How did/do you find Batman: Arkham Asylum?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shaunk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shaunk89
Member since 2009 • 945 Posts

Personally, I felt Batman was the best action-adventure type game I've played in a very long time...possibly ever. It was so well balanced with great story/character elements, great and varied gameplay mechanics, a semi-free-roaming environment, amazing graphics and overall production values, not to emntion it was quite long and has great replay value.

Although, I'm a Batman fanatic, so I thinke ven if it had been rubbish I would have been happy. But what does everyone else think? Anything you felt wasn't great about it? Or was it almost perfect for you too?

goez3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 goez3000
Member since 2003 • 482 Posts

i agree that batman was great, but not the best, i would have to say MGS4 was the greatest action game (if you have a ps3). For 360 i would say condemned 2 or GTA IV

Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tom_delonge555
Member since 2005 • 414 Posts
I agree with you bro, I thought it was perfect. I got incredibly hooked to it and got the full 1000/1000 in three days.
shaunk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shaunk89

I agree with you bro, I thought it was perfect. I got incredibly hooked to it and got the full 1000/1000 in three days.Tom_delonge555

I'm addicted to it at the minute. For the first time EVER I'm desperate to get the full 1000/1000. struggling with the combat challenges though :( I suck donkey at them...especially the extreme ones :(

Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tom_delonge555

[QUOTE="Tom_delonge555"]I agree with you bro, I thought it was perfect. I got incredibly hooked to it and got the full 1000/1000 in three days.shaunk89

I'm addicted to it at the minute. For the first time EVER I'm desperate to get the full 1000/1000. struggling with the combat challenges though :( I suck donkey at them...especially the extreme ones :(

Haha, yeaa the combat challenges is where the danger resides. Especially the one named "Shock and Awe", both regular and extreme versions are so tough that it's not even funny. When I got the "Freeflow Gold" achievement I couldn't believe my eyes. Great feeling of accomplishment. Well, good luck bro, and don't give up (I say this because I thought about giving up hundreads of times).
nhlkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 nhlkiller
Member since 2004 • 1380 Posts
It was the batman game we've been asking for and we got it! I hope more superhero/comic book games are done as greatly as Batman was
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
I found it in a store lol
MarioRPGer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#8 MarioRPGer
Member since 2005 • 11345 Posts
I found it in a store lolUT_Wrestler
i lol'd. thats what i thought he meant at first.
CardiacKid07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 CardiacKid07
Member since 2007 • 1225 Posts
Probably the best super hero game ive ever played. Also being the long time Batman fan that i am i felt that they did him justice and told a great story with even better voice acting.
Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Tom_delonge555
Probably the best super hero game ive ever played. Also being the long time Batman fan that i am i felt that they did him justice and told a great story with even better voice acting.CardiacKid07
Agreed.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I bought it, but still haven't opened it. I have a few other games I need to finish first.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
i really liked it, i have 950/1000 i just need to finish it on hard n im perfect, i had a hard time with both shock and awes and rumble in jungle extreme, but finally got it after trying a good 10-15 times lol real fun stuff wat i really didn't like was when im doin this combat challenges i die and starting to get annoyed the joker comes in and taunts me in the retry screen lol i hated that
alemao_cg_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alemao_cg_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Dude, seriously: Best. Game. Ever. Or at least in the top 3. Combat is absurd and addictive. I'm currently 1000/1000. Yay \o/

But gotta say: Shock and Awe is the hardest part of the game. No discussion on that.

BTW, Bats FTW

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#14 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I loved it, it was great and had the perfect amount of exploration and linearity.
rns1016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rns1016
Member since 2009 • 322 Posts
I loved it , I think the gameplay and storyline was great. Couldn't have ask for a better game.
LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LeGoofyGoober
Member since 2009 • 3168 Posts

possible GOTY, definitely a GOTY contender. it's only real competition in 09 is ODST.

LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LeGoofyGoober

I bought it, but still haven't opened it. I have a few other games I need to finish first.

OfficialBed

no you don't. cause AA is better then all those other games.

Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tom_delonge555

[QUOTE="Tom_delonge555"]I agree with you bro, I thought it was perfect. I got incredibly hooked to it and got the full 1000/1000 in three days.bobdood99

What a waste.

and why is that?
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 atm0073
Member since 2005 • 3069 Posts
I thought the game was spectacular. I was going to get it at launch, but I was skeptical because of the rumors (or facts?) I had heard about Eidos paying for review scores a la Kayne and Lynch: Dead Man. But I decided to pick it up because The Beatles: Rock Band is overpriced where I live, and boy what a good decision that was. Directly following what IGN controversially commented, it is indeed the "best superhero game of all time" in my opinion, and is easily one of the best games I've ever played. I think I've played the game for a total of 20+ hours within the last 48, and my seemingly-worsened vision, strong head discomfort, and failure to properly attend to my higher responsibilities definitely reflects that.
gamermanps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamermanps2
Member since 2006 • 1220 Posts

Wow, what a whole lotta love for this game.

