hmm, I feel a bit foolish.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for wookieeassassin
wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wookieeassassin
Member since 2006 • 1678 Posts

If you have read my other thread my xbox 360 was refused when I wanted an out-of-warranty repair. Thinking that it could no longer be fixed, I began destroying it last night, i.e. throwing cinderblocks onto it. Then today I was looking around the the broken xbox 360 discussion thread (because gamespot gave me a TOS warning for my earlier thread... them and their overzealous patrolling the forums.. (rolls eyes)) and I found this a: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290123932202&rd=1&rd=1

Wow, a guy that fixes a xbox 360 for cheap and seems to have a good reputation. Maybe I should've not rushed into destroying it, hehe. Although, I find it hard to trust such services as as far as I know there is hardware in the xbox 360 that is not user serviceable. Oh well.. hahaha.

chainsaw_happy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 chainsaw_happy
Member since 2007 • 257 Posts
you just went ballistic on it like in Office Space?... Even if its broke I think you can trade it in at EB for some credit (just don't expect a lot). But I believe Microsoft will repair it for a fee (maybe $150? My friend just had his fixed). You should've peed on it and sent it back to Microsoft. There's no excuse for 360's breaking like this.
karmageddon2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 karmageddon2k4
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts
HAHA sucks to be you. Ya there are some people i've heard of that will fix it and MS will fix it for $140. There are also some self fix tutorials online and one of them i hear works really well for a fix. I just need to goto the hardware store and pick up the parts to fix mine (or try to at least fix it)
RamboSymbiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RamboSymbiot
Member since 2007 • 6302 Posts

I Hulk Hogan leg dropped my SegaCD once when i lost in Sewer Shark...

wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wookieeassassin
no Microsoft said they would NOT fix it, just because I had opened it. It was already out of warranty anyway. And yes somewhat like Office Space. Threw it off the deck. Dropped cinderblocks on it. Jumped up and down on it. I tried the eraser fix for mine and it did nothing
wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wookieeassassin
oh well
karmageddon2k4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 karmageddon2k4
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts

Ahh no wonder then. Ya once the warranty seal is broken they won't fix it.

One you can try that apparently works is the xclamp replacement. That's the next fix on my list to try for mine. But i'm guessing you demolished yours beyond fixing lol

wookieeassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wookieeassassin
yep, hahaha. I hear the xbox 360 is going to drop to aboue $199, so I might deal with MS and buy it for that price.
Southwind20C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Southwind20C
Member since 2006 • 554 Posts
They said they wouldn't even fix it for money? That's odd. All breaking the seal does is break warranty. Maybe they're getting more strick about people modding their boxes.
dwils

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dwils
Member since 2004 • 96 Posts

Well, your first mistake was opening it. Oh well, nothing you can do about it now. Like someone else said, "sucks to be you."

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
This also should stay in the broken 360 sticky.