How to make the xbox 360 quiet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leeandziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 leeandziggy
Member since 2010 • 78 Posts

Any suggestions?. I have the elite and I'm his close to wrapping it up in foam or putting it in a cupboard1

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Any suggestions?. I have the elite and I'm his close to wrapping it up in foam or putting it in a cupboard1

leeandziggy

Install games on the Hard Drive...or play loud music..Both work:D

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

Pretty much what the guy above said, I just play music while playing or just turn up the volume of the game. Installing a game won't always work but it might make it quiet. If you can't turn up the volume too much, then you'll have to bare it lol...

Prophylactixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Prophylactixx
Member since 2010 • 130 Posts

Build a sound proof box with a hinged door, slide your 360 inside of said sound proof box, and close the door. Done and done.

dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dejo256
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts

Use a hammer.

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Turn it off. Best advice right there. Or you could turn up the TV's volumne. :P
leeandziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 leeandziggy

Build a sound proof box with a hinged door, slide your slide inside of said sound proof box, and close the door. Done and done.

Prophylactixx

I'm thinking about doing just that, I know there was company that built custom boxes once upon a time but I have an old PC case lying around and might make something out of that with some soundproofing foam. The thing is though it would have to have a glass front or something for the wireless remote. or are the xboxe 360's connected by raidio waves?..either way it needs to be able to conect to the controller. I also have a cupboard in my room I could put it in and just extend the wires, so new questions I suppose are either how to mod a PC case to house and make an xbox 360 quite, or how to extend the wireless capabilities into the room past a closed cupboard?...

thanks to everyone else too. As for turning the soundtrack up I can't because I'm up at all hours, and the same goes for music, I could use headphone I suppose but I don't like them and I enjoy the surround sound.

sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

Build a sound proof box with a hinged door, slide your slide inside of said sound proof box, and close the door. Done and done.

Prophylactixx

then let it overheat and explode:)

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
turtle beach head phones works every time all the time
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I play all my games of the HDD and I only hear my 360 when I switch it on or go back to the dash, installing is your best bet and it keeps it cooler.

leeandziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 leeandziggy

This is the one I'd seen before it's by lian Li http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/gaming/xbox-lianli-case I want one but they're discontinued..

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#12 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

Shoot it. :P Just kidding you could turn up the volume on your TV that some times helps or just don't play games on discs. My new slim is a little noisy at times to put I just put up with it.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
Smash it with sledge hammer.
noxboxlive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 noxboxlive
Member since 2008 • 5856 Posts
i like the sound nothing like a 360 booting up
leeandziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 leeandziggy

I will try loading the game to the hard drive first. I always assumed I was the fan making all the noise but apparently it's he DVD drive. Some people have taken it out and wrapped it in sound dampening foam, but it only managed to quiet it 5 db, so I won't bother with that. If it is the drive then I will be well happy with it running the games off the hard drive. I bet the fans are a contributing factor though so I might look into replacing thhat, hopefully Arctic Cooling make a replacement or some other high quality fan maanufacturer, we shall see.

leeandziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 leeandziggy
i like the sound nothing like a 360 booting up noxboxlive
I like the smell of a new Blu ray or game box so I know where you're comming from, we all have our little kinks!
Nooberman2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nooberman2k
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts
[QUOTE="noxboxlive"]i like the sound nothing like a 360 booting up leeandziggy
I like the smell of a new Blu ray or game box so I know where you're comming from, we all have our little kinks!

You're not alone on that one!
Avatar image for deactivated-60e799a72eb68
deactivated-60e799a72eb68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-60e799a72eb68
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts

Talismoon whisper fans provide better cooling and lower dbs during operation. Installing games to the hard drive will also prevent the loud dvd drive from being used the entire time.

Prophylactixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Prophylactixx
Member since 2010 • 130 Posts

[QUOTE="Prophylactixx"]

Build a sound proof box with a hinged door, slide your 360 inside of said sound proof box, and close the door. Done and done.

sharkbiscuit79

then let it overheat and explode:)

If this end result transpires, you have no Xbox left to worry about making noise. Problem still solved :D

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

Its weird that my 360 is always quiet while others complaining that theirs is loud. :lol: I'm not being a troll but im just saying.8)

right4dead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 right4dead
Member since 2010 • 1062 Posts

install the games to the hard drive, and why would you pack it up just because its loud? dumb reason

leeandziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 leeandziggy

install the games to the hard drive, and why would you pack it up just because its loud? dumb reason

right4dead

I don't uderstand what you mean by "pack it up", I don't think anyone said that did they. I don't want to not use it if that's what you mean, obviously not if I'm willing to go to the trouble of modding it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#23 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

