How long until GOW stops being played online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zabaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 zabaes
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts
I am planning to get a 360 as well as that game, but not if there isn't enough people online.:(  Does anyone know when people will lose interest in it?
KoNtRa_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 KoNtRa_
Member since 2006 • 325 Posts
never?
KoNtRa_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KoNtRa_
Member since 2006 • 325 Posts
never?
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
probably until gears 2 but even then people will still play it i stopped playing it because the hit detection was rediculious and i expected more out of those new maps but i have graw 2 and vegas so im good and soon will be getting halo 3 beta and guitar hero 2
Olexis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Olexis
Member since 2004 • 107 Posts
i dont play it too much myself, but i know for a fact that there are quite a lot of ppl playing GeOW on xbl.
Sam_Lowery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sam_Lowery
Member since 2006 • 1110 Posts
When Gears 2 or Halo 3 come out. But actually gears plays totally different from Halo so I'm sure there will still be more than enough people still playing that you won't have trouble finding a game
DaveGray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 DaveGray
Member since 2002 • 1551 Posts

I play about 4 or 5 nights a week, and it's always packed with people.  The big problem that I'm encountering now is cheating.  There are a few exploiable glitches, and it only takes one a-hole to ruin an otherwise good match.  Hopefully, Epic will patch this stuff in their next update.

--Dave 

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#8 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
I am planning to get a 360 as well as that game, but not if there isn't enough people online.:(  Does anyone know when people will lose interest in it?zabaes
you have no idea. people will be playing that for years.
Avatar image for LegendofYaslint
LegendofYaslint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#9 LegendofYaslint
Member since 2004 • 2798 Posts

I know a lot of people who like Rainbow Six Vegas more and stopped playing GoW so much b/c there are so many ******* online all the time.

People who play GoW online are three out of fours times an unbearable idiot.  I used to love it but the online community is nothing but trash and hicks almost.

SpartanAdmiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SpartanAdmiral
Member since 2007 • 60 Posts
[QUOTE="zabaes"]I am planning to get a 360 as well as that game, but not if there isn't enough people online.:(  Does anyone know when people will lose interest in it?paullywog
you have no idea. people will be playing that for years.

It's like Halo people will most likely play it until time ceases to exist! *dramatic music*
slayer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 slayer85
Member since 2006 • 926 Posts
never?KoNtRa_
dude, it aint never gonna stop, people are in love w/ this game
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts

Man it's packed to the brim, I really don't think it's going to wear out with all the people still talking about it's awesomeness and people still buying it.  It's like Halo 2 sort of, the way people stick with it....the community isn't like it though.  I've only played with a few jerks so far, and a few cheaters.  Most people are nice.

ROCKINGFOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ROCKINGFOOL
Member since 2005 • 1795 Posts
the game is reaching 5 million copies i hardly belive you wont see poeple playing it even after halo 3 :)
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
untill halo 3
LordChar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LordChar
Member since 2007 • 124 Posts

GOW online will last a long time. So, expect lots of people to play for a while.

slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 slipslayer_666
Member since 2005 • 2360 Posts

untill halo 3zero9167

Agreed but that might not even stop Gears from being played online.

-Saul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Saul
Member since 2006 • 1072 Posts

untill halo 3zero9167

I doubt people will stop playing Gears when Halo 3 is released. I know I won't. 

kamtong1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kamtong1
Member since 2005 • 1851 Posts
I dont know about you but I dont play it. havent been playing it for ages... too many asses online
joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 joshuarocker
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
I'm kind of suprised people are still playing it. I personally thought the online game was fairly boring and shallow. (single players was worth the price of admission though). However, its really a popular game so I think people will be playing it for awhile. I'll put it this way, if people are still playing it now then there still going to be playing it for awhile. I do agree though about the online community. They really can ruin a game. I wish there was some way to hold people accountable for what there saying. People wouldn't say half the stuff they say if they were face to face with people. The privacy of online though is a breeding ground of racists and A-holes.
mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts
even with all its flaws, its still the best online game on the 360. I'm sure the number of people playing it will diminsh when Halo 3 comes out, but as far as people completely stopping? It ain't gonna happen.
Elementguy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Elementguy13
Member since 2005 • 2950 Posts

I know a lot of people who like Rainbow Six Vegas more and stopped playing GoW so much b/c there are so many ******* online all the time.

