Have you ever forgotten...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

daveyf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 daveyf03
Member since 2005 • 418 Posts

That you had a game on your hard drive? The games on the shelves I have no trouble remembering. Thinking of the order I will tackle them and what not, but the hard drive, some of the stuff I bought on impulse is completely forgotten. I was broswing my games on the xbox the other day and holy crap I had forgotten that I ha downloaded Crysis. Anything similar ever happen to you?

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#2 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

that happened to me but i don't get too excited since i most buy arcade.

soapman72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 soapman72
Member since 2010 • 2714 Posts

yea a was acctualy about to buy bioshock 2 again and it was there

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

I have a backlog of like 200 games, I have games on the shelf I forgot I had

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I wouldn't say "forget" since I know what games I own but yeah sometimes I'll casually look through my library or my DLC stuff and look back at stuff I haven't played in a long time that I haven't been thinking of at all. Unfortunately though I do also have a huge backlog of games to play and I don't always get around to older games.
Amnesiac23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

User Lists: 2

#6 Amnesiac23
Member since 2006 • 8470 Posts
Yes. And my hard drive is only a 20GB, so there isn't much on it. lol Just the other day I rediscovered Puzzle Quest and I was quite happy.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#8 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

This is exactly one of the reasons why I hate the current xbox dashboard. when you go to games, it should show a list of ALL of the games that you own on HDD and the ones that you have on disc. it is that simple. they instead have this stupid consumer user interface that is garbage when it comes to displaying tactful information. plus it only uses like half of your screen which is dumb as hell. anyways, just help me riot and overtake the current look of the dashboard. its gay nuff said.

om3g4_prim3

That's a very disrespectful thing to say.

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts
I often find loads of demos I downloaded but forgot to try. Found Daytona USA sitting on my Xbox the other day... although I wish I hadn't found it.
Starkzard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Starkzard
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts

I do sometimes, when it comes to Arcade, Indie games and even some DLC.

om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 om3g4_prim3
Member since 2011 • 110 Posts

bwahaha. hilarious. I did the same thing man, i loaded it up, and it was a TOTAL disgrace to both the real arcade version AND the saturn version.

om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 om3g4_prim3
I will apologize formally to you for that last bit. sorry mate. ;)
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

This is exactly one of the reasons why I hate the current xbox dashboard. when you go to games, it should show a list of ALL of the games that you own on HDD and the ones that you have on disc. it is that simple. they instead have this stupid consumer user interface that is garbage when it comes to displaying tactful information. plus it only uses like half of your screen which is dumb as hell. anyways, just help me riot and overtake the current look of the dashboard. its gay nuff said.

om3g4_prim3
Tactful: displaying the ability to broach a touchy subject without causing offense. An example in the opposite: your concluding statement was tactless. I believe the word you were groping for was "useful." Beyond all that, I dislike the "green squares" interface immensely; it seems like they intended to use up less space so as to let you see more of your preferred background image/theme, but they botched it because the green squares take up the center of each image. It's especially frustrating with games that have a lot of dlc- in that case you're stuck scrolling through three times as many pages worth of stuff. And it looks boring.
om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 om3g4_prim3

[QUOTE="om3g4_prim3"]

El_Zo1212o

Tactful: displaying the ability to broach a touchy subject without causing offense. An example in the opposite: your concluding statement was tactless. I believe the word you were groping for was "useful." Beyond all that, I dislike the "green squares" interface immensely; it seems like they intended to use up less space so as to let you see more of your preferred background image/theme, but they botched it because the green squares take up the center of each image. It's especially frustrating with games that have a lot of dlc- in that case you're stuck scrolling through three times as many pages worth of stuff. And it looks boring.

