Holiday Letdown?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Jmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Jmac
Member since 2006 • 278 Posts

So.

Halo 3 is in our memories, Mass Effect is done, Mario Galaxy was great and also done.

...so whats left?

Call of Duty 4? Another shooter?

What games are there to play for the major consoles this holiday season? Mainly, is there anything other than Rock Band I should be getting this holiday to tide me over? Perhaps the time has come to look back a bit into Sept, Oct, maybe give Eternal Sonata or other hidden gems a playthrough.

Anything big coming though? I seem to be let down and deflated that nothing else big is on the horizon.

Suggestions?

Shade-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shade-Blade
Member since 2007 • 4930 Posts

Nothing else big coming up?

So what about UT3, HW, F2, GTA4, DS, RE5, PT, AITD, AW?

haloman92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 haloman92
Member since 2005 • 2094 Posts
ninja gaiden 2 coming pretty soon, im gonna pick up the new mx vs. atv game for christmas
ObjectiveTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ObjectiveTruth
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

There's nothing left this holiday season and there won't be because that's the way the industry works.

What's the point of releasing a blockbuster game this close to christmas? Everyone is close to done their holiday shopping which means less money left over for buying games.

You wont see any good games for any console until at least mid January when people have some money after paying off their christmas gift debt.

fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#5 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts

my question is how could you possibly get through all of those games in such a short time? i am absolutely ecstatic about the 360's holiday lineup. Call of Duty 4 (although i agree that it is just another shooter, it looks like a very well done shooter), Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, GH3, and Virtua Fighter 5 all look amazing, and games like Burnout Paradise and DMC 4 are just on the horizon. plus, if you've somehow managed to exhaust the 360's library of good holiday games, try going back to catch some games that you missed out on. chances are you haven't played all of these yet: Bioshock, Ace Combat 6, Eternal Sonata, or Halo 3 (ok, everybody's played that one.) but all of them are great.

Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
burnout paradise
timmy0890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 timmy0890
Member since 2006 • 572 Posts
Rock band comes out on the 21st for us Canadians :) ima buy it
SoralinkGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#8 SoralinkGS
Member since 2005 • 3626 Posts

I'm no where near letdown this holiday season. I mean, I don't even have COD4, Uncharted, Resident Evil: UC, Battalion Wars 2, and Mass Effect yet, plus I'm no where near done with SMG and Bioshock. Only big Holiday titles I got done are Orange Box(well, Portal isn't done), Assassin's Creed, and Halo 3.

As for you, doesn't seem like you mentioned Assassin's Creed...did you play it yet or blow it off as a disappointment due to forum opinions?

PsyCho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 PsyCho90
Member since 2004 • 1204 Posts
What do you mean? Not everybody has played the games that came out this fall. I haven't played mass effect, Orange Box, Assassin's creed, or Rock Band yet. I think I'm satisfied with the amount of games I can play this holiday.
solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
have you tried assassins creed really fun game imo
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#11 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts

Anything big coming though?The_Jmac

Not for this month. See ya next year! :D

-K

The_Jmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Jmac

Well, forum post successful. It seems I've split the forum in half.

"See ya next year", from one...and "you didn't play ___, ___, or ____".

I did play Bioshock when it was released, and the vision and art style of that game I think warrant a game-of-the-year win.

No, I did not "blow off assassins creed due to forum opinions" to address that point.

I liked Assassins Creed, nothing spectacular though.

As of this moment, the games I guess I have "left" are, as posted above, Eternal Sonata, and Ace Combat 6 I suppose, which I've heard good things about.

I DO want to play CoD4, but with am I alone in thinking for something new, so soon after Halo 3? I don't doubt CoD4's greatness, and I'll probably pick that up in January at some point.

I'm glad I split the forum at least though.

Rock Band will be the way to go.

chip1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chip1289
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts
your already done with all the great games please i mean mass effect i am on my second playthru and am loving it already planning a 3rd and 4th. cod4 the multiplayer is awesome. rock band is a blast, as is gh3. you must be tough to please that is just the short list i am so back logged on games right now i am not at all concerned about next year. the next purchase for me is burnout in january
MrSickVisionz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MrSickVisionz
Member since 2004 • 798 Posts
I agree only with his feelings that the year is done with in terms of releases. I just got my 360 in early Nov 07 so theres alot of games to play though. I plan on picking up Eternal Sonata when it drops to being in the $30s on amazon.com used, same with Call of Duty 4. Still playing and loving Mass Effect. Pondering about getting Perfect Dark Zero especially since its so cheap, and I still need to pick up Gears of War. I also have alot of progress to make in Forza 2.
cleotis_max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cleotis_max
Member since 2007 • 979 Posts
Yeah.. There is nothing for awhile I mean i've played through BioShock(Twice Good/Bad), The Orange Box, Assassins Creed(Twice), Mass Effect, on my 2nd playthrough and boy it's boring, Halo 3, CoD4(Beta, Hated it), Oblivion GOTY, and I played Eternal Sonata I liked it but traded it in for Oblivion GOTY Edition, but I'll pick that up again someday.. As of now im horribly bored with nothing to Play but that all ends on Christmas since my girlfriend bought me a PS3.. so basically.. more then 1 console is the way to go unless you own a Wii, because I do and I haven't played it since Launch week.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

Nothing else big coming up?

So what about UT3, HW, F2, GTA4, DS, RE5, PT, AITD, AW?

Shade-Blade

I think he means this holiday season.

I Know what you mean! I was looking at some of the games that are going to release in the next few weeks and there's not really a lot. Unreal Tournament III looks to be about it. There might be a few other games, but none that are really worth noting. We probably won't see any real "must have" games until February or further.

Edit: But in all fairness I haven't played Bioshock or Mass Effect yet, so I can always go back and play the games that I didn't when they first came out.

GamingThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 GamingThief
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts

Next year good games will come out but i still need to buy lots of xbox 360 games at christmas and im gonna buy some xbox 360 stuff.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

ninja gaiden 2 coming pretty soon...haloman92

It's still TBA 2008, so I don't know how soon that is.

The_Jmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 The_Jmac

"But in all fairness I haven't played Bioshock or Mass Effect yet, so I can always go back and play the games that I didn't when they first came out."

Buy both of those immediately.

And if you haven't touched your Wii since Launch Week, (I hadn't touched mine for a long time either), pop in Galaxy. What a great game.

Rock Band though, I just wish it was more readily availible.

fifty56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 fifty56
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts
too human!!!