Help!! Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ArrancarVizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ArrancarVizard
Member since 2007 • 464 Posts

Which one should I get if I have to choose one???

Any opinions would be great, thanks!!

jordis5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 jordis5
Member since 2007 • 384 Posts
mass effect its awsome
loz86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 loz86
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
Mass Effect.
VinxVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VinxVince
Member since 2004 • 219 Posts
mass effect
Xeros606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Xeros606
Member since 2007 • 11126 Posts
mass effect. mass effect has a compelling story, lots of ways to play, some exploration, and has pretty fun gameplay. the only thing i hate is that combat is sorta easy, and most of the side quests are boring. ac get repetitive, and the story is disappointing, and the gameplay is pretty much go "go here and press these buttons", but if you really want to play it, rent it.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
i recommend that you rent them... but I guess Mass Effect has more replay value if you like it as much as other people do
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

mass effect.

assassin's creed is worth about 5 minutes of your time. play it to see the nearly automated climbing mechanic, watch a few highlight videos on youtube, and you've gotten all there is out of the game.

where as mass effect.... you should PLAY it.

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
This one is simple: M A S S E F F E C T
Zcrimson07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Zcrimson07
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
mass effect assassin's creed is a good game but no more than a rental. i got mass effect a while back and im still playing it im currently on my 3rd or 4th run through. its truly epic.
Avatar image for strokersmoker07
strokersmoker07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#10 strokersmoker07
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts

Buy Mass Effect, and RENT Assassins Creed.

raptortank4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 raptortank4
Member since 2008 • 152 Posts

mass effect.

assassin's creed is worth about 5 minutes of your time. play it to see the nearly automated climbing mechanic, watch a few highlight videos on youtube, and you've gotten all there is out of the game.

where as mass effect.... you should PLAY it.

paullywog

You're very wrong. Outside the reptitiveness of all the same missions, it's a good game with a great story. They did a fantastic job on that. The action is great and only continues to become more badass the further you get in the game :P

gophers1789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 gophers1789
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
If you are gonna buy one definately have to go with Mass Effect because of the replay value but i do recommend playing both because IMO both are GREAT games. Assassins creed can take up quite a bit of your time if you do all the side missions and such but if you can only buy one, buy Mass Effect. Personally I wouldn't buy either at this stage in the game because Gears of War 2, Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Call of Duty World at War are coming out before December, I want them all too :)
zombiejonny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 zombiejonny
Member since 2003 • 8277 Posts
mass effect
drunkenyak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 drunkenyak
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts
I admit I never played Assassin's Creed, but I loved Mass Effect.
DarkDemon91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DarkDemon91
Member since 2006 • 770 Posts
Mass Effect.
DeliriumGlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DeliriumGlo
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
Mass Effect and then wait for the new Price of Persia.
Avatar image for Incredible_Bulk
Incredible_Bulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Incredible_Bulk
Member since 2007 • 236 Posts
I would have to agree with the people advising renting AC, only because there is not alot of endgame (for AC) other than collecting some stuff and getting achievements, whereas mass effect you can play through with different dialog and Shepard's background options to make a different game, at least a couple times. I really liked both games so I don't think you can go wrong with either.
Avatar image for Fear_The_Booboo
Fear_The_Booboo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fear_The_Booboo
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts

Since everyone is saying mass effect, I'll say Assassin's Creed just that you will have a different opinion.

Mass effect is a good rpg, but isn't the best of his genre. The story is good, but far from being as well written as something like Planescape Tormen or Fallout 2. It's a big game, with lot of things to do, but there's rarely any sense of achievements doing them, so the game will probably last you between 15h and 20h. The second playtrough is only cool for a different ending, but the game doesn't change that much, except some of the dialog. The combat feel like a stripped Gears of Wars if you play it as a fighter. It can be fun if you have some spells, but it's nothing incredible. It's a good game, but it's far from being an outstanding rpg.

