hdmi cable makes the 360 overheat??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gamming_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 gamming_master
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts

Guys i noticed something wierd yestrerday with my 360, 1 month ago i got an LCD TV so i put an hdmi cable to inhance the graphics, before the HDMI cable i always put my hand behind the 360 and warm air would come out{this was after a few hours of playing},after the HDMI cable when i put my hand behind the 360 the air would come out hot{after a few hours of playing}?????

Guys i hope some of u would know something about this and tell me about it.

leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 leperphiliac
Member since 2008 • 1391 Posts
well I have a SD TV and there is always hot air coming out of my 360, which is a good thing I think
SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts
I take it before you got your LCD you were gaming in Standard Def? I would imagine that would be a lot less taxing on the GPU so that maybe your answer, it is probably not the cable connection you use but the resolution demanding more from the GPU. I use HDMI and mine doesn't really get beyond warm though, is yours an older model because I thought all HDMI were falcon? :?
madcowz674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 madcowz674
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts
well I never HDMI'ed my 360(I dont know why) but when I hooked my ps3 via hdmi to my bravia the hdmi cable was hot so it might make your 360 hotter, because it takes a lot of power to run the high end cable.(wild guess)
gamming_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gamming_master
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts
actually i bought a few months ago+ i was gaming in standerd def and i meant the 360 system not rhe cable sorr if u missunderstood
OneLessFinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OneLessFinger
Member since 2006 • 1121 Posts

The GPU doesnt get taxed more depending on the connection type, its always running however the game intended the GPU to run it....I have an Elite and use HDMI also and havent noticed any difference in heat, but the more heat coming out isnt necessarily a bad thing, at least its not being retained inside the system.

Unless your having issues with performance I wouldnt worry about it, every console acts a little differently, my 360 is pretty quiet compared to my friends, it sounds like a jet engine, but he doesnt have problems performance wise.

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

Guys i noticed something wierd yestrerday with my 360, 1 month ago i got an LCD TV so i put an hdmi cable to inhance the graphics, before the HDMI cable i always put my hand behind the 360 and warm air would come out{this was after a few hours of playing},after the HDMI cable when i put my hand behind the 360 the air would come out hot{after a few hours of playing}?????

gamming_master

It's just a coincedence my friend. The type of output (HDMI, VGA, Componenet, Composite or otherwise) will not change the temperature the GPU or CPU run at.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts

never heard of this and ive been usin hdmi for my 360 for ovr a yr no problems

Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#9 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts
hot air comes out of the 360 always, its called the exhaust fans for a reason.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

The GPU doesnt get taxed more depending on the connection type, its always running however the game intended the GPU to run it....I have an Elite and use HDMI also and havent noticed any difference in heat, but the more heat coming out isnt necessarily a bad thing, at least its not being retained inside the system.

Unless your having issues with performance I wouldnt worry about it, every console acts a little differently, my 360 is pretty quiet compared to my friends, it sounds like a jet engine, but he doesnt have problems performance wise.

OneLessFinger

I call mine a Semi Truck.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

OneLessFinger

What he said makes perfect sense. So no worries. :)

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="OneLessFinger"]

Mau-Justice

I call mine a Semi Truck.

Lol. Not to rub it in, but I call mine Silent Assassin. ;)

SHO_ONE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 SHO_ONE
Member since 2007 • 101 Posts
[QUOTE="gamming_master"]

DataDream

It's just a coincedence my friend. The type of output (HDMI, VGA, Componenet, Composite or otherwise) will not change the temperature the GPU or CPU run at.

" I am a Fanboy of ALL technology and am not prejudiced towards any particular manufacturer ". * well said sir!

jremi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jremi
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts
Ever consider that the weather in the past month has gone up in temperature considerably (depending on where you live)?