olibriss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By olibriss
Member since 2015 • 27 Posts

I'd like to know if anyone here use any great HDMI to RCA converter cable for the Xbox One that he's satisfied with? Without any lag or anoying problems? In other words, what would be the best converter I can get?

Thanks!

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

So you're trying to play an Xbox One on a standard def TV? That's a pretty big downgrade in picture quality. I don't think any device is going to make that look good, unless you're describing something else. RCA are the standard def plugs that were the standard before HDMI (yellow, red and white plugs) and they don't carry HD signals.

-Byshop

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Following what @Byshop said. If you want to play on an Xbox One with the best possible picture, your best bet is upgrading your TV.

BusterFriendly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 BusterFriendly
Member since 2014 • 242 Posts

RCA is just the type of plug. You can do HD over component RCA plugs. Are you trying to output NTSC/PAL composite video or analog HD component video? The second you should be able to do although I haven't tried.

remegima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By remegima
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

The issue I am having is having an HDTV, but having an older home theater system with out HDMI. The PS3 allows you to use HDMI for video and RCA For Audio, which is awesome. But you can not do this with the X1. SO, when i want to watch a movie, I find myself hooking up my PS3 to get the best sound.... now, is there a good quality cable that will allow me to do that on the X1?

Megan990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Megan990
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

@olibriss said:

I'd like to know if anyone here use any great HDMI to RCA converter cable for the Xbox One that he's satisfied with? Without any lag or anoying problems? In other words, what would be the best converter I can get?

Thanks!

I know a great source, where you can find the best converters, if you still need this info, maybe it's relevant. My old converter got spoilt after my smaller sister pranks. Thus, I was supposed to choose another one. It's kinda hard for me as I'm not that smart when it comes to electronic devices. My friend suggested I look through this article describing HDMI to RCA converters as it gives a brief info on every product, considering all pros and cons. Really comfortable when all info is gathered in one place. I've personally chosen Tendak HDMI2AV.

tranobago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tranobago
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

I got a converter that I've been using to emulate PS2, Dreamcast, etc from my PC to my CRT TV and it looks amazing, but it only outputs 480i. Are there any converters that do composite at 240p so I can play Saturn and so on?