How do you get a 360 controller to work on the PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Forum_Poster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Forum_Poster
Member since 2008 • 54 Posts

As far as i am concerned It is simply impossible to use a 360 controller on the PC

I have been given links to 2 programs, Xpadder, and joytokey.

Well supposedly both of these programs allow you to use your 360 controller on the PC.

Everyone says this but yet when i ask how you use these programs to confiigure teh 360 controller I get no answers

The turoial that is in xpadder is good up until step 4, it says name the buttons by using the on screen keyboard. ok and the on screen keyboard is where. There is obviously a step missing because there is no on screen keyboard

Obn top of that joytokey has all these screens and tabs to click and all this stuff in it that I have no idea what screen is doing what or what needs to be done or what i am doing and it is impossible to figure out.

So far all anyone wants to say is that these programs work but not one person wants to explain how.

I need a very explicit very clear detailed explanation as what to click what screenms to go into and what the hell any of the things mean in either one of these programs.

People throw me off to stupid misleading tutorials that are missing parts or say things that are not even true.

If the on screen keyboard is in xpadder then someoen needs to explain the precice way to bring it up because what's written in the tut is either missing something or it is a lie.

and afetr someone wants to explain how exactly you use either one of these programs to configure the 360 controller, they then need to explain to me teh following:

1) How do take that configured file and be able to use it in the game

2) after the file has been created by the program, where does this file get placed so it's ready to use

3) once the file has been placed where it is supposed to be, how do i get the game to read it?

Everything I just said is all the missing information that is crucial need to know information

and before anyone wants to say anything about it being complete then I suggest you remmeber if it was complete then i woudln't have to be asking for people to fill in the missing gaps

SHO_ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 SHO_ONE
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts
Actually there is a program out there that will get it to work, I don't remember the name, but I was able to use my 360 controller for my neo geo and snes rom's. But that was for Win XP and honestly my system started to act funny since I had installed it! I remember it was simply a matter of downloading the correct drivers and your set! Wish I could be more help. Again my controllers worked on Win XP.
ViVaLaMaTT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 ViVaLaMaTT
Member since 2004 • 11438 Posts
lol wow, you just have to download the Microsoft Xbox 360 Controller Drivers. Search it on google.
Forum_Poster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Forum_Poster

I have the drivers idiot and the controller is connected, callibrated, adn all teh buttons work

Now how do i get teh 360 controller to WORk on the PC

as I said there are no instructions on any of teh programs and the instructions that are there are incomplete

so i have a useless controller and 2 dead programs and it's all because no one wants to eplxain how use the programs to configure the 360 controller then actually be able to use it in a game

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
...i just plugged up the wireless adapter thats like 20 bucks, synched my controller to it, boom done
slick360ster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 slick360ster
Member since 2007 • 328 Posts
Forum Poster is an idiot and for some reason thinks he can demand that people figure things out for him. perhaps you should just have mommy and daddy figure it out for you, because nobody here has to pretend to like you
Forum_Poster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Forum_Poster

Yeah i have to map the buttons

Ok I understand that I have to map the buttons

What none of you understood is that i have been asking how do i map the buttons?

OK everything is set, the controller is plugged in, calibrated, the buttons, the buttons are working, the guide button is lit green, and I have joytokey up and running.

ok now how do i map the buttons

Avatar image for GameMasterCraig
GameMasterCraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GameMasterCraig
Member since 2007 • 630 Posts
Forum Poster is an idiot and for some reason thinks he can demand that people figure things out for him. perhaps you should just have mommy and daddy figure it out for you, because nobody here has to pretend to like youslick360ster
I reckon
Forum_Poster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Forum_Poster

So what you are saying then is that xpadder really doesn't work and that no one here uses it and they are lying, and you don't want to admit it doesn't work

All i know is that I did EXACTLY WHAT PEOPLE SAID:

People told me to download xpadder --- ok i did that

I launch xpadder and then I try to use the 360 controller in a game and it still doesn't do a damn thing

So it's obvious that people have blatently lied about how xpadder can allow a 360 controller to be used on a PC.