just stick with it for a while.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

@wg_mcfartypants said:

@RimacBugatti said:

If you want to get mad about the "after purchase" costs of downloadable content and other add ons get mad at your fellow gamers. How many of you are trading in your games used or waiting for massive discounts? How much of those used purchases do you think make their way back to the developer to recoup the cost of making the game in the first place? Of course they have to come up with new ways to get people to pay for what they're making. If they can't tie it to the disk sale, they have to try to tie it to things you'll need/want outside of the basic game or push for online sales, drm, etc. etc...

I don't like corporate greed, but I look at all of these studios getting shut down and I have to wonder who's screwing who?

I agree with some of this, but I don't think all of it is to blame on used game trading. Trading in used games is nothing new and goes way back to the early NES days, which is years before they ever started offering DLC on titles.

I think DLC is such a huge moneymaker for developers that they would charge it separate even if the above didn't exist. Especially when you have a game like COD that probably makes most of its money off of DLC and season passes. DLC seems to be the wave of the future and I don't think it's going away ever.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@jasean79 said:

@wg_mcfartypants said:

@RimacBugatti said:

I agree with some of this, but I don't think all of it is to blame on used game trading. Trading in used games is nothing new and goes way back to the early NES days, which is years before they ever started offering DLC on titles.

I think DLC is such a huge moneymaker for developers that they would charge it separate even if the above didn't exist. Especially when you have a game like COD that probably makes most of its money off of DLC and season passes. DLC seems to be the wave of the future and I don't think it's going away ever.

I'm not saying it's all our faults. I'm saying there's a massive flaw in the standard "finger pointing" everyone does. The market is shrinking. Hardware and software development is moving towards mobile. These aren't really fantastic developments for hardcore gamers who like big, expensive to develop, triple AAA titles on bleeding edge hardware.

You can't JUST blame developers and corporations for this. They go where the money is. And people are buying mobile throwaway devices then complaining about the lack of support and innovation in the PC's and consoles they aren't investing any money in (yes, buying new toys IS investing in an industry)..

While trade-ins and piracy have been around forever, the prevailing attitude anymore is so negative and pervasive. Even the most positive reviewed games are declared unbuyable until they've dropped to bargain basement prices (just look at the reaction over Tomb Raider - which in spite of being a fantastic game that was well reviewed, just barely broke even - who had the audacity to spend more money and dev time porting it over to next gen consoles so that it might reach a wider audience that hadn't played it yet)...

And the argument that the real gamers buy new games at full price is bullshit. Once a cheaper option is available, it's taken. Once it's taken, it's expected, then demanded. Yet, I don't see games getting any cheaper to make.

People keep screaming for these companies to fail, but for all their flaws I don't think the alternative is going to be a magic wonderland of everyone getting exactly what they want for free....

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#20 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

@noobslaya1993 said:

This is partly my fault... but Microsoft really charges tax on their dlc? just to explain my story....I got the ps4 and xbox one on their release dates. I originally got Ghost for ps4 but on Christmas someone got me Ghost for Xbox one. being a few close friends of my mine play on xbox one i decided to get the map pack coming out, Onslaught. So i went and bought a $15 dollar card being the map pack is $15. As I went to go download the map pack, I was unable to buy it because Microsoft charges tax...seriously? i have bought season passes and other things on ps4 and was never charged tax. This is not the only reason why i am upset with the Xbox one.. but its easily made up my mind that i want to sell the console.

Tax is handled by the state. My state didn't do this, then about a year ago they started charging on online purchases. It sucks, but don't blame Microsoft for your state's laws.

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Didn't you already pay tax when you bought the card?

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Hate your government for the taxes not M$.I got pretty pissed off when i tried getting xboxlive gold, i had previously rented the use of msoffice for a month but forgot to cancel the auto renewal and did it with a prepaid credit card so i couldnt get gold until i paid for the couple months they kept trying to bill me for something i wasnt using. That almost made me sell my xbone just cause a few days of calling support in my spare time until i got a hold of a support person who could figure out why the system kept giving me errors. Im glad i didnt though my xbone gets used a lot more then my paperweight station.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu:

Why should we care about starving kids in Africa?

RealJaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RealJaysonguy
Member since 2013 • 236 Posts

@draign: That's because 8% of 0$ is still 0$ :p

(I do realize you're probably talking about the character bundles)

AceCometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 AceCometh
Member since 2004 • 1419 Posts

Of the reasons to sell the console, that has to rank among the worst.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@Lulu_Lulu:

Why should we care about starving, gameless kids with consoles in Africa?

Fixed.

noobslaya1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 noobslaya1993

@AceCometh: .If you actually read what I posted, I wrote "This is not the only reason why i am upset with the Xbox one.. but its easily made up my mind that i want to sell the console." It helps to read sometimes lol

i could gladly list some issues i have with Xbox one:

Compared to PS+, Xbox live is a joke.

Invite system sucks

Party chat system sucks

games do not look as good as they do on PS4. i have played BF4 and CoD Ghost on both consoles and games easily look better ( not by a lot), run more smoothly and there is a lot less lag when i play PS4

The console was just rushed, with knowing this, I still risked and bought the console when I should have obviously waited a year or so. /: