hdmi resolutions for the 360????

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SicsStringFreak
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SicsStringFreak
Member since 2003 • 1679 Posts
i was wondering if the new hdmi would have the resolutions in hd ex. 720p, 1080i, 480p, or pc resolutions like 1366x768, and 1280x1024, or both... if anyone knows i would greatly appreciate it.
Avatar image for tequilasunriser
tequilasunriser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tequilasunriser
Member since 2004 • 6379 Posts
i was wondering if the new hdmi would have the resolutions in hd ex. 720p, 1080i, 480p, or pc resolutions like 1366x768, and 1280x1024, or both... if anyone knows i would greatly appreciate it.SicsStringFreak
1080p is now possible with elite as well as the lower resolutions (i.e. 720p, 480p, etc.)
Avatar image for deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
deactivated-5f033ecf40fed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 deactivated-5f033ecf40fed
Member since 2004 • 2665 Posts
1080p is possible using component and vga WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING GAMES. HDMI is needed for HD-DVDs to display at 1080p, but it is not necessary for the 360 to output 1080p for the games. Unless you have the HD-DVD drive, you won't gain any new resolutions by upgrading to the elite.
arvaris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 arvaris
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
1080p is possible using component and vga WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING GAMES. HDMI is needed for HD-DVDs to display at 1080p, but it is not necessary for the 360 to output 1080p for the games. Unless you have the HD-DVD drive, you won't gain any new resolutions by upgrading to the elite.The_Fell_One
You can use the VGA cable to watch HD-DVD in 1080p.
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SicsStringFreak

no no no guys i know all of this, i was wondering because here, vga gives me the pc resolutions. and component gives me hd resolutions, my question is would hdmi give me one or the other or both to choose from, because i would rather play at 768p. and component wont let me.

and next question i would rather as well use the optical out to my surround sound reciever than the hdmi sound to tv. would this still be possible with the new elite 360 or do i have to use the hdmi sound, optical streight to reciever would be so much better.

SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SicsStringFreak

no no no guys i know all of this, i was wondering because here, vga gives me the pc resolutions. and component gives me hd resolutions, my question is would hdmi give me one or the other or both to choose from, because i would rather play at 768p. and component wont let me.

and next question i would rather as well use the optical out to my surround sound reciever than the hdmi sound to tv. would this still be possible with the new elite 360 or do i have to use the hdmi sound, optical streight to reciever would be so much better.

SicsStringFreak
come on please these are 2 things that i have to know.
*CloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 *CloudX
Member since 2003 • 292 Posts
Theres a seperate wire for hooking your 360 strait up to the recivier through a optical cable. It plugs into were the old av cables went.  and the only resolution you can get with hdmi is 480p,720p,and 1080p.
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SicsStringFreak
Theres a seperate wire for hooking your 360 strait up to the recivier through a optical cable. It plugs into were the old av cables went.  and the only resolution you can get with hdmi is 480p,720p,and 1080p.CloudX
well my tv supports 1366x768 thru hdmi and vga ports, so i know hdmi can carry that signal, i am just wondering on if the 360 will let it or just stick to the component formats. i hope it has a 768p mode. and i want optical sound( to reciever ) while using the hdmi video.
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
[QUOTE="SicsStringFreak"] well my tv supports 1366x768 thru hdmi and vga ports, so i know hdmi can carry that signal, i am just wondering on if the 360 will let it or just stick to the component formats. i hope it has a 768p mode.

Thats 720p.
*CloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 *CloudX
[QUOTE="CloudX"]Theres a seperate wire for hooking your 360 strait up to the recivier through a optical cable. It plugs into were the old av cables went.  and the only resolution you can get with hdmi is 480p,720p,and 1080p.SicsStringFreak
well my tv supports 1366x768 thru hdmi and vga ports, so i know hdmi can carry that signal, i am just wondering on if the 360 will let it or just stick to the component formats. i hope it has a 768p mode. and i want optical sound( to reciever ) while using the hdmi video.

Thats what im saying about the sound. While the hdmi is plugged in you plug another cable for just sound into the old av port and you can plug in an optical cable strait from the 360 to the recivier. Go to www.majornelson.com and look at the pictures he has of it then i think you will understand.
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SicsStringFreak
[QUOTE="teebeenz"][QUOTE="SicsStringFreak"] well my tv supports 1366x768 thru hdmi and vga ports, so i know hdmi can carry that signal, i am just wondering on if the 360 will let it or just stick to the component formats. i hope it has a 768p mode.

Thats 720p.

no 768p is not the same as 720p it is a slightly higher resolution.
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SicsStringFreak
[QUOTE="SicsStringFreak"][QUOTE="CloudX"]Theres a seperate wire for hooking your 360 strait up to the recivier through a optical cable. It plugs into were the old av cables went.  and the only resolution you can get with hdmi is 480p,720p,and 1080p.CloudX

Thats what im saying about the sound. While the hdmi is plugged in you plug another cable for just sound into the old av port and you can plug in an optical cable strait from the 360 to the recivier. Go to www.majornelson.com and look at the pictures he has of it then i think you will understand.

yeah thanks i understand now, i was a little worried there.
SicsStringFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SicsStringFreak
[QUOTE="CloudX"][QUOTE="SicsStringFreak"][QUOTE="CloudX"]Theres a seperate wire for hooking your 360 strait up to the recivier through a optical cable. It plugs into were the old av cables went.  and the only resolution you can get with hdmi is 480p,720p,and 1080p.SicsStringFreak

yeah thanks i understand now, i was a little worried there.

and i assume that little adapter witht the left, right and optical outs will come with the elite packaging. i hope so, im trading in my premium with 2 extra controllers 1 play and charge kit and extra vga cable, along with enchanted arms, Graw, Oblivion, and Gears collectors edition. which will set my credit to about 320-350 dollars at gamestop, and which covers most of what i will be purchasing, which will be C&C3 and 360 elite.
*CloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 *CloudX
Yes it comes with it.