How can I fix an issue with Xbox Series X and Call of Duty Modern Warfare saying I have to purchase it again?

blk13601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 blk13601
Member since 2022 • 4 Posts

I purchased a digital copy of Call Of Duty Modern Warfare for my Xbox One, which is now combined with COD Warzone. I recently purchased an Xbox Series X and downloaded the COD Modern Warfare, and it is missing a multiplayer pack, that it will not download. It also states I need to now purchase Modern Warfare again.

I even went onto my Xbox One and transferred the game from the Xbox One to the Series X via the local network and again it failed to download the multiplayer pack and still wants me to purchase the game I already own. I have tried everything online I found, uninstalling the game, cleared cache, did the Mac address thing, reset the console, but not a factory reset and nothing works.

I would rather not have to reset the entire console back to factory for one game having an issue with the other games I have on there are all working properly.

What can be done to fix this issue?

blk13601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blk13601

Update: I decided to try restoring the Xbox to factory and that did not work, it still states I have to purchase the game. It also downloads all the addons for both games, but will not download one multiplayer pack, nor transfer it from the Xbox One to the Xbox Series X.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#3 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@blk13601: Get in touch with ms. They will sort you out.

blk13601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 blk13601

@sealionact: I was going to online chat with them, its no longer available. Their own community you get no response on and their phone lines are backed up for hours. I will try to call them tomorrow and see if I can get them to help.

Sergio_Pires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sergio_Pires
Member since 2022 • 39 Posts

If the download itself isn't available, you might be SOL but you shouldn't have to buy another digital copy since it's supposed to be tied to your gamer tag.

You might have some luck looking at your purchase history. I have a URL that you can try:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/billing-payment-updates/check-xbox-purchase-history