how much money would i get if i traded in.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Messiah206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Messiah206
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

-Def Jam icon

-SVR 08

-Splinter Cell Double Agent

-Madden 08

-Kameo

-SVR 07

-Rainbow Six Vegas (number 1)

-Mass Effect

-Ridge Racer

Mariofreak1216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Mariofreak1216
Member since 2004 • 1034 Posts
About 1/8 as much money you would get if you used eBay.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
Not a lot, the most you'll get is probably 25-30 for Mass Effect and less than that for everything else.
ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
That's $540 worth of games; that being said, you probably would get right at $60 or less and that is unacceptable.
zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts
I am sure you would get a lot more if you sold them on amazon.com
LeviLRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LeviLRP
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts

That's $540 worth of games; that being said, you probably would get right at $60 or less and that is unacceptable.ck02623

Why is it unacceptable to get money back? If you have already payed the money how can you get ripped off from some one buying the game?

ray03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ray03
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="ck02623"]That's $540 worth of games; that being said, you probably would get right at $60 or less and that is unacceptable.LeviLRP

Why is it unacceptable to get money back? If you have already payed the money how can you get ripped off from some one buying the game?

well..because there is a huge deficit between the amount you paid for the game and the amount you recieve when you sell it. Most games that are given back to eb or other video game outlets are put back on ths(e shelves and cost three times more than what they gave you.

Selling on eBay or Amazon is a way better idea

LeviLRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LeviLRP
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts
[QUOTE="LeviLRP"]

[QUOTE="ck02623"]That's $540 worth of games; that being said, you probably would get right at $60 or less and that is unacceptable.ray03

well..because there is a huge deficit between the amount you paid for the game and the amount you recieve when you sell it. Most games that are given back to eb or other video game outlets are put back on ths(e shelves and cost three times more than what they gave you.

Regardless of what they do with it after they buy it from you, you are still not losing any money as you cannot lose money you have already spent. You can earn more money as long as you are willing to wait for it, but some don't want to.

Also the fact that they sell it for more than they buy the game for is a good business tactic.

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts
go to the store and find out
PS2Dude89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 PS2Dude89
Member since 2004 • 1747 Posts
I doubt you will get very much for them, definitly not what they are worth. If you are gonna sell them for sure though I would definitly go through Amazon or Ebay because its almost sure that you will make more money that way.
EclipseStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EclipseStorm
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts
I completely agree with whoever said that you should sell on Amazon/eBay. You can make more from one of those two places than you can if you trade-in at EB games or Gamestop. They completely rip you off and will sell your game for almost 3 times as much as they give you for the trade-in.
thrasher2280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thrasher2280
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
if you dont want to go online and stuff. Trade into blockbuster they will give you a minium of 15 bucks for any 360/ps3 games... so that would be the best deal you get without selling online.. You probably get less for games like kameo online
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts
[QUOTE="ray03"][QUOTE="LeviLRP"]

[QUOTE="ck02623"]That's $540 worth of games; that being said, you probably would get right at $60 or less and that is unacceptable.LeviLRP

Regardless of what they do with it after they buy it from you, you are still not losing any money as you cannot lose money you have already spent. You can earn more money as long as you are willing to wait for it, but some don't want to.

Also the fact that they sell it for more than they buy the game for is a good business tactic.

You can get ripped off when your selling something you once bought. I could sell my house if someone offers 1 euro but its worth a lot more (not that much more but stil). Same with these stores, they buy games far below the price that they stil are worth. There are far better ways to sell it for far more money, so its unacceptable to sell it for that price. But if you think its acceptable then do so but its not something I would advice the TC.

joey101010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 joey101010
Member since 2003 • 7521 Posts
Sell on ebay or amazon, like some others said.
Balorade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Balorade
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Yeah, there's a huge deficit. Just ask yourself "Did I get $540 (or close to) of fun out of these?"

That's really what you pay for anyway- you shouldn't buy games or other leisure items as an investment. I use half.com myself (I'm a bitter ex-gamestop employee), but still, there is the compensation of having played them.

Just don't do what I do and sell games you aren't done with. You'll regret it. :(

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#16 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Dude, keep the games...or sell them to me. I'll pay more then EB games or Gamestop will.
bunyip94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 bunyip94
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts
about $100-$70