People who play GoW online are three out of fours times an unbearable idiot.  I used to love it but the online community is nothing but trash and hicks almost.

LegendofYaslint
>.
Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts
people are still playing it online...this is news to me...i quit a few weeks ago. For one, I played the **** out of it and it just bored me to death after a while. Two, the glitches are horrible. Three, there's not that much to the game if you play the multiplayer every hour you can of every day like i did and beat the single player on all difficulties with a friend. It was great don't get me wrong, but the online experience does not beat the original GRAW. Sorry...better connection and all that but now you've got that host issue on Gears providing you a hell of a problem. only 10, rather 12 maps and 3 game modes. 3 only 3 game modes. Saints Row had at least 5. check this out....there were like  15 game types in graw...each had at least like 3 types of games in them with the ability to create your own game. It was tight. This Gears of War though, quite boring after a month or two. NO, i'd give it2-3 months worth of play.
bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
You can still get a good game of DOA4 going online and that game's been out for a long time. I wouldn't worry about not finding anyone to play with.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 anandram
Member since 2007 • 1537 Posts
people are still playing it online...this is news to me...i quit a few weeks ago. For one, I played the **** out of it and it just bored me to death after a while. Two, the glitches are horrible. Three, there's not that much to the game if you play the multiplayer every hour you can of every day like i did and beat the single player on all difficulties with a friend. It was great don't get me wrong, but the online experience does not beat the original GRAW. Sorry...better connection and all that but now you've got that host issue on Gears providing you a hell of a problem. only 10, rather 12 maps and 3 game modes. 3 only 3 game modes. Saints Row had at least 5. check this out....there were like  15 game types in graw...each had at least like 3 types of games in them with the ability to create your own game. It was tight. This Gears of War though, quite boring after a month or two. NO, i'd give it2-3 months worth of play. Gama_Forever
Wow,its true people are sooooooo different in terms of what they deem to be a decent online game. to those complaining about idiots online--get over it. I know what you mean, there ar many online--but its the way you deal with it thats the best bit....just make it your personal mission to piss that person off.......DURING GAMEPLAY. Kill them/smoke tag em/keep em down till they get back up then blast em to sh**. I love idiots online, because i love messing em up in turn. OR--host your own match then kick the idiots if you really are willing to let a few idiots stop you from playing this brilliant online multiplayer. There's idiots in every game (online)...R6 has idiots....screaming little american kids (no offense), and so does graw2. Dont give up on a good game because the minority is stupid. In re to the game modes in GOW....yes there could have been more, but the gameplay itself surpasses more games at the minute taht have 40 different gamemodes--afterall-gamemodes can only do so much for a 'shallow' 'non-meaty' game.
Smackin-Noobs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Smackin-Noobs
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

Theres still alota people playing it im just hoping the new maps bring people back.

Cpt_Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27 Cpt_Apollo
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
It'll be when which ever game comes out first, Gears 2 or Halo 3.
Xsouljah_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Xsouljah_89
Member since 2004 • 62 Posts
theres plenty of people but i dont play it. got bored lol.
DPS3150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DPS3150
Member since 2006 • 70 Posts
I dont think any one will ever lose interest in this game simply because it is the standard and all other shooters should take note on how to make a great looking game as well as a great playing game. Something that most companies just dont seem to do well. Now a days If a game looks good it probably wont play that well or vice versa. GOW is the Halo 3 Killer that Microsoft didnt expext to see.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 anandram
I dont think any one will ever lose interest in this game simply because it is the standard and all other shooters should take note on how to make a great looking game as well as a great playing game. Something that most companies just dont seem to do well. Now a days If a game looks good it probably wont play that well or vice versa. GOW is the Halo 3 Killer that Microsoft didnt expext to see. DPS3150
agreed:D
halo3resident4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 halo3resident4
Member since 2006 • 714 Posts
ya until gears of war 2 comes out gears of war will still be played online
zabaes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zabaes
Member since 2006 • 772 Posts
Sweet, thanks guys.:P  I can't believe this topic was on fire!:shock:
JasonWI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JasonWI
Member since 2003 • 685 Posts
I stopped after about 2 weeks.  I didn't find it very fun waiting around after I croaked for the other players to finish up.  I dont have the patience for that kind of thing. :)
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
Gears needs that new content to put a pip in its step already.
slipslayer_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 slipslayer_666
Member since 2005 • 2360 Posts

