how do u turn in gta 4?!?!?!?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

karugukinywa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 karugukinywa
Member since 2005 • 371 Posts

becausew i suck at turning is there sumthing im missing? whats the secret to good turning in this game? because if im doin a sharp turn while goin kinda fast i alwas hit a wall. thanks in advance

Edit: Please keep all GTAIV discussion in the sticky. A message from your friendly mods.

MF5K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 MF5K
Member since 2005 • 71 Posts
use the brakes....
gamble61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamble61
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts
Slow down and turn safely. Watch for pedestrians.
CrytekSamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CrytekSamuel
Member since 2008 • 291 Posts
A good way to turn, which I normally just use for fun, is let go of the acceleration, flick your car in one direction, then the other to skid round corners. Give it ago. Other then that, brake before the turn, and take the corners slower, the driving is pretty realistic.
FLzthvikings87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FLzthvikings87
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts
WHen your trying to skid around corners you have to hit the hand brake, then hold the brake and acceleration while counter turning. Give it a try, it really works like a real car if anyones ever taken off roading lesson....anybody? well thats how it really works.
LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
wow sounds quite complicated for a game, i'm just goin to slow down a lil make the turn n go faster ! w00t w00t lol
imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

it takes some getting used to.

they made the cars... react like real cars. In real life, you can accelerate while taking a right turn at 60 mph without skidding out.

When you anticipate a sharp turn, let go of the gas, tap the breaks (Left trigger), and take the turn at slower speed. Accelerate as soon as you finish the turn.

Avatar image for deactivated-586291ff5899b
deactivated-586291ff5899b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-586291ff5899b
Member since 2008 • 1261 Posts
I usually either just slow down, tap the hand brake and slide around the turn, or sometimes start out wide and cut across the corner of the side walk. A few people get taken out along the way, but they know the risk.
Maidendude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Maidendude
Member since 2005 • 388 Posts

becausew i suck at turning is there sumthing im missing? whats the secret to good turning in this game? because if im doin a sharp turn while goin kinda fast i alwas hit a wall. thanks in advancekarugukinywa

The way I do it, is to let go of the gas about a second before the turn, and then when your close enough begin turning. As soon as the car begins to turn quickly tap the brakes twice (L trigger), your back end should start to whip around now. Once you get to the peak of the turn you tap the handbrakes twice (R bumper or A, whichever you prefer), this will help prevent the car from loosing control of the car. Once your back end is slightly off center stomp on the gas and steer the car straight.

Different cars have differenthandlingbut this is the method I use when I know the car has terrible handling or if I'm going to fast.