How do I Regain Access to my 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

So here's the deal. For a few weeks now I have been wanting to play my 360 games, and I have really been wanting to sit down and have a good gaming session for some time now. I haven't reallygotten to havemany solid gaming sessions since I first bought my 360, back in October, but now that I have gotten just about every older game I wanted for the system I think I can finally rest long enough to start playing.

Unfortunately there is an unforseen obstacle between me and gaming goodness.....my sister. Allow me to explain. So a few months ago my sister got me Guitar Hero 3 because it was a decent price, and as I'd never wanted to really buy or get into those music/rythm guitar games, I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. But I played the game and it wasn't that bad - granted, it wasn't the same kind of fun as a regular video game, but I decided that a music game would be nice to have around to add a little variety to my 360. Well, one day I got around to thinking it might be fun to have all of the instruments to play the game with, as well as a selection of downloadable tracks, so I bought Guitar Hero World Tour's band kit. Aside from the fact that it takes up a lot of space and I had to return the first one I bought, it is also a pretty decent game. However, this doesn't change the fact that these games are just a fun diversion for me, not something I want to play every day.

My sister has really taken a liking to those damn drums, and she has become pretty much addicted to playing world tour in-between her job hunting exploits. She always wants someone to play with her to make the game feel more interactive, and the problem is every time I try to turn on my 360 now, to get down to business on Halo and try out Fallout 3, my sister jumps up and pretty much insists that we play guitar hero, and really doesn't give me much of an option as to the final decision.

Now, my sister will probably move out again sometime this year, but in the meantime I feel like I really dont get to enjoy my own game console, like she is pretty much controlling my main source of entertainment now. I have a job, and lately I have been working a lot of hours, so I haven't had as much free time to play games, but I would like to enjoy the time I do have since I am really getting in the gaming mood now. If my job isn't controlling my life, my sister is, and it's becoming a problem.

The xbox is in the living room most of the time, and yes I could just keep it in my room. The problem with this is, my sister will just keep asking/telling me to unhook everything and bring my 360 back out into the living room, and I hate moving my consoles back and forth constantly. And a lot of games are difficult to see, and the text in games is very small on my tv screen since I have a small analog television. I am planning on upgrading to a nice widescreen LCD soon, but in the meantime I prefer using the living room tv if I can, since the gaming experience is much more bearable. But like I said, this isn't going to stop her from bugging me to hook it back up in the living room.

So how do I tell my sister, nicely, that I would like to work on my other games, and don't want to play guitar hero everyday? I don't want to be mean and just tell her to gtf away from my xbox, but at the same time I want to find some way to kinda push her away from the 360 so I can enjoy it again. I don't always get along with my sister, but I want to be on good terms with her. And I really would like to play some games already.

So...can anyone give me an honest and thought-out answer about what I should do?

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

get her a wii then and her own tv and she'll be distracted.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
Hide the instruments and the game so she won't be able to play it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

lol...good responce but I already have a Wii. My sister doesn't have her own tv yet though...but she has a laptop and still isn't distracted enough. But maybe you're onto something, finding something else that can take her attention away from this game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Hide the instruments and the game so she won't be able to play it.tjoeb123
It's hard to hide a drum set and guitars when they are pretty visible in this small house.
alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

have her try out halo and fallout. who knows? maybe she will like it as much as guitar hero. halo has great multiplayer so maybe you can play together?

jackophant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jackophant
Member since 2008 • 36 Posts

Buy some games you can play together. Relationships with your family are more important than games. Take advantage of the fact that you have a sister intrested in gaming. I wish my sister liked playing games, that way it would be much easier to connect with her and get along. Beating fallout 3 numerous times has no meaning, but bonding with a brother or sister is an accomplishment that will last a lifetime.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Hmmm maybe I dunno...I kinda like playing games alone, or over the internet in multiplayer. I also have my own way of playing games, and I wouldnt want someone right there telling me how to play lol...

Plus she would just probably want to play that game all the time, then. lol

But still a good answer.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Why not try to get her into your other games? Also you can tell her that you'll play with her for a certain amount of time but then after that you want to play a game of your choice. Like one hour her choice and one hour yours.

Jdon2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jdon2008
Member since 2008 • 465 Posts

I would tell her nicely to go do some other girly stuff maybe tell her you want to play a game on your own for awhile. Tell her to call her girlfriends to gossip, or go hang out with her boyfriend, and if she doesn't have one set her up with some of your friends. If she is a truely great sister maybe ask her if you can have your own gaming session for a couple hours. It is nice to see your sister into games though.