how come some ppl play 5 hours everyday and still have perfect eyesight?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

parkour-rulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 parkour-rulz
Member since 2009 • 140 Posts

i have seen a lot of these kinds of ppl. i dont play that much (im only allowed to play for an hour and only on sat and sundays) and im short-sighted. why???

parkour-rulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 parkour-rulz

dayum soo unlucky i am

mr-sheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 mr-sheep
Member since 2006 • 2235 Posts
LOL I don't mind having bad eyes. Whenever I put on my contacts in the morning and head to school, DAMN IT FEELS LIKE I'M LIVING LIFE IN HD.
parkour-rulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 parkour-rulz

hehe i dont have contacts soooooo..............

Avatar image for seancollins1987
seancollins1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 seancollins1987
Member since 2008 • 253 Posts
I would imagine you already had bad eyesight before video games. And I am sure there are millions in your situation. Sorry looks like you got the short end of the stick
Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

I've had 20/20 vision while my whole family (For the most part) wears glasses. Its all genetics. Playing video games (And I've been playing for several years and for about 4+ hours everyday) has never affected my vision.

atc-fanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 atc-fanatic
Member since 2009 • 973 Posts

its carpal tunnle and arthritis is what they well get in the end. i know ive had 4 surgerys on both my wrist in the last 10 yrs.after all these surgerys im still in rough shape i cant especialy play on pc the kb&m just kill me.

alexbaricco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 alexbaricco
Member since 2008 • 350 Posts

I ask myself this question too, expecting my untold hours of gaming to send me to the optician's chair. But my eyesight hasn't let me down.

swk2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 swk2000
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts

My eyesight has always been 20-20 and I've played a lot of games for many hours in my 20 years of life... But what I found recently was interesting. I put on a pair of my mates glasses and everything was a tiny bit more defined... Like the difference between HD and SD on an old none HD game... It was quite odd, but nothing that made me think 'damn I need glasses...'

Anyone else had that?

Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
Playing games or staring at a computer screen doesnt affect your eyesight. :| It can make your eyes tired after prolonged exposure, and you can have a setup that aggrivates them (Which causes them to tire faster and can be remedied by taking breaks), but thats it. Ive got better than 20/20 vision and ive been playing games before i knew how to read!
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
They don't, which is why I should get laser eye surgery :P
campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

My eyesight has always been 20-20 and I've played a lot of games for many hours in my 20 years of life... But what I found recently was interesting. I put on a pair of my mates glasses and everything was a tiny bit more defined... Like the difference between HD and SD on an old none HD game... It was quite odd, but nothing that made me think 'damn I need glasses...'

Anyone else had that?

swk2000

My friend had the same thing just happen to him. I think that you can loose a very small amount of your vision but not notice it as it can happen slowly over a long time.

TC i have been playing computer games for 20 years and work at a computer for about 8 hours of the day and i have not had a problem with my eyes.

I think that older TV used to be a bigger problems. I know old computer with the green screen used to really damage your eyes. My old work where i used the old screen paid for a eye test once a year.About10 years agomum got they green computer screen introduced in her job and part of her training course they told them that the screens will damaged the eyes and they will need glass after 6 month plus of use and she started needing glasses a year later.

FaintRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FaintRain
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

i have seen a lot of these kinds of ppl. i dont play that much (im only allowed to play for an hour and only on sat and sundays) and im short-sighted. why???

parkour-rulz
i play more than 5 hours a day when it's holiday lol and nth happens,i remember hearing sth on TV on a show called DR.know maybe or sth,and they showed some research,they made someone keep looking at a TV for four days non-stop and nth happened
Orgymang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Orgymang
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

I recently had to get glasses after failing the vision test for my drivers license renewal last year. I'm nearsighted (meaning close up is perfectly fine) and I definately contribute it to the 15+ years of using the computer. Basically after awhile your eyes become accustomed to focusing on things close up and start having trouble focusing on things in the distance.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

Watching t.v is not only way eyes get hurt. Your eyes really adapt to what your life style. If you always do stuff up close your eyes will adjust to that making you nearsighted. It also deals with genetic. My family all has glasses/contacts we don't have great eyes, But my eyes starting going bad back when i was 9 grade skipping school playing video games 9-12hrs a day. Aways getting 2-3 hrs asleep not caring for anything else sitting in front of a 32 inch 3 feet away. And did that about 3 years straight so ya took a toll on me. now i play like 3-5hrs tops a day lol

P.S kids don't follow my high school life style lol go to school... it took 5X more effort to get back on track

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 k2theswiss

LOL I don't mind having bad eyes. Whenever I put on my contacts in the morning and head to school, DAMN IT FEELS LIKE I'M LIVING LIFE IN HD.mr-sheep

lol i feel the same way!!! its a big difference with out them

jonzilla_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#19 jonzilla_basic
Member since 2002 • 2334 Posts
. but me my eyes starting going back when i was 9 grade skiping school playing video games 9-12hrs a day. aways geting 2-3 hrs asleep not caring for anything else. and did that about 3 years straight .... k2theswiss
Wow thats crazy
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

well its not hard as long as your not to close to the tv and are not straining your eyes you could probably look at it forever with any problems. HD helps.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]. but me my eyes starting going back when i was 9 grade skiping school playing video games 9-12hrs a day. aways geting 2-3 hrs asleep not caring for anything else. and did that about 3 years straight .... jonzilla_basic
Wow thats crazy

lol ya it was... everything all good now

FaintRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FaintRain
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

