How many of u.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blazingneo32089
blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 blazingneo32089
Member since 2009 • 630 Posts
Have Gamefly? Should I try it?
LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

I've heard positive things about it if you don't mind the price.

I found a service that does DvDs AND games, but it was really terrible. The selection was small and it would take 3 weeks for something to come in. Never heard anything like that about Gamefly though.

SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SgtNumNum
Member since 2008 • 1172 Posts

I just rejoined gamefly about a month ago. Its good but their shipping of games are slow, but besides that its a really good service.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
I am thinking about doing it also
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I had it for about 8 months and it was GREAT! I only got rid of it because money was a bit tight. I would suggest doing the 2 games out at a time so you can always have one when you are waiting for another one. Oh, and make sure that when a new game comes out that you want to rent, that you have it as the only game on your queue and make sure and have one game returned. If you don't, you won't be able to get that game for a long time! Trust me on that one!

TheHallWay86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheHallWay86
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts

I just got it. Heard its pretty good though.

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

I've had it for 3 months now. The shipping is always fast, it usually only takes one day from their shipping date to get to me and shipping games back is just as fast. The only problem is that it's very hard getting any of the newer releases. Ghostbusters just became High availability of shipping about a week ago and that game has been out for a few months. I can't imagine how long it would take to get a copy of ODST.

GoreObsessed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 GoreObsessed
Member since 2004 • 8883 Posts
Ive been wanting to get it but I'm currently unemployed.. So no Gamefly for me. :P
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Gamefly can be really good or really crappy. When I first signed on with them they were just shipping from LA so game turn around usually took about 6-8 days. It was ok I live on the other side of the country. I stopped them for awhile and when I went back they opened up a shipping center in Pittsburgh. It was great turn around took about 4 days. About a year ago they switched me to Tampa and now the turn arounds were at 8-12 days. Most of the time they would acknowledge that a disc was returned and it would take 2-3 days for them to ship out a new one.

Their Customer Service really does suck. It's like they could care less that you are writing to complain about something. It always has been lousy. I dropped them like 3 months ago and use Gamerang now. They have been great since day one. Fast shipping, almost always get the top choice in my choice list, and the prices are about the same. Either way I would go with at least 2 discs out at a time. 6-12 days is along time to wait for a new game to come when you have nothing else to play.

Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I have two friends who have it and they live in the same area. One it takes about 2-4days to get a game. The other it takes 1 &1/2week+. =-(

Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts
I had it...shipping was slow, sometimes it would take 3 days or even a few days to tell me that the game was out and that they were sending a different game on the list... Honestly not worth the $25 a month....Its much better to rent 2 games at Blockbuster for $15 and keep them for a month
Liquid-Science

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Liquid-Science
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]I had it...shipping was slow, sometimes it would take 3 days or even a few days to tell me that the game was out and that they were sending a different game on the list... Honestly not worth the $25 a month....Its much better to rent 2 games at Blockbuster for $15 and keep them for a month

jeesh what blockbuster are you talking about...>_>
KittenNipples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KittenNipples
Member since 2007 • 3013 Posts

Nope, How much is it anyway?

Avatar image for deadly_shuriken
deadly_shuriken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deadly_shuriken
Member since 2009 • 1086 Posts
[QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]I had it...shipping was slow, sometimes it would take 3 days or even a few days to tell me that the game was out and that they were sending a different game on the list... Honestly not worth the $25 a month....Its much better to rent 2 games at Blockbuster for $15 and keep them for a monthLiquid-Science

What do you mean? All blockbusters right now have the 2 for $15 deal...and since they have no late fees, you can keep the games for a month and when you return them they only charge you like $1.25 each restocking fee....pretty good deal IMO
Avatar image for creeping-deth87
creeping-deth87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 creeping-deth87
Member since 2008 • 787 Posts
[QUOTE="Liquid-Science"][QUOTE="deadly_shuriken"]I had it...shipping was slow, sometimes it would take 3 days or even a few days to tell me that the game was out and that they were sending a different game on the list... Honestly not worth the $25 a month....Its much better to rent 2 games at Blockbuster for $15 and keep them for a monthdeadly_shuriken

What do you mean? All blockbusters right now have the 2 for $15 deal...and since they have no late fees, you can keep the games for a month and when you return them they only charge you like $1.25 each restocking fee....pretty good deal IMO

I don't know about U.S. Blockbusters, but Canadian Blockbusters have long since done away with the 2 for $15 deal. Late fees have been reinstated too, it's a dollar a day each day that a game is late.
CGT37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CGT37
Member since 2009 • 55 Posts

Ive heard good things mostly. My friend loves it but he is more of a gamer than me. He says it is hard to get newer games and you have to wait awhile, thats why I wont get it

skeeter1255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 skeeter1255
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

I had it for a while, my problem is that its not as fast as netflix.

