how long will the cerebus network be available to new gamers

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chit0wn_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chit0wn_23
Member since 2008 • 58 Posts

lets say i get ME2 in May, will I still be able to join it and get all the free content?

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

If you get a new ME2, then you'll get it for free. If not, I think it's 1200 MSP. It'll still be around.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
If you buy used, you have to pay for Cerberus network. Buy a new copy, the game is worth the money.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

yeah i think they are doing that forever i didnt hear anything about it being a limited time only thing. As long as you buy a brand new copy you should get a code and its already worth it since there a ton of free dlc up and more coming on the way for free.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

i believe its on going deal as long as it's new.

Studio's are starting to do this to complete with the used game business. Because they dont get any of that money from use games sold in stores or from others online.

I'm afraid it will get to a point where you get a code and it will be a one in life time code or something on that line

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gen007

Studio's are starting to do this to complete with the used game business. Because they dont get any of that money from use games sold in stores or from others online.

I'm afraid it will get to a point where you get a code and it will be a one in life time code or something on that line

k2theswiss

well really so far only EA has been doing it and it suks because i save alot of money on used games.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

Gen007

well really so far only EA has been doing it and it suks because i save alot of money on used games.

same love ebay

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

Gen007

I agree to some extent. I like to see the devs get more money for their work on the games I will buy new. But I do like to get the games I'm not super interested in for the cheap... Honestly though, with those games I don't really care for all the additional DLC anyhow though so I still plan on using the used market as a good way to get the games I just want to try. I do like project $10 though (this is what EA calls this new DLC model of giving it free to new purchasers) as it give me more free content for the games I already will pay full price for.
bALTHar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bALTHar86
Member since 2008 • 567 Posts

I think the cerberus network rocks and I hope EA follow suit in other games.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 k2theswiss

bALTHar86

FOR WHAT????

lol how they do advertising? (you buy the game new we give you free bla bla bla)... lol first you can't patent a way someone chose do do their advertising.

Two this one is lovely in my opinion about you! this type of advertising has been longer then you thing EA wasn't the first to do this to a product. you see all those commercials on T.V? same advertising

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Cerberus network isn't going anywhere, EA may have struck gold with this idea. Like an above poster said, I expect to see other publishers use this model. By making DLC exclusive to an overall package, people have to give a publisher money even if they bought used. The more they add to it, the more people will be inclined to get it, the more people will just opt for the new copy, but even if they don't, they still get revenue. A well executed move from EA.
Avatar image for Shadowalker1191
Shadowalker1191

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shadowalker1191
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
Should be free aslong as the game is made new. After the game goes out of print you may have to buy it of XB Live.
bALTHar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bALTHar86
Member since 2008 • 567 Posts

[QUOTE="bALTHar86"]

k2theswiss

FOR WHAT????

lol how they do advertising? (you buy the game new we give you free bla bla bla)... lol first you can't patent a way someone chose do do their advertising.

Two this one is lovely in my opinion about you! this type of advertising has been longer then you thing EA wasn't the first to do this to a product. you see all those commercials on T.V? same advertising

I never said EA was first to offer free content or talked about patent. I'd rather have a company provide me with DLC free than charge me for content that could not be worth it (Assassin's Creed 2 DLC, Dragon Age DLC, Saints Row 2 DLC). And I would like to see EA follow suit by offering free DLC with future titles like Crysis2, Dead Space2 & skate3.

OK????

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gen007

[QUOTE="Gen007"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"]

raahsnavj

I agree to some extent. I like to see the devs get more money for their work on the games I will buy new. But I do like to get the games I'm not super interested in for the cheap... Honestly though, with those games I don't really care for all the additional DLC anyhow though so I still plan on using the used market as a good way to get the games I just want to try. I do like project $10 though (this is what EA calls this new DLC model of giving it free to new purchasers) as it give me more free content for the games I already will pay full price for.

well i like to see devs get money too but in this economy i gotta save. good games are gonna sell well they really dont have to screw over people that buy used. My lastest deal was Dragon Age used for 20 buks off ebay and i got it in like new condition luckily the free dlc insert was unused so it was a steal. In the end though i would have skipped dragon age if i had to pay for it new so who am i really hurting.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

well i like to see devs get money too but in this economy i gotta save. good games are gonna sell well they really dont have to screw over people that buy used. My lastest deal was Dragon Age used for 20 buks off ebay and i got it in like new condition luckily the free dlc insert was unused so it was a steal. In the end though i would have skipped dragon age if i had to pay for it new so who am i really hurting.