I stopped after about 2 weeks.  I didn't find it very fun waiting around after I croaked for the other players to finish up.  I dont have the patience for that kind of thing. :)JasonWI

Yeah i know what you mean, before i played gears the only other game where you wouldnt respawn was Socom and that was annoying as hell. But i guess you get used to it, it draws me in more knowing i only have one life it keeps me from just running and guning without consequince.

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

[QUOTE="DPS3150"]I dont think any one will ever lose interest in this gamesimply because it is the standard and all other shooters should take note on how to make a great looking game as well as a great playing game. Something that most companies just dont seem to do well. Now a days If a game looks good it probably wont play that well or vice versa. GOW is the Halo 3 Killer that Microsoft didnt expext to see. anandram
agreed:D

I've been tired of this game for quite some time now. I honestly don't know how people continuously play the same maps and do the same thing over and over again without getting bored. The SP was great while it lasted but the MP is just repetitve after awhile imo.

ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
I dont think any one will ever lose interest in this game simply because it is the standard and all other shooters should take note on how to make a great looking game as well as a great playing game. Something that most companies just dont seem to do well. Now a days If a game looks good it probably wont play that well or vice versa. GOW is the Halo 3 Killer that Microsoft didnt expext to see. DPS3150
standard for what? you gotta be kidding me. vegas probally deserves more credit than gears.
black_awpN1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 black_awpN1
Member since 2004 • 7863 Posts
Youll see a dip when Halo 3 comes out.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
I am planning to get a 360 as well as that game, but not if there isn't enough people online.:( Does anyone know when people will lose interest in it?zabaes
First, GoW's online is really hit or miss, you may totally hate it. Second, GoW will last a while since it has some really hardcore fans, but expect the GoW playerbase to drop a lot when Halo 3 comes out, it might even drop a bit when Shadowrun comes out.
jmartinez1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jmartinez1983
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts
[QUOTE="DPS3150"]I dont think any one will ever lose interest in this game simply because it is the standard and all other shooters should take note on how to make a great looking game as well as a great playing game. Something that most companies just dont seem to do well. Now a days If a game looks good it probably wont play that well or vice versa. GOW is the Halo 3 Killer that Microsoft didnt expext to see. ninjaxams
standard for what? you gotta be kidding me. vegas probally deserves more credit than gears.