For Assassin's Creed. It's a shot game (10H) that can get repetitive before you even finish it. But it's an innovative game, with some really new elements. The stealth system is something new (working with the crowd instead of shadows), the combat system (rythmic combat) and the use of free roaming (free-running). While everything in there is imperfect, since it's new to the videogame media, it makes the game feel different from anything seen before. The story in Assassin's Creed is really well written to, but the end is disapointing, since you won't know what's going on before the next game.

I personnaly prefer Assassin's Creed, but yeah, you could rent it and finish it, but if you like the videogame for the medium it is, you must play it. Mass effect is a great game, but it's never revolutionnary, while you can get more valid play time from it, I still suggest you to play Assassin's Creed before.

destrozz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 destrozz
Member since 2006 • 390 Posts
both imo, but if you only have enough for 1 I suggest mass effect, I put insane hrs into that game.
zeppelin_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 zeppelin_64
Member since 2006 • 3924 Posts
I loved Assassin's Creed a lot, played through it twice, but I just started Mass Effect and I'm loving it. Get both, they'd be like $70 together. That's about one game with tax.
TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts
Mass Effect.
Halo773ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Halo773ER
Member since 2003 • 726 Posts
mass effect
Zcrimson07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zcrimson07
Member since 2004 • 3493 Posts
this just in: i've logged about 60 hrs with mass effect and just beat it for the 3rd time and just started my 4th so ya its got replayability.
DeadxEyE-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DeadxEyE-gamer
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I got Assassin's Creed and i beat the game in 2 days. The game is great but it has very little replay value. Mass Effect ive played through at least 5 times. The story is great and theres alot more to do. Side missions make the game even longer but they arent to repetitive. Every class has unique differences and they game is far more better then assassins creed. Only because it has more replay value and it wont get old for a long time. Like the guy above said Assassin's Creed is only a rental but a heck of a rental. Mass Effect is a MUST BUY game and i think it was well worth it.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
mass effect, assassins creed can get very repetitive
Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts
Rent Assassins Creed and Buy Mass effect. I purchased both and I definitly regret buying assassins creed. That game is great the first hour or 2 hours. You spend that time learning everything. After that you will literally be doing the same thing over and over and over. Go to this city, smack up some people to get them to talk, eavesdrop on these 2 people talking, save this citizen, etc etc. Then you carry out the main objective. Then you go to the next city you will literally do the exact same thing. The only way I would say you should buy AC is if it was 5$ - 10$. Mass effect is well worth the money as there is soo much to do. You can create different types of characters as well as go the good guy, bad guy route. Do not buy AC for its story, that is very pointless. You might as well go see a movie instead or watch a speed run through the game online.
tinkles87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tinkles87
Member since 2005 • 155 Posts
As much as I didn't like Mass Effect I have to say pick it because Assassins Creed was very very repetitive. But if you can get Assassins Creed cheap I suggest it also.
master-dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 master-dude
Member since 2007 • 548 Posts
I haven't played Mass Effect, but Assassin's Creed is just awesome. So I'ddefinitelyrecommend it.
eagles_band

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 eagles_band
Member since 2008 • 2969 Posts
Do you want quality or quantity? AC is an awesome game, but short and hardly any replayability. ME is a good game, that you can play through several times. I would buy ME and rent AC
SlashDementia3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SlashDementia3
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
Mass Effect. It's way more repetitive, plus the story is amazing.
FlashCharge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 FlashCharge
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
Mass Effect is the better of the 2. But Assassin's Creed is a very good game with some awesome graphics. But the graphics, story line, and game play in Mass Effect shines brighter.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts
Mass Effect for sure ;)
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#33 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts
Mass Effect without a doubt. I hated Assassin's Creed, & Mass Effect is one of the best games for the Xbox 360. Of course it wouldn't cost you but around $30.00 to buy both if you got them used.
MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts
mass effect