Gen007
Your hurting you and you alone. That's the genius of the move. Look at it like this, if you skip the game, they don't get your money, if you buy it used, they don't get your money. So you skipping it, if you cant buy used, makes no difference at all to them. But if you do buy used, you will end up missing out on who knows how much content, so far an entire squad mate to use, his loyalty mission, another mission, the little things like armor and a gun and then 5 more missions with this upcoming pack. In the end you could end up missing out on alot of content, unless you give them some money, either by buying new or buying the Cerberus network. Its a good plan, and if everybody does it, it will put a dent in the used game market.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gen007

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

Sepewrath

Your hurting you and you alone. That's the genius of the move. Look at it like this, if you skip the game, they don't get your money, if you buy it used, they don't get your money. So you skipping it, if you cant buy used, makes no difference at all to them. But if you do buy used, you will end up missing out on who knows how much content, so far an entire squad mate to use, his loyalty mission, another mission, the little things like armor and a gun and then 5 more missions with this upcoming pack. In the end you could end up missing out on alot of content, unless you give them some money, either by buying new or buying the Cerberus network. Its a good plan, and if everybody does it, it will put a dent in the used game market.

well im not even hurting even me. The last few games ive bought used have come with the launch dlc and were used you can find plenty of copies with unused dlc on ebay.

Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"][QUOTE="Gen007"]

Gen007

In this economy? If you are so worried about money then why the f*** (it didn't feel right to type this sentence without it) are you buying video games. Please tell me you are not one of those people that complains about how little money they have while buying fast food every day. Buying video games should not be priority if you are worried about money.
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gen007

[QUOTE="Gen007"]

[QUOTE="raahsnavj"] I agree to some extent. I like to see the devs get more money for their work on the games I will buy new. But I do like to get the games I'm not super interested in for the cheap... Honestly though, with those games I don't really care for all the additional DLC anyhow though so I still plan on using the used market as a good way to get the games I just want to try. I do like project $10 though (this is what EA calls this new DLC model of giving it free to new purchasers) as it give me more free content for the games I already will pay full price for.Agent_Kaliaver

In this economy? If you are so worried about money then why the f*** (it didn't feel right to type this sentence without it) are you buying video games. Please tell me you are not one of those people that complains about how little money they have while buying fast food every day. Buying video games should not be priority if you are worried about money.

lol i didnt say i was homeless but why pay 60 for something you can get for 20. only a fool would throw away money like that but then i guess some people are made of money like that and us small ants trying to save money are not worthy of gaming.

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#20 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts

[QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"][QUOTE="Gen007"]

Gen007

lol i didnt say i was homeless but why pay 60 for something you can get for 20. only a fool would throw away money like that but then i guess some people are made of money like that and us small ants trying to save money are not worthy of gaming.

Like I said. There are some games I'll pay full price and top dollar for. There are other games I will only get with a buy 2 get 2 free used deal (extra content or not). It is not that I'm made of money, I just pick and choose what I really want to support if it comes down to it. I'm not saying you're evil for buying used or even waiting for the content to drop to the base $20 new rate or anything, but I see no reason why EA can't give me more content if I'm buying new.

I think it is a great idea to offer this extra content to new purchasers only. It will either cause people to buy the extra content and support the devs, or go without. It also enforces the fact the dev CARES about those buying new. Sepewrath said it right when pointing out unless you give money to the devs, they don't really care for your opinion or your wants. No free lunch for those that don't want to even provide a little for those supplying the content. And who knows, it might make Gamestop and their ilk actually charge less for used games instead of only being $5 cheaper than new. Instead maybe they will need to be cheaper by the extra content license... Worst case though, they give perks to those purchasing the game and alienate those that refuse to pay so they can vulture off a different company. The only down side is what happens when I got to play these games 5 years from now on a different console (because my other broke or whatever) and the DLC service is turned off? Long term, I end up with less content than I'm use to playing...
Avatar image for Fallout3fan0330
Fallout3fan0330

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fallout3fan0330
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

well if you look at the card that comes with a new game, that has the code on it to join the cerebus network, it has an expiration date of like Jan 2012.