This topic is locked from further discussion.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tzolynski
Member since 2013 • 90 Posts

Thinking about grabbing a headset for my XONE, and just wondering what some thoughts are? They dont need to be XONE specific if there are better sets that i can buy the adapter for im fine with that. Any info i would appreciate.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

would like to know what people are thinking as well... would actually like one that works with both PS4 and XB1.

the Astro A50s look nice but 300 dollars for headphones is just out of the question.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'm getting the official Microsoft one that comes with the adapter. I don't want wires plugged into my console or TV just to use a headset. From what I'm hearing people are quite happy with the chat and game sound quality for it.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 cyloninside

@BattleSpectre said:

I'm getting the official Microsoft one that comes with the adapter. I don't want wires plugged into my console or TV just to use a headset. From what I'm hearing people are quite happy with the chat and game sound quality for it.

it doesnt do surround sound though... seems like a deal breaker for me. plus for the price of that headset, you can spend 20 more dollars and get the TB XO4 which probably provide far superior sound.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattleSpectre

@cyloninside said:

@BattleSpectre said:

it doesnt do surround sound though... seems like a deal breaker for me. plus for the price of that headset, you can spend 20 more dollars and get the TB XO4 which probably provide far superior sound.

Who cares, it still sounds badass from the reports I've seen and heard. Plus you just plug it into your controller and you're good to go.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cyloninside

@BattleSpectre said:

@cyloninside said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Who cares, it still sounds badass from the reports I've seen and heard. Plus you just plug it into your controller and you're good to go.

well... clearly i do. surround sound is important in games...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre

Fair enough. I guess this headset isn't for everyone.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tzolynski

I have been looking at the TB XO4 and X07 along with the Polk 4 shot. I dug a little into the turtle beach titanfall atlas but then when i seen they are not 7.1 and still cost 150$ for 10 bucks more i could get the XO7. Hoping to hear some info on the headsets mentioned before i make my purchase. There is little info out there about any of them as far as reviews so im hoping there are some people who can shed some light on this subject.

Avatar image for thenephariouson
thenephariouson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thenephariouson
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Although everyone appears to be praising the Polk 4Shot headsets, the reviews ive read (an in depth one on amazon) indicates the Microphone on the Polk units are very poor which is a critical element for and they also don't support 'Monitor' so you cant hear your own voice.

With this in mind, im going to stick with the TB: XO7 units given Turtle Beach's gaming pedigree and the fact that the XO&s are a tenner cheaper also helps : )

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tzolynski

@thenephariouson: Those were kind of what im leaning towards to be honest, I also read the reviews about the 4shots mic being crap. For the money the XO7 seem to be the clear choice but i also have a line on the Astro A50s which of course are more expensive but they would work for my XONE and PS4 which was a bit of a selling point... That and a buddy said he would use his employee discount for me.

Do you actually own the XO7 or are you just planning on buying a pair? Just wondering how you feel about the performance, build, and all that.

Avatar image for deactivated-608a2eb908da4
deactivated-608a2eb908da4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-608a2eb908da4
Member since 2012 • 119 Posts

Got my XO 7s today. Been using them a few hours, and happy with them so far. Comfortable, great sound quality IMHO. These don't seem to have as high a max volume as my 360 headset (TB X32), but everything is clear and they seem to handle all ranges well, and decent bass.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

I have x42's now and I just ordered my XO 7s today and IMO I think they are a pretty good deal. You can use them as headphones(wired or bluetooth), the sound comes wireless from the xbox if you are not using chat then you don't need the cable, should in theory work with ps4 also they are 7.1 but xbox one does not support it over wireless yet( future update) so not TB fault. Oh and they are mobile and have a rechargeable battery.

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tzolynski

So I picked up the the Titanfall Atlas and honestly wasnt really impressed. The sound was clear and crisp but the volume seemed lower even on the highest level. I was also receiving a good amount of cutting out on them, not just once or twice 10-12 times in about 15 minutes. I brought them back and all they had was a set XO4's and Astro A50's. We talked and figured it might be some interference from my router but he gave me a pair of the XBOX stereo versions to try and see if i had the same problems. After trying both of them out I honestly like the much cheaper Xbox versions ... Keep in mind i spent about an hour with both so not a ton of time but I feel enough time to get a decent idea. The XBOX set seemed to have more full sound to me while TB Atlas looked nicer and were very clear but i got more volume and fuller sound as far as bass is concerned out of the XBOX version. Im still in between what im gonna do whether to keep these or just say the hell with it and buy the Astros but that was my findings. Im gonna use these until Monday and make a decision. They dont have a pair of XO7s so i might try them but i wasnt thrilled with Atlas.

One more thing the atlas wasnt as comfortable imo opinion either. Fit is always a preference i dont have a huge head but the atlas and the XO4 fit me tight and were a little uncomfortable. Im sure after time they may loosen and be more comfortable though but cant guarantee that.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cyloninside

does anyone know if the XO7s will work with game and chat audio for PS4 as well? i just want one headset for both consoles....

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By cyloninside

@tzolynski said:

I have been looking at the TB XO4 and X07 along with the Polk 4 shot. I dug a little into the turtle beach titanfall atlas but then when i seen they are not 7.1 and still cost 150$ for 10 bucks more i could get the XO7. Hoping to hear some info on the headsets mentioned before i make my purchase. There is little info out there about any of them as far as reviews so im hoping there are some people who can shed some light on this subject.

none of the headsets for XB1 are 7.1.... atleast none that run through the adapter. the headset adapter only outputs stereo sound atm... or so i hear. if you need surround you have to hook up via the optical on the console itself.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@tzolynski:

I purchased the TB Titanfall Atlas headset and mine work great, haven't had any cutting out. The volume was to high when I first put them on and had to turn them down. You might have just got a defective set?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I use the Astros, and they work with every platform in surround sound which is worth the money in my opinion.

Avatar image for thenephariouson
thenephariouson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 thenephariouson
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

@tzolynski: I don't currently own the XO7s, but given Turtlebeaches experience in the gaming headset arena I have no doubt they'll be worth the money.

Sure there are better headsets, it just that I fell the TB units are a great all round headset for their price point which offer a great sound and also a great Microhone (which is very important to me).

tzolynski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tzolynski

@thenephariouson: I think im gonna try the XO7's they have some coming in this week so thats my plan. The Titanfall atlas fell short for me very clear headset but just okay sound for 150 bucks. I am hoping the XO7s satisfy me if not i very well might grab the astro a50s just because i can use them with both systems, but i will update this with my findings during the week. Since i have the ability to try them all i figure why not, They are getting all the new sets besides the polks and i dont have a hard on for them anyway.