How to make shure your Xbox 360 newer gets red ring of death or owerheat

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mined0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mined0ne
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hello. Today I gonna teach you how to make your xbox newer owerheat (red ring)

I upgraded a ventilators to my xbox 360 elite and it works 100%

If you know any services in your town go make it.

http://explodingrobot.com/ArticleImages/7219_large.jpg

garnerr3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 garnerr3
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I really hope you're kidding. Everyone know the InterCooler products in the past have CAUSED the rrod in the past. Color it black, call it the "plus" model, and charge an extra $10 bucks for it. Talk to us in a year or two when your Xbox stops working due to the product. DO NOT USE THE INTERCOOLER CRAP!!! Take it off now if you have half a brain. If Microsoft thought the Xbox needed fans on top of where the fans inside are pulling from (the vents for fresh air, not a product that causes heat to pump hot air in the system), they would have made fans there.

/rant

Just coming from a guy who has a friend that killed 3 Xboxes with the InterCooler. I'm still on my original one from 3 years ago. Good luck if you keep it on there.

sinlesswolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sinlesswolf
Member since 2006 • 1382 Posts

I really hope you're kidding. Everyone know the InterCooler products in the past have CAUSED the rrod in the past. Color it black, call it the "plus" model, and charge an extra $10 bucks for it. Talk to us in a year or two when your Xbox stops working due to the product. DO NOT USE THE INTERCOOLER CRAP!!! Take it off now if you have half a brain. If Microsoft thought the Xbox needed fans on top of where the fans inside are pulling from (the vents for fresh air, not a product that causes heat to pump hot air in the system), they would have made fans there.

/rant

Just coming from a guy who has a friend that killed 3 Xboxes with the InterCooler. I'm still on my original one from 3 years ago. Good luck if you keep it on there.

garnerr3

Man.. It's a good thing i saw this. thanks dude. you just saved me my money and my 360.

Hawkeye747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hawkeye747
Member since 2008 • 636 Posts

Yeah I had a lot of problems and noises from my Xbox when I had an Intercooler and when I took it off, it was fine again so I will never use one again. I have to say that I know one person that has an original realease date console that he put an Intercooler on very early and has never had a problem with it so I can only assume that the actual Intercooler units are very very unreliable.

When they work, they work but because I know of so many people that have had problems with them, they just fail far too often IMO.

romans828_2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 romans828_2002
Member since 2003 • 1108 Posts
Joke thread. Nothing to see here.
garnerr3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 garnerr3
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

No prob, save your money for sure though....

http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/27/nyko-intercooler-scorches-xbox-360-consoles/

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/86249/nyko-addresses-xbox-360-intercooler-problems/

jarvis008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 jarvis008
Member since 2008 • 518 Posts

I had a Nyko Intercooler which I used for about a year, it did actually keep my 360 very cool(although it was very loud). After about a year my 360 got RRoD, at this point I read that intercoolers can actually cause RRoD because they draw power away from the console. Whether the intercooler was the cause of the RRoD or whether it would have happened anyway I don't know but I no longer use it.

Now that I install all games to my HDD the console runs much cooler anyway.

Avatar image for bigballedbaxter
bigballedbaxter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bigballedbaxter
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
Intercoolers are so bad that if MS finds out you had one on they'll tell you your warranty is voided. That's why you should buy extended warranties. They don't care what's wrong as long as you buy another one.
CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts
Shure? Music and sound equipment? Take over the production of the consoles. I can see where this is going. Insightful.
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

There is no way to make sure.

It can happen to anyone regardless of how well they look after their system.

xobballox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xobballox
Member since 2008 • 484 Posts
EX model = BAAAD. TS = GOOOD, I've used the TS model after not having one, my Xbox can run for 4 hours and still be cool. The reason why one is bad and one is not is because the TS has it's own power source, and doesn't take power directly from the 360. This is definitely not a fool proof way to stop RRoD though.
xobballox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xobballox
Member since 2008 • 484 Posts
EX model = BAAAD. TS = GOOOD, I've used the TS model after not having one, my Xbox can run for 4 hours and still be cool. The reason why one is bad and one is not is because the TS has it's own power source, and doesn't take power directly from the 360. This is definitely not a fool proof way to stop RRoD though.xobballox
(This is with a Xphyr chipset, however you spell it) It's been running for two years now.
Lukers777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Lukers777
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

well I unfrotunatly got the ring of death so heres a few tips:

1. ALWAYS check your warrenty because if you get the ring of death within the warrenty it won't cost a dime!

2. try keeping your xbox360's back againt a window and open the window when playing this keeps the components cooled.

