Highly acclaimed 2D Action-adventure "Hollow Knight" releasing September 25 (digital)

#1 Edited by Alucard_Prime (10087 posts) -

UPDATE: Digital version coming very soon according to IGN, Sep 25. Previous OP below and trailer was for the Retail version it seems.***This is old news now, announced last week but I just found out, and quite pleased as this game has received enormous praise from critics and players. Many consider it a "metroidvania" type game, similar to Ori basically.

Originally developed by Australian studio "Team Cherry" and already released on PC and Switch, and as reported by several outlets & below trailer it is coming to Xbox One Spring 2019.

Synopsis from Metacritic:

"Hollow Knight is a 2D action-adventure game with an emphasis on traditional 2D animation and skillful gameplay. Journey to Hallownest, a vast and ancient underground kingdom inhabited by a bizarre collection of insects and monsters. Players will forge their own path as they explore ruined cities, forests of fungus, temples of bone and other fantastic lands, all on their way to uncovering an ancient mystery."

#2 Edited by Alucard_Prime (10087 posts) -

Bump! Saw this great news on IGN earlier....digital version coming September 25!

"Hollow Knight is finally hitting the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on September 25 in the digital, content-packed Voidheart Edition."

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/09/11/hollow-knight-voidheart-edition-coming-to-ps4-and-xbox-one-this-september

#3 Posted by Sam3231 (2566 posts) -

Sons of bitches. Already got it on Switch.

My first impression is it kind of sucks but maybe I'll warm up to it with more playtime. But maybe not.