How do you rate Quantum Break?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 498 Posts

The game didn't get the best reception when it released but I want to know how Xbox owners feel about this game. What are your thoughts and opinions about Quantum Break and how do you rate it out of 10?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I don't like assigning numbers to my experiences, I find it hard to do. I know I enjoyed the game overall and finished it twice, I'm a big sci-fi fan and I thought it was a good take on the time travel theme. Overall I loved the story, and the gameplay was fun but nothing special, the battles were entertaining definitely but the rest of it had a lot of reading text, walking around, overall maybe 7-8 I'd say. I enjoyed it, glad I got it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44014 Posts

7-8 and I'm looking forward to seeing run on X1X since it's dynamic resolution right now so I figure an easy 4K and perhaps even 60 fps isn't out of the question. I'm sure it'll be a game I play though again on X1X and same for Halo 5 as well. :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

It's a must buy if you own an Xbox. And I'll definitely play it again when the X arrives, if it's updated since the only clear negative for me was on the technical side.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

I loved it, played it twice and got my 1,000 gamer score. I give it a solid 8/10. My only gripes were the length of the game and confusion on the final fight. Great story, great acting, great game play.

Most of the bad reviews were from idiots that were trying to play this game like a cover shooter when it is not meant to be played that way .It's meant to running around using the powers, and you know having fun.

Totally one of the most underrated games this Gen. And I agree a must play on Xbox One.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 498 Posts

@the-a-baum:

@the-a-baum said:

My only gripes were the length of the game and confusion on the final fight.

Was it too long or too short?

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

If I had to rate it, I'd give it a 7. Alan Wake is better. But I really do like QB, I even liked the TV show. The visuals are still stellar. The gameplay and gunplay are fun. So are the powers, I just wish there was more you could do with them. The acting and presentation was great. The time traveling story delivers. The final boss fight is terrible though. I played through it twice to get all achievements, and see all the story. Thoroughly enjoyed it both times.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

A 7 it was ok just nothing outstanding like Alan Wake.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#9 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@primorandomguy: Yep, that final boss was a mess. Weird how they thought it was ok to release it like that.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Never got passed the first hour, I don't like that I have to watch those episodes to understand the full story.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

@worlds_apart said:

@the-a-baum:

@the-a-baum said:

My only gripes were the length of the game and confusion on the final fight.

Was it too long or too short?

Too short. Maybe 8-10 hours.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12  Edited By skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

Cut scene too long for a game. Yes I liked the old fmv movies games back in the day but they use span them about a lot better. Not have a whole 30 minutes worth at once.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I enjoyed it... nothing special but definitely worth a play through.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

7, loved the environments especially opening map on campus. Combat, guns and powers were a lot of fun. Tv episodes were okay. Good game but pretty short, would def like a sequel and maybe more content. Finished and sold back within 2 weeks after completing.

TurboGraphix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 TurboGraphix
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts

Campaign length was okay, not too bad since shooter campaigns aren't that long to begin with. (Approx 10 hours).

The fun factor was at a all time high for me. I felt like I was the Flash phasing through bullets and explosions. It really made you feel powerful as the player. Fast paced high octane games which is all I play usually. (fighters, shooters, occasional final fantasy lol).

The acting ofcourse was on point since that was a main focus during the game's development.

Rating: 7.5

The only reason I didn't give it a 8 is because there was no urge to replay it after completed. This is where a 4 player co op horde type mode would be useful, imagine the chaos of phasing through everything with 3 other players.

Buy it, it's great. I enjoyed it, hope you do too.