Huxlet??? Heard of it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mwright68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mwright68
Member since 2004 • 384 Posts
has anyone heard anything on this game. it looked pretty cool and with the online play could be good but i havent heard anything on it in a year+.
EkriLik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EkriLik
Member since 2008 • 148 Posts
No, but I've heard of Huxley.
Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts
No, sorry. Huxlet isn't a game.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

you mean Huxley?

It was announced for the Pc for 09, nothing for the 260 but I am not gonna get it even if it is good. Not intersted in paying monthly fees for a MMORPG

73X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 73X
Member since 2008 • 1545 Posts
Huxlet? Hmm...doesn't ring a bell. I have heard of a game called Huxley though, and it looks pretty good, though by the time it comes out we'll probably already be buying our Xbox 720s.
Mwright68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mwright68
craaaaap yes huxley...TYPO
Mwright68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mwright68

you mean Huxley?

It was announced for the Pc for 09, nothing for the 260 but I am not gonna get it even if it is good. Not intersted in paying monthly fees for a MMORPG

APOLLOCJD

260? i dont have one of those..i have a 360

Hatefish2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hatefish2
Member since 2006 • 1783 Posts
[QUOTE="APOLLOCJD"]

you mean Huxley?

Mwright68

haha it's so funny when someone's joke gets turned around on them :P

Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
Jesus christ who cares about typos we're on the internet.
alkaline_DnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 alkaline_DnB
Member since 2006 • 1816 Posts

Jesus christ who cares about typos we're on the internet.Trickshot771

it's 'teh internets'

yetiboy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yetiboy15
Member since 2005 • 406 Posts
A huxlet is created when two accounts on huxley mate.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

I'm beginning to think this has become vapourware, as news about it came out ages ago, and then it all went silent.

could be released about the same time as Duke Nukem Forever :P

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

Its Christ, capitalized. :p

Shrapnel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Shrapnel99
Member since 2006 • 7143 Posts

I'm beginning to think this has become vapourware, as news about it came out ages ago, and then it all went silent.

Avenger1324

Well, Duke Nukem is on the right track. They released this December 2007 (Not TOO long ago)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cWuteFLUPSY

Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
lmao this thread is funny. and this game doesnt sound like its come soon
great_rulo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 great_rulo
Member since 2007 • 2838 Posts

you mean Huxley?

APOLLOCJD

You wont pay 10 dollars a month to play a MMORPG but you will gladly throw your money to the trash by buting crappy games uh? i see a lot of EA games in your gamertag, even Stranglehold and Dragon Ball, CHEAP!

blarghe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blarghe
Member since 2005 • 159 Posts
I remember waiting for Huxley for the first Xbox then the 160 then the 260 and now the 360 I give up.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
[QUOTE="Avenger1324"]

Shrapnel99

Well, Duke Nukem is on the right track. They released this December 2007 (Not TOO long ago)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cWuteFLUPSY

That's not the first time they've released new screenshots or footage and then disappeared from view for another few years. Another gameplay video was released in 2001, and we still dont have the game, and it original began development in 1997!!

If you want something funny to read, check out The Duke Nukem Forever List

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheHumanDove
Member since 2006 • 253 Posts
Huxlet? What's that?
blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]Jesus christ who cares about typos we're on the internet.alkaline_DnB

it's 'teh internets'

omgwtfbbq! n00b, use teh googles. its interwebs! al gore invented it, so stfu. lol I can't believe people actually type like that. This thread is pretty awesome by the way.
gumboots22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gumboots22
Member since 2003 • 468 Posts
[QUOTE="alkaline_DnB"]

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]Jesus christ who cares about typos we're on the internet.blue_tape

it's 'teh internets'

omgwtfbbq! n00b, use teh googles. its interwebs! al gore invented it, so stfu. lol I can't believe people actually type like that. This thread is pretty awesome by the way.

uhm excuze meh All Goar is capitolizd noob jezus

***Best thread ever***
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts

A huxlet is created when two accounts on huxley mate. yetiboy15

Haha, that was funny.

SirCokerThe9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SirCokerThe9th
Member since 2008 • 682 Posts
It's called Huxley...and haven't seen much.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 APOLLOCJD
[QUOTE="APOLLOCJD"]

you mean Huxley?

Mwright68

I was the one person who was acutally trying to be helpful and you turn around and pull the typo card on me, I wasn't even trying to be like the rest of the jerks who where making fun of you I just wanted to make sure we where talking about the same thing.

Next time I just won't respond to your threads though

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 APOLLOCJD
[QUOTE="APOLLOCJD"]

you mean Huxley?

Mwright68

I was the one person who was acutally trying to be helpful and you turn around and pull the typo card on me, I wasn't even trying to be like the rest of the jerks who where making fun of you I just wanted to make sure we where talking about the same thing.

Next time I just won't respond to your threads though

Avatar image for RollingZeppelin
RollingZeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RollingZeppelin
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts
^^ waaa waaa waaaa, thats all I hear. Don't be so sensitive man. I personaly look forward to getting Huxlet for my Xbin 260.
Erock7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Erock7
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts

Huxlet... lol that made me laugh.

From the little I've seen, it looks promising. Pay per month games tend to scare people away though.

steveslugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 steveslugga
Member since 2007 • 1344 Posts
Ive been waitin on Huxlet forever, looks sweet-ass
mufcbarlow1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mufcbarlow1
Member since 2005 • 1364 Posts

huxlet??

260???

ARGGGHH MIND IMPLODES!!

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

While my grammar and English leaves a lot to be desired, that's the dumbest argument ever. What do you suppose English class in high school was for? I'm pretty sure it wasn't so you could go through life saying "I got a B+, what did you get?"

