There are many benefits to routing your xbox IP through a VPN connection. This ranges from utilizing exclusive American content, to hiding your IP from DDoSers, or even hiding your location from Doxers. This tutorial will show you a loophole that allows you to get around/avoid these hassles. Let us begin.
Laptop with LAN port
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
This tutorial was done using IPvanish.
Setup VPN on Xbox
One of the methods of setting up Xbox One VPN is by tunneling your service via router and then connecting your gaming console and other devices to the router. Note that the setup may vary according to the router you use and the instructions provided by the VPN provider.
- Use the following steps to configure a VPN service on your router:
- You need an Ethernet cable and connect your modem to the WAN port in the router.
- Open your Router’s Control Panel – accessible from your system control panel.
- Go to the ‘Basic Setup’ / ‘Network’ / ‘Basic’ tab in your router control panel (where you can configure WAN or Internet settings).
- Enter the setup details provided by your VPN provider (username, password, gateway, subnet mask, etc.).
- Select the appropriate protocol settings and the change the ‘Connection Type’ based on your router and VPN providers instructions (usually to PPTP, but it depends).
- Select the appropriate DCHP settings depending on the requirements by your VPN provider.
- Click the Apply Settings / Save / Connect button and you are done.
Now you can connect your Xbox to the router either through Wi-Fi or through Ethernet cable and can enjoy using VPN on your Xbox 360 or Xbox One.