How many of you live on campus and play XBL?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrackThaRipper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 CrackThaRipper
Member since 2007 • 603 Posts

I ask this cuz I plan on going to college and living in residence, Im concerned though because I have about 10 months left on my XBL account but if I live in residence, will they provide me with a computer or internet? How long would it be before I can begin to afford that? I could lose alot of my XBL time.

Theres Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 coming out I need to play those online!

What should I do? 

lotr_2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 lotr_2003
Member since 2003 • 2096 Posts
Residences don't give you computers for free, you have to bring your own computer. As for internet connection, they should offer you high speed...although the connection might not let you connect to Live, just make sure that you call your internet service provider once you move in, and they should fix the issue!
Napalmhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Napalmhead
Member since 2005 • 184 Posts
FSU will not allow video game systems on their network.  It is slow anyway, but if they catch you they will fine you.
musclesforcier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 musclesforcier
Member since 2004 • 2894 Posts
I played in my dorm last year, but they capped the bandwidth so it can get laggy at times. The should be an ethernet jack in your room that you can just connect your xbox to.
musclesforcier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 musclesforcier
Member since 2004 • 2894 Posts
But I would just contact your school and ask because every school is different.
rogue48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogue48
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts
my school they allow you to, but you have to contact the technology department and give them your 360's mac address.  No lag or anything either.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I ask this cuz I plan on going to college and living in residence, Im concerned though because I have about 10 months left on my XBL account but if I live in residence, will they provide me with a computer or internet? How long would it be before I can begin to afford that? I could lose alot of my XBL time.

Theres Halo 3 and Gears of War 2 coming out I need to play those online!

What should I do?

CrackThaRipper
I lived in a dorm for 4 years, played XBL while there for the last two of those. You will probably get internet access, but the firewall may prevent you from getting on live.
Speedrcer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Speedrcer05
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts
At Ohio University its free. Just hook your ethernet cable into the wall and its cool. They give you a computer too, but it sucks really bad, so everyone gets them taken out. My roommate and I both have laptops so its not that big a deal.
Maidendude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maidendude
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts
But I would just contact your school and ask because every school is different.musclesforcier
I can Imagine that phone call. "Hi PhillyU, I was wondering if I can hook my Xbox online in you dorms so I can play my games over the internet instead of doing my work?" I would call but I would feel like such a tool doing it.
rond5566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 rond5566
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts
University of Delaware doesn't care about video game systems.  They also don't care about the 10 gigs for shareware I go through everyday as well