3. If you are really nervous and have tiled flooring then I suggest you putting it on the tiled floor because it gets cold and like above cools it down!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#14 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Hello. Today I gonna teach you how to make your xbox newer owerheat (red ring)

I upgraded a ventilators to my xbox 360 elite and it works 100%

If you know any services in your town go make it.

http://explodingrobot.com/ArticleImages/7219_large.jpg

mined0ne

Dude...your intentions are appreciated "BUT" there is no way to safe-proof a console...other then minimizing the dust around it and keeping it well ventilated. Ive had my 360 since "06" and it has been working fine...no repairs no problems.

mined0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mined0ne
well i moded my inter cooler and it works faster than b4
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
inter coolers are a waist of money imo. i don't see a point in getting one as it has a fan already in the back of the console.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I'll need to post a pic soon but I'll describe my 360 setup that keeps my system cool regardless of play time.

I have my 360 horizontal but I have it propped up about 4-5 inches on each corner of the 360. I have about a 12 inch gap from the wall so the back of the xbox can breathe.

I feel the xbox all around when I'm done playing and its surprisingly cool.

Moral of the story: go horizontal and prop it up off the table. :D

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

LMAO @ this thread. Do you really feel all these precautions are necessary? Sounds to me like a faulty product. In all honesty if your lucky enough to make it past your warranty period or don't care about your warranty then this is your best bet

http://www.maxconsole.net/?mode=news&newsid=8314

Put one in my launch core unit which still works today RROD free.

warrior95122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 warrior95122
Member since 2006 • 38 Posts

Intercooler Is A Waste, Case And Point My Nephew Always Used To Rub It In My Face That He Got All The New Stuff ex. Intercooler Then He Put It On. Am I Gonna Get The Last Laugh Yeah I Didi Because For Some Odd Reason The Intercooler MELTED On The 360. He Was Crying For Days And His Warranty Expired About Two Months Back. Im Telling This So You Guys Stay AWAY From The Intercoolers.

By The Way= For The People Saying There Is No Way To Avoid It, That Only Pertains To The Consoles In The Past. The Newer Modoles Have Will Rarely If Never Get The RRo. Mines Been Working Since 06' And I Keep It Cramped Up In A Corner (Yes I Know It's Bad Yet I Have No Space In My Room).

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
somon cant spll
mined0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mined0ne
well my bro didn't upgraded he yust keep his xbox on portable fridge....
paulguiang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 paulguiang
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
why do you still use the Intercooler EX? there are cases where the EX caused more harm than good to the 360. some of them even encountered the RRoD while using the EX. there is a new Intercooler called the TS. it has a temperature sensor that automatically fires up when the 360 reaches a certain temp. it also remains turned on after you shut down the unit. i am using the TS at first but i found out that when it's not turned on the Intercooler TS just blocks the hot air coming out of the box. i'm not using the TS anymore.
ShadowsRunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ShadowsRunner
Member since 2006 • 742 Posts

Don't use the stupid cooler. In fact, this is how I take care of my xbox 360.

1)keep the area or the room where you put your xbox 360 ventilated and cool.

2)Clean the area where you put your xbox 360 so it's dirt-free and clean you xbox 360 as well.

3) don't put your xbox 360 in tight places. Prefer that you put it in open space and in high area as well. Don't put it on the floor

4) and since NXE feature is here. You should install the game and play it from your HDD so the xbox 360 won't have to put too much pressure playing the game (meaning the the performance will be spreaded out more).

5) Put something (small pieces of paper or something) under the four corners of your xbox 360 to gain more air-flow.

That's just me though. Maybe other people have brighter ideas but my xbox 360 has been running strong since.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#24 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Please use the stickied Broken 360 thread. Thanks!