Yeah, exactly, standard for what? As often as I hear about how great Gears is I hear constant complaints about lag, balance issues and other problems. DPS you make some pretty broad generalizations that don't really hold up, I don't think its well established that most "good looking" games play badly, if anything now there is a huge drop off between games that look and play amazingly and those games that are only decent looking and playing. Also GoW is no halo killer, its not even close to being the same kind of game that halo is. Halo appeals to the FPS crowd that's into fast paced run and gun action, not slower more methodical tactical gameplay like Gears (although I've also heard that Gears is all about frag tagging and shotguns at the moment). And really, at best all online games are just flavors of the month, they get replaced as new waves of games come through, expect no different with Gears.
Sonicxtacy02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sonicxtacy02
Member since 2007 • 94 Posts
i actually popped GoW in over the weekend after spending the last few weeks playing vegas. I honestly cant stand the concept of gears online anymore. I mean the a-holes and cheaters are one thing... but going into a match thats 4 on 4 that lasts maybe 2 minutes.. waiting, then going into the SAME match same people same map over and over again is the most annoying concept to me. And there are no choices in the way you play. I mean lets be honest in gears you have two online choices... execution/warzone/etc (all the SAME thing) and online story co-op. You either have to REALLY love 2 mins of pure mayhem or REALLY be patient to wait thru 5 mins of lobbies, loading and homophobic references.
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
I doubt people will stop playing it.When Halo 3 comes out I expect it to be the #1 played game on XBL with ease, but I do expect GeOW to stay strong at #2.
Arsenal140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Arsenal140
Member since 2006 • 725 Posts
When GoW2 comes out
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 anandram
[QUOTE="ninjaxams"][QUOTE="DPS3150"]I dont think any one will ever lose interest in this game simply because it is the standard and all other shooters should take note on how to make a great looking game as well as a great playing game. Something that most companies just dont seem to do well. Now a days If a game looks good it probably wont play that well or vice versa. GOW is the Halo 3 Killer that Microsoft didnt expext to see. jmartinez1983

Yeah, exactly, standard for what? As often as I hear about how great Gears is I hear constant complaints about lag, balance issues and other problems. DPS you make some pretty broad generalizations that don't really hold up, I don't think its well established that most "good looking" games play badly, if anything now there is a huge drop off between games that look and play amazingly and those games that are only decent looking and playing. Also GoW is no halo killer, its not even close to being the same kind of game that halo is. Halo appeals to the FPS crowd that's into fast paced run and gun action, not slower more methodical tactical gameplay like Gears (although I've also heard that Gears is all about frag tagging and shotguns at the moment). And really, at best all online games are just flavors of the month, they get replaced as new waves of games come through, expect no different with Gears.

errr......flavour of the month?if GOW is flavour of the month, then its been tasting good to some people for a long time now because its still as yummy as it first was when it came out. I dont think you can get away from the fact that GOW is probably the most played game online...it'd be interesting to see what the results are for that particular kind of thing. I think its a minority that 'cant stand it'. i and most other people would probably agree that GOW is great to look at as well as the gameplay aspect.
anandram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 anandram

i actually popped GoW in over the weekend after spending the last few weeks playing vegas. I honestly cant stand the concept of gears online anymore. I mean the a-holes and cheaters are one thing... but going into a match thats 4 on 4 that lasts maybe 2 minutes.. waiting, then going into the SAME match same people same map over and over again is the most annoying concept to me. And there are no choices in the way you play. I mean lets be honest in gears you have two online choices... execution/warzone/etc (all the SAME thing) and online story co-op. You either have to REALLY love 2 mins of pure mayhem or REALLY be patient to wait thru 5 mins of lobbies, loading and homophobic references.Sonicxtacy02

2mins?wa? Everyone has different experience with gears its true. But try playing against people of your own level in that case. Id rather have the 2mins you refered to of outright fun..than sitting in a prone position for 20mins waiting for an enemy to walk past so i can shoot them--GRAW2. I love GRAW also, but sometimes you just need to blow someones head off with a shotgun...gears gives you that. GOW isnt about quantity....and i think its proven itself with the still upbeat online community that it has the quality and doesnt NEED 10 different gamemodes to keep people interested.

In re to 'same maps same people', doesnt every online shooter do this? I dont think thats much of an argument. I could say the same about R6 (although i love that game 2 :D ), that you have to sit there in the lobbby for 5mins waiting for the 10 or so amount of people to join to balance teams....why are you not disgruntled about that, but are about waiting for 7 people to join in GOW? 

If anything--people should realise that GOW has stayed alive because of its gameplay factor and not because it has 10 different game modes. I wonder what the GOW non likers will say when GOW2 comes out with a few extra gamemodes---then you'll have nothing to complain about :P

luvbeers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 luvbeers
Member since 2004 • 438 Posts
The beauty of XBL is that as long as people own the game, there will be people online, especially games like Gears. You are not at the mercy of game developer servers which may or may not support the game in the long run (such as the other network).