I ship out a game and takes like 3 or more days for another.

Netflix is 2 days exactly

but still for $15.00 a month you play alot of games.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Really wish Netflix would start to rent games. Gamefly needs some serious competition to get their heads out of their butts.

SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SgtNumNum

Really wish Netflix would start to rent games. Gamefly needs some serious competition to get their heads out of their butts.

coasterguy65

Yeah your right Gamefly does need some competition. As u stated i wish Netflix would start rent games out also.Netflix are so fast on shipping and the customer service is good. Gamefly does need to do something aboutthey way they ship games cause they are really really slow.

blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blazingneo32089
I just thought of something. If I have a rented game, and I want to buy it, will my next game be sent to me?
SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SgtNumNum

I just thought of something. If I have a rented game, and I want to buy it, will my next game be sent to me?blazingneo32089

Yes they will ship out your next game as well as your case and manual u bought the game for.

blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blazingneo32089

[QUOTE="blazingneo32089"]I just thought of something. If I have a rented game, and I want to buy it, will my next game be sent to me?SgtNumNum

Yes they will ship out your next game as well as your case and manual u bought the game for.

Okay so I really want to do it now but I don't have a credit card and my dad will really not want to pay for it. He would make up an excuse like saying, "u gonna pay the monthly fee even when ur not renting"! So I don't think he'll be willing to pay the monthly fee and lets say one day I want to keep the game and he'll have to pay the price for buying even if its cheaper than buying a new game at a local store. So its two problems I have. My dad and money.
Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
It's not available in Canada yet, so can't say I've tried it.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
eh if you have a blockbuster get a pass there, you can get blurays, and games or dvds
SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SgtNumNum

[QUOTE="SgtNumNum"]

[QUOTE="blazingneo32089"]I just thought of something. If I have a rented game, and I want to buy it, will my next game be sent to me?blazingneo32089

Okay so I really want to do it now but I don't have a credit card and my dad will really not want to pay for it. He would make up an excuse like saying, "u gonna pay the monthly fee even when ur not renting"! So I don't think he'll be willing to pay the monthly fee and lets say one day I want to keep the game and he'll have to pay the price for buying even if its cheaper than buying a new game at a local store. So its two problems I have. My dad and money.

Yeah thats a problem for sure.

DaveyBoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 DaveyBoy123
Member since 2004 • 2216 Posts
Have Gamefly? Should I try it?blazingneo32089
its a cool idea, but i dont like having to wait for the mail to come, so i just got the MVP thing at Hollywood Video. Same as game fly (cept for having delivered and sometimes the games i want are out of stock) but i can get there and back in 30 minutes, not 3 days
blazingneo32089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blazingneo32089
eh if you have a blockbuster get a pass there, you can get blurays, and games or dvdsxfactor19990
Its funny but there used to be 2 Blockbusters around where I live and they both closed about a year ago. Its sad really. I would've been renting games and blu-ray movies. I almost was gonna buy a blu-ray player.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#28 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I hear it's good. you can also buy it from there, too.
d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 d4v1dbow13
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

I can honestly say good things about gamefly.

I have the 2 game plan and it is only $22 a month. U sually takes 2-3 day shipping but if you can wait its the best deal around for palying alot of games.

d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 d4v1dbow13
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

[QUOTE="blazingneo32089"]Have Gamefly? Should I try it?DaveyBoy123
its a cool idea, but i dont like having to wait for the mail to come, so i just got the MVP thing at Hollywood Video. Same as game fly (cept for having delivered and sometimes the games i want are out of stock) but i can get there and back in 30 minutes, not 3 days

The problem with video stores is they have a VERY limeted selection on games. I think Gamefly has over !0,000 titles available.