[QUOTE="jonzilla_basic"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"]. but me my eyes starting going back when i was 9 grade skiping school playing video games 9-12hrs a day. aways geting 2-3 hrs asleep not caring for anything else. and did that about 3 years straight .... k2theswiss

Wow thats crazy

crazy like zaraki kenpachi :P
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
LOL I don't mind having bad eyes. Whenever I put on my contacts in the morning and head to school, DAMN IT FEELS LIKE I'M LIVING LIFE IN HD.mr-sheep
k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 k2theswiss

[QUOTE="mr-sheep"] Wow thats crazynate_c-12

crazy like zaraki kenpachi :P

lol IDK about that one he's little too much crazieness for me fool fights anyone with only physical strength

Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts
[QUOTE="Witchsight"]Playing games or staring at a computer screen doesnt affect your eyesight. :| It can make your eyes tired after prolonged exposure, and you can have a setup that aggrivates them (Which causes them to tire faster and can be remedied by taking breaks), but thats it. Ive got better than 20/20 vision and ive been playing games before i knew how to read!

This is correct. Allowed to play games 2 hours a week is like saying your only allowed to watch TV 2 hours of the week. I stare at either a computer screen or TV for hours on end everyday be it at work or at home for years and years and my eyesight is unhindered.
DeadApeBladder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DeadApeBladder
Member since 2009 • 692 Posts
I play alot of my 360 and I started getting blurry vision. Now, I always had glasses but, my vision wasn't all that bad. But, last year I went and told the guy I had blurry vision and that I play video games alot and he told my you have astigmatism and it's from playing video games so much. So, now I have to wear glasses all the time.
Alley-Cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Alley-Cat
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts

Well I don't know anyone who plays 5 hours a day! That's a lot imo. My eyesight is already bad and I honestly do hate wearing glasses :? but I would hardly blame it on video games.

Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#28 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

MOTHING WONG WIT MY EYE SIITE... who turned the lights out ?

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Hahaha. I wear eyeglasses and I say that to myself quite often. Everything is soo much clearer. It's gotten tot he point where I see too much details in videogames.. The downside of it, it enhances the fugly graphics. yuck!
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

'Cause we also play sports.

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
I stare at screen far too much, whether its for graphic design work or for gaming and my eyesight is still 20/20.
parkour-rulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 parkour-rulz

'Cause we also play sports.

Palantas

duhhhh.....

who doesnt?

andalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 andalore
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

When you pass 25, the eye sigh tend to stay that way, which is why lasik doctors prefer patients over 25 with one year of obseration on eyes growth. It is largly genetic because you are young, so the eye is growing, and if eyes get too long, you get short-sight.magicalclick

I thought your eyes were the only part of your body that doesnt change size throughout your life...Although I may have just been fed bad info which is more likely. lol

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

Ive been wearing glasses since i was about 5 i think, so used to it now. Tried contacts but I cant get them in :@

Avatar image for LittleBigPeople
LittleBigPeople

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LittleBigPeople
Member since 2009 • 197 Posts

Just don't get to close to your tv problem solve :P

metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

I'm not sure if your eyesight will nessesarily go bad because you played to many video games, it's either genetic or you put your face up to the TV to much or thought it was funny to point a laser pointer strait into your eyeball. Other than that your eyes should be fine, I have some weird eyesight, 30/70 or something like that but my perscriptions changed. Plus, I spend ENTIRE days infront of my TV playing video games, I think I have gone about 16 hours or more, and I got glasses supposedly because of genetics, bad eyes and cancer, I love my DNA!

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
some games have been proven to actually help your eyesight believe it or not...I play a looooot of shooting games for like 3 or 4 hrs a day and still got 20/20 vision
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#38 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

I've had 20/20 vision while my whole family (For the most part) wears glasses. Its all genetics. Playing video games (And I've been playing for several years and for about 4+ hours everyday) has never affected my vision.

DamianAlexander
Me too, except for the whole 4+ hours every day part.
Azwraith_PL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Azwraith_PL
Member since 2010 • 121 Posts

Ergonomic televisions and good genes?

N7v1K0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 N7v1K0
Member since 2009 • 5755 Posts

I need to wear glasses when I play my consoles or watch TV.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#41 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

well it doesnt have much to do with genetics in some cases

its called ,

sun ,,

dont stare at it , thats what can cause bad eyes

and sit as far back away from tv as possible ,

never sit 1 inch away ,,

that is what also can cause bad sight , not playing video games ,

that has nothing to do with bad eyes, its just like watching tv ,

same thing dont sit close

i have perfect 20 20 vision , dont need glasses, ,,

and i play half the day almost ,

NoDzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NoDzombie
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

well me and my brother both play game for around 4 or 5 hours everyday and have done for about the last 10years, if not longer, and he has perfect 20/20 vision, but my eyesight is terrible,

so as far as im concerned its got nothing to do with playing games, if you are gonna have bad eyes its just gonna happen whether you play games or not

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
cuz some peope have bad eyesight in their genes and get progressivly worse sight regardless of games/tv/pc use others sit relativly far away and therefor do alot less damage and the fact that they have good eyesight to begin with makes it even less likely to do damage from safe distances
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I don't think the games mess up people's eyes.

lime_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#46 lime_93
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts
i dont sit close to the tv when i play the game
Avatar image for JasonDarksavior
JasonDarksavior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#47 JasonDarksavior
Member since 2008 • 9323 Posts

I guess it depends on how far you sit away from the TV and also takng breaks and relaxing the eyes.

brain3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 brain3d
Member since 2009 • 176 Posts

The Opticians lied to me.... :(