The purpose in case you are unaware is so that when you are writing/typing things out pretty much anywhere later in life it's clear and correct for others to read. Which by the way is the purpose of a forum, that being for others to read what you type out and understand it easily. Again my English and grammar is far far from perfect, but at least I understand the reason for doing it well and try.

It baffles me when someone uses the internet for an excuse to by lazy, as if in any other place they wouldn't feel the same. "Awwww come on man, I wrote you a stupid letter..... it's not like the president is going to read it. Who cares if there's a typo?",

"Awwww whatever, we're a bank, we deal with numbers not spelling and grammar. So I spelled the ladies name wrong and it didn't deposit in her account, change it if you really care that much!".

Anyway, just pointing out that it really is a silly argument, I'd imagine that while maybe not you personally, a lot of people who make that argument argued the other direction while in English class. "Who cares if it's correct? I'm in a classroom writing this for a stupid grade, not out in a real world situation where it would matter".

Lastly, before someone argues if it really matters, what does really matter? We could all spell, add, speak, behave wrong and we'd all still survive I'd imagine. It's just called common courtesy to try to do things right.

Besides, the internet already gives to many free passes in other areas. Cut it some slack.

RollingZeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RollingZeppelin
Did you just compare writing on an internet forum to depositing a cheque...that's random.
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rgsniper1

Did you just compare writing on an internet forum to depositing a cheque...that's random.RollingZeppelin

Yeah I think that's the point I was trying to get across in that you can't say who cares to good spelling or grammar just because you're on the internet. Maybe not the best example, but after re-reading it I think it's a good way to get across my point. When does it really matter if you spell correctly or use good grammar?

"Who cares about typo's, it's the internet"... ummmm, so...what does that really mean? Why is it ok to be lazy just because you're using the internet? Is there something I failed to read before I started using the internet that states:

You can have poor language skills, this isn't class so you wont be graded.

Maybe a hidden document that states when it's ok and not ok to do this?

Times it's OK to have typo's:

1. in a letter to your grandma, but only if it's on yellow paper.

2. a letter to your mom

Times's it's not OK to have typo's

1. in a letter to your girlfriend, can't have her thinking she's dating an idiot

Anyway, I'll stop as I really don't care at all. I just think it's a silly thing to say.

RollingZeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RollingZeppelin
I see what you mean. I'm currently in a flame war cause I insulted some guy who used the dumbest of dumb grammitcal errors, that being a double negative. But when someone does that I make a quick little insult, nothing personal, and then laugh about it, but it seems everyone here has a pole up their a** so negative comments are contraband.
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]Jesus christ who cares about typos we're on the internet.rgsniper1

While my grammar and English leaves a lot to be desired, that's the dumbest argument ever. What do you suppose English class in high school was for? I'm pretty sure it wasn't so you could go through life saying "I got a B+, what did you get?"

The purpose in case you are unaware is so that when you are writing/typing things out pretty much anywhere later in life it's clear and correct for others to read. Which by the way is the purpose of a forum, that being for others to read what you type out and understand it easily. Again my English and grammar is far far from perfect, but at least I understand the reason for doing it well and try.

It baffles me when someone uses the internet for an excuse to by lazy, as if in any other place they wouldn't feel the same. "Awwww come on man, I wrote you a stupid letter..... it's not like the president is going to read it. Who cares if there's a typo?",

"Awwww whatever, we're a bank, we deal with numbers not spelling and grammar. So I spelled the ladies name wrong and it didn't deposit in her account, change it if you really care that much!".

Anyway, just pointing out that it really is a silly argument, I'd imagine that while maybe not you personally, a lot of people who make that argument argued the other direction while in English class. "Who cares if it's correct? I'm in a classroom writing this for a stupid grade, not out in a real world situation where it would matter".

Lastly, before someone argues if it really matters, what does really matter? We could all spell, add, speak, behave wrong and we'd all still survive I'd imagine. It's just called common courtesy to try to do things right.

Besides, the internet already gives to many free passes in other areas. Cut it some slack.

I'm not saying good grammar isn't important, but having to double check everything you type on a forum in fear of getting raped by the grammar police is pretty ridiculous. We should be able to casually express our opinions.

blue_tape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 blue_tape
Member since 2007 • 2868 Posts
raped by the grammar policeTrickshot771
I don't care who calls the Context Police, this is yet another gem in this thread.
w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#36 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
HUXLEY and it looks tight
nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
Its a 360 pc exclusive, no ps3
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]Jesus christ who cares about typos we're on the internet.rgsniper1

who actually read all this lol

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rgsniper1
[QUOTE="rgsniper1"]

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]Jesus christ who cares about typos we're on the internet.slim-pagey

:lol::lol::lol:..... lol, roflmao, roflcopter,lol'ers... :| oh wait that's not funny at all. Sorry if it's to much work for you let me explain in internet lingo.. that excuse it teh suxxors. Better?

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

[QUOTE="Trickshot771"]Jesus christ who cares about typos we're on the internet.alkaline_DnB

it's 'teh internets'

im pretty sure its called the INTERWEBS or if you want to be fancy you can say INTERNETS :)
slim-pagey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 slim-pagey
Member since 2006 • 362 Posts
[QUOTE="slim-pagey"][QUOTE="rgsniper1"]

:lol::lol::lol:..... lol, roflmao, roflcopter,lol'ers... :| oh wait that's not funny at all. Sorry if it's to much work for you let me explain in internet lingo.. that excuse it teh suxxors. Better?

one word to describe you 'noob', or 'u iz teh n00b huz tryz to correctz grammer, buts iz pwns u'

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rgsniper1

Your use of the word "noob" says all I need to know about you. Don't bother responding with another of your witty remarks as I wont be back. I swear coming to these forums is making me more stupid with each passing day.