How do i cancel my xbox live account?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by hustler_151 (1720 posts) -
im selling my 360 soon and need to know how to cancel my account. doi have to do it on my xbox or can i do it on the internet? thanks
#2 Posted by karriston (3631 posts) -
You have to call MS.
#3 Posted by sirk1264 (5912 posts) -
call 1-800-4my-xbox
#4 Posted by sirk1264 (5912 posts) -

im selling my 360 soon and need to know how to cancel my account. doi have to do it on my xbox or can i do it on the internet? thankshustler_151

why you selling it by the way.

#5 Posted by karriston (3631 posts) -
I think his avatar and signiture pics make it slightly obvious.
#6 Posted by FUBAR24 (12185 posts) -
you have to call microsoft but be warned they will try to tell you anything to keep you from canceling it
#7 Posted by sirk1264 (5912 posts) -

I think his avatar and signiture pics make it slightly obvious.karriston

Its better to own both than to sell one to get the other.

#8 Posted by DataDream (3195 posts) -

Well that's too bad. Both consoles are great in their own right - but if I had to choose...

Well let's just say there's a reason I post in this forum more than the PS3 one. Neither console is without their faults - so don't be decieved by fancy marketing into thinking you are getting a "better" or more "reliable" system because that's not the case.

#9 Posted by Taijiquan (7431 posts) -

Well that's too bad. Both consoles are great in their own right - but if I had to choose...

Well let's just say there's a reason I post in this forum more than the PS3 one. Neither console is without their faults - so don't be decieved by fancy marketing into thinking you are getting a "better" or more "reliable" system because that's not the case.

DataDream

LMFAO, even fanboys don't go there when it comes to reliability. I agree with the better though.

#10 Posted by DataDream (3195 posts) -
[QUOTE="DataDream"]

Taijiquan

LMFAO, even fanboys don't go there when it comes to reliability. I agree with the better though.

My first PS3 was DOA out of the box and my Launch 360 got the RROD. So -In my experience- there hasn't been much difference in reliability. The real frustration came when trying to "make" the PS3 do 1080p and "make" it do a full screen image with a backward compatible game from the PS2. All things SONY swore they were Kings of the hill at - it's just nice to turn on the 360 and have it actually do all it claims to do.

Anyway I love them both and this isn't meant to turn into a system wars post because of a single statement I made but like I said they both have their issues.

:)

#11 Posted by hustler_151 (1720 posts) -

[QUOTE="hustler_151"]im selling my 360 soon and need to know how to cancel my account. doi have to do it on my xbox or can i do it on the internet? thankssirk1264

why you selling it by the way.

im just a little tight on money and i dont play it to much anymore. thanks for the help by the way:)

#12 Posted by hoodratsk8r (25 posts) -
I had an Xbox for about two years and it crashed twice and they lied to me told me it would be 150-whatever to fix it and they said I would have warranty for about a year but that was also a lie I had warranty for three months and it crashed after the third month and I threw the xbox out and got a a ps3 and no problems at all it i s a much better system everyone go with the ps3.The only real problem with the ps3 is not enough blue ray games.You get the wireless chip already in the system and you can play online for free without having to pay and not only those great features but you can also surf the web if you want to.all these and more.If given the choice when I got the xbox I would have gone with PlayStation I have had their products for years and years.And they all work and not one of them have crashed
#13 Posted by Schreek (1637 posts) -

I think his avatar and signiture pics make it slightly obvious.karriston
His avatar is from Fallout 3....

#14 Posted by Drakebunny (3029 posts) -

I had an Xbox for about two years and it crashed twice and they lied to me told me it would be 150-whatever to fix it and they said I would have warranty for about a year but that was also a lie I had warranty for three months and it crashed after the third month and I threw the xbox out and got a a ps3 and no problems at all it i s a much better system everyone go with the ps3.The only real problem with the ps3 is not enough blue ray games.You get the wireless chip already in the system and you can play online for free without having to pay and not only those great features but you can also surf the web if you want to.all these and more.If given the choice when I got the xbox I would have gone with PlayStation I have had their products for years and years.And they all work and not one of them have crashed hoodratsk8r

This is a three-year old topic. Don't bump it.

[QUOTE="karriston"]I think his avatar and signiture pics make it slightly obvious.Schreek

His avatar is from Fallout 3....

This topic is old, he could've changed it within that time.

#15 Posted by verbtex (9063 posts) -

Back to the grave, zombie thread!