Help with deleting credit card info from xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rockhoward

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rockhoward
Member since 2003 • 144 Posts

Looking for help on how to delete my credit card info from my Xbox 360 hard drive/xbox live. Is there an easy way to do this? Do you need to call xbox live to remove this info?

Any help with this would be great!

ssc0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ssc0n
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts

Looking for help on how to delete my credit card info from my Xbox 360 hard drive/xbox live. Is there an easy way to do this? Do you need to call xbox live to remove this info?

rockhoward
I need the answer also, I dont think I want to pay for next month. Vacation is almost over and I have a bunch of single-player games to finish.
XxSPAZxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 XxSPAZxX
Member since 2007 • 1213 Posts
[QUOTE="rockhoward"]

ssc0n

I need the answer also, I dont think I want to pay for next month. Vacation is almost over and I have a bunch of single-player games to finish.

you have to call them, it is pretty simple. Just call them and you have to tell them your account information and it will be canceled

Dabbagins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Dabbagins
Member since 2007 • 1152 Posts
[QUOTE="rockhoward"]

ssc0n

Call 18004MYXBOX and talk to the xbox live billing people. Give them your information and tell them that you want to set auto renewal to off. They are the only ones that can do it. Having auto renewal off allows your gold account to down grade to silver account on the date of your gold accounts expiration. Not sure about the other question though for deleting the credit card info. Call 18004MYXBOX also for that. They shall help you out.

ssc0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ssc0n
Member since 2006 • 3110 Posts
[QUOTE="ssc0n"][QUOTE="rockhoward"]

XxSPAZxX

you have to call them, it is pretty simple. Just call them and you have to tell them your account information and it will be canceled

So if you have a monthly membership right now the only way to cancel it is to call them?
Morphumax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 Morphumax
Member since 2005 • 381 Posts

I had to do that when my 1st one was stolen. I was nervous about having the info on there.If you're cancelling your account outright, they will do it for you at the help line..They will also help you take it off at the help line if your continuing your account, but it takes time, from what I remember. There is one thing you can do it with instantly: Use"Migrate Xbox Live Account" on a new 360 (if you have one or are getting one). If you don't have another 360 and don't plan to get one, you can get the folks at the support line will actually put it on a blank 360 in thier possession (it's secure). From what they told me, the actual info is not on the box, it's a matter of accessing your account from that particular machine it's assigned to. Still, if you're getting rid of your 360, you don't want someone using your account. Remember, the actual info is also "asterisked out!" on the screen.You know, "**** **** 1234."

The help line can be a little annoying and may take awhile. I bet it's busy these days. Bottom line is they should be able to help you out. Hope this helps.

Nash-MVPx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nash-MVPx2
Member since 2007 • 772 Posts
I was under the impression that it was easy to remove your credit card info from the system. What I did was simply delete my profile from the hard drive. Without access to my profile, it would be impossible for anyone to view my credit card info wouldn't it?
Fuuuuureakkkk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Fuuuuureakkkk
Member since 2005 • 584 Posts
send all your info to charles manson and that will do it.
Nash-MVPx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nash-MVPx2
Member since 2007 • 772 Posts
Good one... But seriously, my strategy was fine right? Someone reassure me!