I'll probably get after ODST.

Would anyone else say GOTY?

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 atm0073
[QUOTE="bobdood99"]

[QUOTE="Tom_delonge555"]I agree with you bro, I thought it was perfect. I got incredibly hooked to it and got the full 1000/1000 in three days.Tom_delonge555

What a waste.

and why is that?

I ponder the same thing. So what if he achieved what he did in a supposedly short time? It's not like he rushed through the game or anything; I'm sure he played and experienced the game in the same way he would have had he taken 30 days to complete it. It was just his desire to play the game during a shorter span of time; there's nothing "wasteful" about that at all. Look at it this way, for good measure: Batman: AA is a car, Tom_delonge555's time is money. According to your logic, bobdood99, it's as if Tom_delonge555 is being "wasteful" by buying the car immediately, as opposed to, say, paying for it via monthly installments. If he has the "money" and desire to buy the car on the spot, then what is the difference? There is none. Mediocre use of figurative speech, but it gets the point across.
deadpool757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deadpool757
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

OfficialBed

open it sir!! its awesome!

deadpool757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deadpool757
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

Wow, what a whole lotta love for this game.

I'll probably get after ODST.

Would anyone else say GOTY?

gamermanps2

i preordered odst and modern warfare 2, but i think MW2 is going to be GOTY my friend.

atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 atm0073
Would anyone else say GOTY?gamermanps2
Depends on how Assassin's Creed II and The Saboteur do IMO.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

[QUOTE="OfficialBed"]

LeGoofyGoober

no you don't. cause AA is better then all those other games.

That may be true, but I still like to try and finish games in the order I buy them.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I agree with you bro, I thought it was perfect. I got incredibly hooked to it and got the full 1000/1000 in three days.Tom_delonge555

Damn! Teach me how you did the challenges! I'm only missing the 16/24 medals achievements :S

perry933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 perry933
Member since 2007 • 621 Posts

I love it....great story line and it wasn't repetative. Starting to do the Challenges now.

Anyone hear any details about the DLC suppossedly coming out in like 2 weeks??

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

Got it, Beat it, Got all the riddles, It was Good, But it is a few steps from being Great.

The Game was way to easy

Boss fights left something to be desired. Too simple, Cool but, no strategy needed outside the obvious

Not enough Enemy Variety, Though I never got bored of the combat and sneaking, It was strange to see a 12hr game based 95% off fighting the same enemies over and over again.

With all the development time spent making AA, I would have thought Rocksteady would have been more creative in the process, Don't get me wrong this is easily the best Superhero game ever made, I just hope the Next Game brings new elements to change the lackluster gameplay.

I want to see more done with the Detective Mode and Visor. I mean the Visor was great, but I would like to see a redesign in how it displays because im sure im not the only one that basically just left it on for 80% of the game. without it your pretty much lost.

Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tom_delonge555

[QUOTE="Tom_delonge555"][QUOTE="bobdood99"]What a waste. atm0073
and why is that?

I ponder the same thing. So what if he achieved what he did in a supposedly short time? It's not like he rushed through the game or anything; I'm sure he played and experienced the game in the same way he would have had he taken 30 days to complete it. It was just his desire to play the game during a shorter span of time; there's nothing "wasteful" about that at all. Look at it this way, for good measure: Batman: AA is a car, Tom_delonge555's time is money. According to your logic, bobdood99, it's as if Tom_delonge555 is being "wasteful" by buying the car immediately, as opposed to, say, paying for it via monthly installments. If he has the "money" and desire to buy the car on the spot, then what is the difference? There is none. Mediocre use of figurative speech, but it gets the point across.

haha, actually that was a pretty good metaphore, atm0073. I completely agree with you, and the only reason I asked bobdood99 why he said that is bc I was torn bteween 2 possible reasons; 1 being what you said (playing the game too fast and not enjoying it) and 2 being the cliche "don't you have anything better to do with your time?". Either way I was ready to shut him down bc none of these facts would hold up against coherent arguments (a good exemple of that would be what you wrote). But he didn't reply. Anyway, His commentary was a classic exemplo of pure, simple and clear ignorance. A waste was the time he spent writting that short but totally ignorant and useless post. BTW, thx for the cover. =] cheers, bro.

