Have you played destiny yet? +review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

opokalipse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Have you played destiny yet? +review (27 votes)

Yes. It sucks. 19%
Yes. Its amazing, 41%
No. Im buying a console soon to play it 4%
No. 37%

My thoughts on destiny so far.

SINGLE PLAYER

Its a lot of fun playing with other people, however alone and by yourself the game is actually pretty Hard even on normal levels. the game has enough loot for your character, but its not pouring out all over the place like diablo 3. i do find it odd that low level gear does so little damage compared to later levels-for example an auto rifle at level 8 probably does 100 damage while one at level 20 does about 250. the most annoying part of single player is the characters move, even at long range making sniping kills a lot harder. i of course find this a good thing just thought id mention how annoying it is to imagine most games are easy cus the enemies are borderline retarded. enemies arent easy in the game even low level enemies can kill you. the game is pretty big even though people say the storyline is only about 14 hours the fact its coop provides a lot of replay value, plus once they add raids im sure people will want to stick with the game. the game itself is pretty ambitious a multiplayer coop rpg game and it definitely lives up to the hype.

MULTIPLAYER

The multiplayer is unbalanced. guns dont seem to work exactly like youd expect. it seems like the multiplayer was tacked on more then fleshed out, you wont have as much fun playing crucible as you would playing Halo this being my major complaint about the game im hoping patches will fix the multiplayer. Halo 3 multiplayer was horribly broken and though its easy to kill someone in destiny its also very easy to die. also, from the time i spent on multiplayer i didnt see any vehicles :( a major letdown as a spider tank would be super cool to pilot. oh, and to play multiplayer you have to beat 3 or 4 missions on earth first which i thought was a nice touch as it forces you to be at least level 5. they said they did this so youd have access to your super ability before playing online.

• 
Smallville0608

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Smallville0608
Member since 2013 • 87 Posts

After reading the review I lost all interest, so glad I went against my urge to pre-order it, and can save my money for more worthwhile games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I think the Gamespot review sums it up for me... once you dig deeper past the outer shell, which is a polished game with decent mechanics, it is quite bland and repetitive.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#3 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

yes and its good. Not great, not amazing, just good.

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

your poll needs more options... I have it, its not amazing but its pretty good. I am having a lot of fun with it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I'm glad I didn't believe the hype. I'm buying Metro Redux instead, once Destiny drops in price I may consider it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:

I think the Gamespot review sums it up for me... once you dig deeper past the outer shell, which is a polished game with decent mechanics, it is quite bland and repetitive.

I thought u liked destiny I'm playing as a titan and the game is a lot of fun.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@sukraj said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

When I first started playing it, I didn't mind it... but like I said, once I started to get into the story and the missions more, found it quite repetitive. Not a bad game however.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sukraj

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@sukraj said:

@hrt_rulz01 said:

When I first started playing it, I didn't mind it... but like I said, once I started to get into the story and the missions more, found it quite repetitive. Not a bad game however.

I haven't played many shooters so I suppose that's one of the reasons why it doesn't feel repetitive but I understand what you're saying.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i'm really not sure why repetitive is such a big deal with this mmo fps. all mmo's are repetitive to me, but that isnt the appeal. its a shooter, there is only things you can do without being scripted like in cod games or in another shooter where you have to be sneaky.

i went in to destiny knowing what i was going to get into and its exactly what i expected though they need to explain to me where some of these new races are coming from lol

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

I just dont like all the friend request you get while playing.

Thaymez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Thaymez
Member since 2008 • 183 Posts

Here's the deal with destiny as with all MMO's , and I know its a big news flash for most people because their heads are too far up there rear ends to know where their head starts and where the poop comes out. Yes destiny is repetitive. Yes all MMo's are repetitive. You grind lvls, then you grind gear, then you grind rep, and then you grind pvp. ( or in a different order ). When purchasing a game marketed as an open world MMO, what else were you expecting?

That being said, yes game is fun. I've played between 1 and 6 hours at a time, just about every other day since release. I have hit level 20 and have started to get light gear and do hard mode missions. The game reviews that give a 6/10 or a 3/5 I disagree with. My attention deficit disorder usually wont let me hold a 9/10 game for over 10 hours of gameplay. Yes, 10 hours of gameplay. This is how I know for a fact, that everyone got so caught up in SOOOOO much hype that they gave themselves their own self-induced case of blueballs with the game.

Anyhow if you're one of the chodes that wont play a game and enjoy it because of the incredibly flawed, and biased, gaming journalism Nazis, then go back to playing madden cause that games not repetitive.

I rate the game 8.2 /10.

I rate the people that criticize it and wont buy it because they are too cheap and saw a 6/10 at the nazi unanimous website a 1/10.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Considering Bungie has said the game will be supported for quite some time, maybe we should wait a bit until more things are added to the game before the pitchforks come out. The game hasn't even been out for two weeks here in the states and a raid was already released plus new additions are supposedly coming tomorrow.

The issues I have with the game are minor and I am confident they will be addressed.

Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#14 deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

I would vote but I don't agree with the choices. I HAVE played the game but it sure doesn't suck. Then again it sure isn't amazing either.

The game is great while the content lasts but you are paying full price for an unfinished game basically. It is perfectly smooth and optimised and polished but there simply isn't enough content to keep you in the game. I've had it two weeks now and I am so bored of doing the same stuff over and over it is almost pathetic.

My advice would be for anyone on the fence is to wait a year or two and if the community isn't already dead try it then. Activision really screwed the early adopters on this one.

Cut out all relevant story and missions and then sell them to us later as paid DLC. Angry Joe has a review and he is absolutely spot on with it.

djabrayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 djabrayan
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Great remake of Mass Effect.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sukraj

@djabrayan said:

Great remake of Mass Effect.

yep

CrimsonTriden7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CrimsonTriden7
Member since 2014 • 46 Posts

Destiny has been a decent game and it will only improve as time goes on.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

Not interested in playing it.It's Halo with a few new features and a new paint job,from what I can see.I'd just stick with Halo.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 sukraj

Picking up The Evil Within very soon.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

It was a good game, had fun, but for me it's time to move on.

SexyPorkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SexyPorkins
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

I have roughly 60-70 hours in game and it is fun when played with friends. Playing solo leaves much to be desired. I hope that the game fleshes fills out over time, as their is a content issue.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sukraj

Just hit level 3

fana_m009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By fana_m009
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

Today I'll buy the game

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I like the Poll.... I get to vote "no" and leave it at that.... I really appreciate it.