How long do Xbox Game Pass games tend to stay on the service?

Wopps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wopps
Member since 2003 • 2373 Posts

Hey, the other day I ordered an Xbox One S and I already subscribe to game pass for my pc, and I'm just curious how long games stay on the service? The reason I ask is I've read it's like Netflix where things phase out over time. Do some games stay permanently? Are some only for a weekend? Is there an official length of time a game will stay on it?

Any help you guys can give would be great, although it won't diminish my happiness with the purchase as I'm a pretty big fan of Netflix as it is, plus I will be purchasing physical games through the time I have the console anyway. This is just more a curiosity. Thanks!

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

I've had Gamepass for about 4 or 5 months now. I haven't even noticed what has been removed so far. None of the games I have been into have been removed yet is all I can say.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Wopps said:

Hey, the other day I ordered an Xbox One S and I already subscribe to game pass for my pc, and I'm just curious how long games stay on the service? The reason I ask is I've read it's like Netflix where things phase out over time. Do some games stay permanently? Are some only for a weekend? Is there an official length of time a game will stay on it?

Any help you guys can give would be great, although it won't diminish my happiness with the purchase as I'm a pretty big fan of Netflix as it is, plus I will be purchasing physical games through the time I have the console anyway. This is just more a curiosity. Thanks!

I don't have Gamepass but from the little reading I did do about it, says that they take like a dozen games out every month and replace them with new ones. So games are either in there for a month or many months.

Also if you buy a game that you played through Gamepass you get it at a discounted price.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

@heathen75 said:

I've had Gamepass for about 4 or 5 months now. I haven't even noticed what has been removed so far. None of the games I have been into have been removed yet is all I can say.

I've had GP from the start and this goes for me as well.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Wopps: Here's a link to MS Q&A page regarding Gamepass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

The worst was probably end of Spring, like a chunk of 30 games was removed.

Not every developer will use the service the same. Expect many to put their games on there hoping we buy the DLC which I've done, and then they take them off after 6 months so we buy the game. Which is totally fine, people don't like losing access to their multiplayer games but you still got to play something for pennies on the dollar and if worst case you buy DLC for game pass game, you can just buy the game like I did, even if it meant double dipping.

Avatar image for xboxsupportnumb
xboxsupportnumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 xboxsupportnumb
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

I have faced the same issue while using Xbox then help me to resolve my issues related to the Xbox. so, I want to suggest you go through http://xbox.gamesupportonline.com/ by dialing 1-800-764-852 to get the best instant solutions for your issues.