How the 360 could succeed in Japan

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts

They should create an arcade version of Geometry Wars and Geometry Wars 2 and release it in Japan. I believe that in Japan, shooter games are pretty popular. If they got them digging on those either of those games, then I bet the 360 would sell a heck of a lot better.

ZOnikJJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ZOnikJJ
Member since 2007 • 1135 Posts
That would just help our arcades, not the Xbox 360.
Mr_Burps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mr_Burps
Member since 2007 • 971 Posts

shooters arent very popular in japan

gonzales1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gonzales1
Member since 2003 • 2591 Posts
For the 360 to succeed in Japan more generic cliche JRPGs would have to be developed. Also if a Dragon Quest game shows up then they would eat it like hotcakes.
Zcrimson07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Zcrimson07
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
the only way they would sell in japan is if they were decorated like hello kitty and/or made by a japanese company
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts
the only way they would sell in japan is if they were decorated like hello kitty and/or made by a japanese companyZcrimson07
yeah and remake hello kitty roller rescue, man that game was mad i jumped off a tree 1 inch of the ground and she died:P
MastaP110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MastaP110
Member since 2004 • 230 Posts
Just have Microsoft pay big name Japanese developers to develop exclusive games for this console and they will purchase a 360
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#9 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Nothing I have ever read from people that should know a lot more about why the 360 doesn't sell in Japan then people who have never even been there before, confirms what you all say. The reason the 360 doesn't sell has nothing to do with it being an American product or with JRPGs. American products sell and if a lack of JRPGs was the reason the 360 wasn't selling well then it would make little sense for the PS3 and Wii to be selling.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
i think that the only way MS can succeed now is if Nintendo made games for the system. lol... I hear that Japanese gamers don't really enjoy playing online as much as the other major countries...
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
wow thats a really really bad idea. how would a xbox live arcade game be a system seller,. you mustnt know much about games. 360 aint going to take over in japan and thats a fact
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

shooters arent very popular in japan

Mr_Burps

Oh my.......

Shooters are probably the most popular games in Japan.

The genre is loved by their ability to be quickly picked up and played but also mastered.

Adding more retail (brick and mortar) shooters to the 360's lineup would help things. The hard part is that it's difficult to make a great shooter that doesn't feel like everything else.

Lanezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lanezy
Member since 2004 • 2438 Posts
In order for it to succeed, they would have to change the stigma in every Japanese consumer's mind about American products and technology. And I don't think a Japanese version of Geometry Wars or all the JRPGs are going to change that.
Fumpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fumpa
Member since 2003 • 3307 Posts

wow thats a really really bad idea. how would a xbox live arcade game be a system seller,. you mustnt know much about games. 360 aint going to take over in japan and thats a factdjrobst

I still think its an okay idea, and it doesn't seem like it be too hefty of an investment for MS.

And someone else pointed out that Japanese don't like shooters. I thought that they did, but if they don't, some other arcade game release that is exclusive to the 360 would be good. Arcades are strong in Japan (I'm pretty sure) so it's a great place to introduce the game and hopefully get people to like it.

This is an excerpt from a Gamespot article from last year about the arcades in Japan.

Japanese arcades are a growing and vibrant industry. Last year alone, he noted, the Japanese arcade industry pulled in $7.5 billion, which is more than half of the US's total aggregate revenues in the gaming business. Nearly 40 percent of the Japanese gaming market revenues are from arcades, as opposed to a fraction of a percent in the US. Tochen also stated that a single play in a Japanese arcade is typically 100 yen ($0.86), with the more complex or involved games scaling up to around 200 yen ($1.72).

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6177668.html

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

Make a lot of Anime based games

haha