Put it in another room.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Don't play it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#25 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts
Don't play it.shaunchgo
+1
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Stevo7991
Don't play it.shaunchgo
Okay, thats not gonna help the person.
Avatar image for EasyNormalHard1
EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EasyNormalHard1
Member since 2010 • 203 Posts
Tell it to just be quite and if it says no you might wanna tell me what your taking so I can have some lol. 360 talk to me lol yep yep drinky drinky.
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
Tell it to just be quite and if it says no you might wanna tell me what your taking so I can have some lol. 360 talk to me lol yep yep drinky drinky.EasyNormalHard1
Kid, are you capable of making a post WITHOUT mentioning that you're an alcoholic or pot head. I smoke a little herb every now and then, just like anybody else. The difference is between those who do it, and those immature little children that think it's cool to brag about. You can let certain things be implicit. You don't have to spell it out for the public. Especially on a gaming forum. Do yourself a favor, and stay away for a while. Your brain can't handle anymore. All your posts are just the ramblings of the bum on the street corner. Your type is all too common nowadays. Enjoy your welfare.
Augi247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Augi247
Member since 2010 • 171 Posts

buy the slim man

spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

My 360 sounds very loud too when I turn it on, but seems to quiet down after a few minutes. And my games are installed on hard drive. I guess buying slim is the only option.

Avatar image for EasyNormalHard1
EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EasyNormalHard1
Member since 2010 • 203 Posts
[QUOTE="EasyNormalHard1"]Tell it to just be quite and if it says no you might wanna tell me what your taking so I can have some lol. 360 talk to me lol yep yep drinky drinky.Dredg11
Kid, are you capable of making a post WITHOUT mentioning that you're an alcoholic or pot head. I smoke a little herb every now and then, just like anybody else. The difference is between those who do it, and those immature little children that think it's cool to brag about. You can let certain things be implicit. You don't have to spell it out for the public. Especially on a gaming forum. Do yourself a favor, and stay away for a while. Your brain can't handle anymore. All your posts are just the ramblings of the bum on the street corner. Your type is all too common nowadays. Enjoy your welfare.

Yo who are you??? lol. Why you riding my (fill it in) if you don't like my postings then don't read it. Simple as that buddy. Just keep to yourself and stay a tough guy behind a computer lol. Also stop keeping your head in the clouds you probally never even seen a bum before and got no clue what your talkin about. Internet was made for people like you cuz if you stepped out of that world you get slapped back in place.
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#32 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

[QUOTE="leeandziggy"]

EvilSelf

Install games on the Hard Drive...or play loud music..Both work:D

Yeh, installing games makes the console heaps quieter. But yeh, other then that there's not much you can do.
leeandziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 leeandziggy

So the DVD drive is mainy at fault yes, but even then it will still be a little noisy. If I were to place the fan with a silent one and run the games from the hard drive that should completely cure it yes?...or are there any other components causing noise in there?...

Superkhanz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 Superkhanz
Member since 2010 • 143 Posts

Get a Xbox 360 Slim. Or if you don't have the money, just play on high volume and you will ignore the sound coming from the Xbox and enjoy explosions in the game you are playing.

Williambuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Williambuzz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Its weird that my 360 is always quiet while others complaining that theirs is loud. :lol: I'm not being a troll but im just saying.8)

Stevo7991

Some people may have bigger ears than you, or you have more wax built up in your ears than others.

Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Stevo7991

[QUOTE="Stevo7991"]

Williambuzz

Some people may have bigger ears than you, or you have more wax built up in your ears than others.

Funny expression, but I don't really get the sound, although I hear it whenever a game loads though but its not that loud and afterwards I dont hear it, I'm just saying. I have a premium btw.
pompeyfan94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pompeyfan94
Member since 2010 • 93 Posts

buy the slim man

Augi247
i got the slim and i got pair of massive headsets for my xbox and i can still hear a BRAND NEW xbox slim through my headset! wtf??? is that normal?
leeandziggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 leeandziggy

Get a Xbox 360 Slim. Or if you don't have the money, just play on high volume and you will ignore the sound coming from the Xbox and enjoy explosions in the game you are playing.

Superkhanz

I'd love to, that would be a very easy option and I have a cracking surround sound set up but I tend to play games late at night and the neighbours don't like to be awakened by napalm and blood curling screams, funny people I know.

I hate wearing headsets late at night, I get paranoid when I can't hear things going on around me, I blame it on having a rough childhood and all the Criminal Minds episodes!. It's like the song says, "I always feeel like, sombodys watching me!....), gotta go have a listen to that now!.