How to record Xbox Gameplay without a Capture Card

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lucaraimew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 lucaraimew
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Anyone know how?

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

uh camera on the screen. Thats the only way besides using some sort of capture method.

rafferty_1875

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 rafferty_1875
Member since 2007 • 276 Posts
Some cap cards give it SHOCKINGLY bad quality. You need extra cables that dont come with the card to capture audio, and to record in 60 hz with some cards you need added software. Do research on the one you want to buy before deciding.
Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Wopps
Member since 2003 • 2373 Posts

I use a flip cam corder for my youtube videos and the quality is actually very good. If you have the right camera, tripod, and good angle they'll look fine if you do the camera on the screen method

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

get a dazzle recorder plus...it works on any PC...it connects using USB... but you have to use the composite cables that come with your 360.

gus524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gus524
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts
Well bungie offers some sort of online game recorder using theater but it has a price. It seems with the new call of duty stat collector will have a similar feature. As with capture cards I bought an easy cap witch is so annoying to work with but is a cheap option that if you tweak it turns out not to bad. Hoped this helped!
dragonps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 dragonps
Member since 2007 • 1702 Posts

I use a flip cam corder for my youtube videos and the quality is actually very good. If you have the right camera, tripod, and good angle they'll look fine if you do the camera on the screen method

Wopps
Wopps makes a good point actually, you can get real good quality with the right angle, lighting etc. That's really the only other option if your not using a capture card
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
If you have a DVD recorder, you can record on that. Just hook your 360 up to it via a scart cable. I've got one but I never record gameplay. PS, Youtube is coming to 360. Maybe in the near future, games will have the ability to upload footage to Youtube directly from the 360. Some PS3 games already have that ability. Just Cause 2 being one of them.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
You could go with the option of DVD recording but that does have the disadvantage that its very awkward, you cant record bits and peices as easily as you can with a capture card. Sorry but capture cards are your best method, they're just much more versatile. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roxio-Game-Capture-Xbox-360/dp/B004SB1RVI/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=IWJMNVQXDIRFP&colid=18GWU3NA6WDVM give this a try, its realitively cheap as HD capture goes and isnt that hard to use, plug the 360 in one end and the pc in the other then use the software to record.