Tom_delonge555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tom_delonge555

[QUOTE="Tom_delonge555"]I agree with you bro, I thought it was perfect. I got incredibly hooked to it and got the full 1000/1000 in three days._TheJoker_

Damn! Teach me how you did the challenges! I'm only missing the 16/24 medals achievements :S

Haha, it's practice man. See, I'll give you an advice that really helped me out. If you perform a FULL variation combo (9 variation) you get an extra 5K per round. that's right. So, even if you don't do too well in the round in general, you'll still get that extra 5K considering you do the full variation combo (freeflow perfection). Lemme see what else.. try not to lose the chain of course, and ground takedowns score you something between 2-4K each if you use them in the middle of a combo of at least 20x. Ahmmm.. oh yeah, try using the instant takedowns (Y+B) on the special enemies (knife and rod wielders) as soon as you can so they won't be a problem. Ahmm, I've tons of advice to give, is there anything else in particular you're having trouble with? Let me know. Cheers.
Hakud0ushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Hakud0ushi
Member since 2005 • 7613 Posts
Awesome game indeed. Such agreat job.
atm0073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 atm0073

[QUOTE="atm0073"][QUOTE="Tom_delonge555"] and why is that?Tom_delonge555

haha, actually that was a pretty good metaphore, atm0073. I completely agree with you, and the only reason I asked bobdood99 why he said that is bc I was torn bteween 2 possible reasons; 1 being what you said (playing the game too fast and not enjoying it) and 2 being the cliche "don't you have anything better to do with your time?". Either way I was ready to shut him down bc none of these facts would hold up against coherent arguments (a good exemple of that would be what you wrote). But he didn't reply. Anyway, His commentary was a classic exemplo of pure, simple and clear ignorance. A waste was the time he spent writting that short but totally ignorant and useless post. BTW, thx for the cover. =] cheers, bro.

Well put, again... and the pleasure was/is all mine :)
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

Very good game. Had to 1000G it. =-)

ShadowedSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShadowedSight
Member since 2008 • 1902 Posts

I'm going to buy this once I beat all the other awesome 360 games in my collection.

Aka Gears 1, GTAIV and Tales of Vesperia.

shaunk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shaunk89

[QUOTE="atm0073"][QUOTE="Tom_delonge555"] and why is that?Tom_delonge555

Yeah, I was wondering why it was a waste...I pretty much blitzed the game in a few days too...I'm obviously not good enough to do the combat challenges completely, I'm stuck on 2 medals for a lot of them, struggling for perfection :( sad times.

I think its testament to the engrossing narrative that so many people seem to have got really addicted to the game (props to Paul Dini for that). And the voice acting was sublime, such a coup to get Mark Hamill and Kevin COnroy in on the fun....hearing the REAL joker again certainly took me back to my childhood (no offence to the late, great Heath Ledger, but Mark Hamill IS the Joker for most Bat-fans).

I also think this is solid GOTY material. Depends on how AC2 comes out I guess, but that's the only real competition I can see. ODST won't even come close. Its more expansion pack than full game. MW2 maybe, but I doubt that too.

shaunk89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shaunk89

Got it, Beat it, Got all the riddles, It was Good, But it is a few steps from being Great.

The Game was way to easy

Boss fights left something to be desired. Too simple, Cool but, no strategy needed outside the obvious

Not enough Enemy Variety, Though I never got bored of the combat and sneaking, It was strange to see a 12hr game based 95% off fighting the same enemies over and over again.

With all the development time spent making AA, I would have thought Rocksteady would have been more creative in the process, Don't get me wrong this is easily the best Superhero game ever made, I just hope the Next Game brings new elements to change the lackluster gameplay.

I want to see more done with the Detective Mode and Visor. I mean the Visor was great, but I would like to see a redesign in how it displays because im sure im not the only one that basically just left it on for 80% of the game. without it your pretty much lost.

Zemus

Yeah I'd agree actually. I felt the bossess were lacklustre to say the least. You never fight Harley Quinn, Batman just beats her up in a cut-scene....Killer Croc falls through a hole (lame) and the Scarecrow sequences were a bit annoying...far too much 2D platformering. You never really fight the Joker, which is a bit stupid....in fact the only proper boss was Poison Ivy (side note: boy has she ever got more "grown up"...Harley too ;) ), and Bane I guess. Overall though, bosses sucked. Also, WHERE WAS MR FREEZE? that dissapointed me greatly.

Some sort of Hush/Dark Victory/Long Halloween style "Rogues' Gallery" DLC would solve that though...

And yes, detective mode was too useful....but what can you do about it? Only thing is maybe changing it so it doesnt go all blue-and-white on you....

SnakeEyesX80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SnakeEyesX80
Member since 2009 • 2181 Posts
I've played the demo like 25 times! I'm thinking about buying it. I just picked up DiRT2 and am thinking about NFS Shift next week, so I might have to wait a few weeks. Batman: AA is a brilliant game though!
LeGoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LeGoofyGoober

[QUOTE="gamermanps2"]Would anyone else say GOTY?atm0073
Depends on how Assassin's Creed II and The Saboteur do IMO.

The Saboteur? lol. i doubt Assassin's Creed 2 will pull it off.