how to cancel auto renewal on xbox live?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BourneEnemy01
Member since 2009 • 705 Posts

topic

istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#2 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6990 Posts
Call them up or buy prepaid cards
BourneEnemy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BourneEnemy01
Member since 2009 • 705 Posts

Call them up or buy prepaid cardsistuffedsunny
thanks just did sucks you cant do it online but whatever

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
Ya, I was pissed when you can't do it online. They even have the option but they won't let you. Just a little ploy to scam extra money..
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
Ya, I was pissed when you can't do it online. They even have the option but they won't let you. Just a little ploy to scam extra money..Warablo13
If people were to look on the website you would all find there is infact the option to turn off auto renewal, go to your account management, its there I did it just last week to avoid paying another year
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#6 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
[QUOTE="Warablo13"]Ya, I was pissed when you can't do it online. They even have the option but they won't let you. Just a little ploy to scam extra money..penpusher
If people were to look on the website you would all find there is infact the option to turn off auto renewal, go to your account management, its there I did it just last week to avoid paying another year

Yeah there is option available to turn on or off on Xbox.com now. This wasn't always available, previously you had to call to get it done, however after years of customers complaining they finally fixed it. Should have been in place to begin with.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 penpusher
[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="Warablo13"]Ya, I was pissed when you can't do it online. They even have the option but they won't let you. Just a little ploy to scam extra money..shawn7324

Yeah there is option available to turn on or off on Xbox.com now. This wasn't always available, previously you had to call to get it done, however after years of customers complaining they finally fixed it. Should have been in place to begin with.

actually nearer to 1 year than many ...
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shawn7324
[QUOTE="penpusher"][QUOTE="shawn7324"][QUOTE="penpusher"] If people were to look on the website you would all find there is infact the option to turn off auto renewal, go to your account management, its there I did it just last week to avoid paying another year

actually nearer to 1 year than many ...

OK man my bad for saying years & not year. Not sure where you got many at? Either way it should have been in place to begin with & your correction was really pointless.
Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Last time I checked, the option is indeed online, although MS made it hard to find.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shawn7324
Last time I checked, the option is indeed online, although MS made it hard to find.Elraptor
Yeah just another attempt by MS to sneak in a screw people over.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Dont even get me started.

Few months back, decided not to renew my account, thought it would do it automatically. It didnt, so then the month or so went past and i decided to cancel it and they said i needed to pay for the month extra i had. So i told them to go **** themselves and put the phone down. Then after a few months of not being able to get gold, they caved in and now i can buy gold again.

I BEAT THE SYSTEM!!!! YEAH!!!

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
You guys are wrong about being able to cancel it online. Trust me I tried twice with different cards.. It will just keep saying it can't cancel the payment option at this time..
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 penpusher
You guys are wrong about being able to cancel it online. Trust me I tried twice with different cards.. It will just keep saying it can't cancel the payment option at this time.. Warablo13
i beg to differ
SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SilverSignal
Member since 2011 • 551 Posts
You guys are wrong about being able to cancel it online. Trust me I tried twice with different cards.. It will just keep saying it can't cancel the payment option at this time.. Warablo13
Then maybe it's a problem with the website, but you CAN cancel it online now. I've done it before and I'll be doing it again soon.
istuffedsunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#15 istuffedsunny
Member since 2008 • 6990 Posts
From what I've read online cancellation used to work but they broke it because too many people were cancelling lol
SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SilverSignal

From what I've read online cancellation used to work but they broke it because too many people were cancelling lolistuffedsunny

Hmm well that's odd because...

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
I think there's a difference between cancelling your current subscription and just turning off the auto-renewal. The TC was asking about the latter.
Profilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Profilia  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 2226 Posts
Whether or not you see the option to turn off automatic renewal online depends entirely upon whether or not there is a law in your country/state that makes it mandatory for companies to provide a way to cancel services. If there is no law stopping them from hiding it, then you won't see the link to turn it off. The way to get around it is by changing your address to a place that does require the link to be shown.
SilverSignal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SilverSignal
[QUOTE="Warablo13"]You guys are wrong about being able to cancel it online. Trust me I tried twice with different cards.. It will just keep saying it can't cancel the payment option at this time.. Elraptor
I think there's a difference between cancelling your current subscription and just turning off the auto-renewal. The TC was asking about the latter.

Doesn't cancelling auto-renewal do just that? It lets the subscription run out and cancels your Gold membership.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10110 Posts
I agree stupid that you can't do it online, I can sign up online, but can't cancel it online, stupid imo, that's why I stick with cards now.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 penpusher
I agree stupid that you can't do it online, I can sign up online, but can't cancel it online, stupid imo, that's why I stick with cards now.wizdom
did you not read the rest of the posts? ... you can