Tactful : (as defined at dictionary.com) - a keen sense of what is appropriate,tasteful,or aesthetically pleasing;taste;discrimination. Thanks for your input though. Just do more research before you become such a critique. clown.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 El_Zo1212o
Tactful : (as defined at dictionary.com) - a keen sense of what is appropriate,tasteful,or aesthetically pleasing;taste;discrimination. Thanks for your input though. Just do more research before you become such a critique. clown.om3g4_prim3
Are you suggesting that an inanimate object can display "a keen sense of what is... aesthetically pleasing"? Better luck next time, friend.
om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 om3g4_prim3
some people just cannot admit when they are wrong... I get it. This is just another reflection of your ignorance, as well as your inability to analyze a paragraph let alone correctly identify a word that is used in context. I was saying that the people that created it failed to deliver any real tactful information on screen. either your just a troll.....or just simply a moron. personally I would play the troll card and leave it alone, at least that way you can get away with your pride that seems to mean so much to you. its getting to the point where its like dealing with a child with you. I correct you on something then you try to argue something else. its lame dude. grow up.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 El_Zo1212o
some people just cannot admit when they are wrong... I get it. This is just another reflection of your ignorance, as well as your inability to analyze a paragraph let alone correctly identify a word that is used in context. I was saying that the people that created it failed to deliver any real tactful information on screen. either your(sic) just a troll.....or just simply a moron. personally I would play the troll card and leave it alone, at least that way you can get away with your pride that seems to mean so much to you. its(sic) getting to the point where its like dealing with a child with you. I correct you on something then you try to argue something else. its lame dude. grow up.om3g4_prim3
Kindly note that you are the only one here hurling insults. You directly attributed the word "tactful" the the information provided by the system, not to the people who designed it.
they instead have this stupid consumer user interface that is garbage when it comes to displaying tactful information.om3g4_prim3
Again, the information cannot be tactful, as tact reflects an attitude displayed in conversation, not to one's perception of information provided by an inanimate object. You talk about how I can't understand a word when used in context, but you fail(utterly) to realize that you used the word OUT of context. Even if you had used the word in connection with the designers in that statement, it still would have been wrong because "tact" has only to do with one's attitude toward another. Also, I don't remember ever having a discussion like this with you, so I don't know what you're getting all riled up about. And lastly, for my own tribute to my perceived superiority: retake a high school english class, friend.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 El_Zo1212o
TL;DR: Tactful =/= Useful. (Just in case you're unfamiliar with that symbol, it means, "Does not equal," or "Is not equal to.")
om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 om3g4_prim3
And ONCE AGAIN......I will explain to you very simply... that it is possible for an object... and get this... an inanimate object... which you seem to be so stuck on... to to be lacking in the sense of a descriptive adjective. for instance.... the xbox dashboard was designed poorly and was lacking any real tactful information. in the instance that i described in my sentence, it is referring to the creators of the dashboard. not that the dashboard itself was capable of being tactful in the sense you are mistaking the xbox for a sentient AI capable of emotion and self awareness. its really not that complicated. But then here you go again, making a claim that I ever mistook tactful for being equal to useful. you did that on your own arguing about something else after you are corrected.... again. know that ADJECTIVES......can and always will be used to describe inanimate objects or ideas. "they instead have this stupid consumer user interface that is garbage when it comes to displaying tactful information" - this is my original statement, read it again. tell me its wrong.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 El_Zo1212o
And ONCE AGAIN......I will explain to you very simply... that it is possible for an object... and get this... an inanimate object... which you seem to be so stuck on... to to be lacking in the sense of a descriptive adjective. for instance.... the xbox dashboard was designed poorly and was lacking any real tactful information. in the instance that i described in my sentence, it is referring to the creators of the dashboard. not that the dashboard itself was capable of being tactful in the sense you are mistaking the xbox for a sentient AI capable of emotion and self awareness. its really not that complicated. But then here you go again, making a claim that I ever mistook tactful for being equal to useful. you did that on your own arguing about something else after you are corrected.... again. know that ADJECTIVES......can and always will be used to describe inanimate objects or ideas. "they instead have this stupid consumer user interface that is garbage when it comes to displaying tactful information" - this is my original statement, read it again. tell me its wrong.om3g4_prim3
"To be lacking any real tactful information." You show me an excerpt from ANYTHING using the word "tactful" in the way you insist on using it, and I will declare that you are right and that I am, in fact, a moron. Until then, you can try to explain it until you're blue in the face, and you'll still be using the word incorrectly. Tool. By the bye, I love how you claim you're going to explain it simply, then you build a small wall of text around fragmented and run-on sentences that meander wildly from the point. Good show. You'll note that I specifically quoted that line from your original misuse of the word in my last post and added emphasis to show how- regardless of what it sounded like in your head- what you wrote attributes tact to the Xbox 360's dashboard. I also don't understand how you keep going on and on about me changing arguments. From the outset, my complaint has been that you misused the word "tact." When I asked you about your definition of the word, I was pointing out how according to that definition, you STILL used the word incorrectly.
om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 om3g4_prim3
And again......Focus on what your arguing about and stop going all over the place with your desperation. The point is, that I used the word correctly as the definition of the word warrants. that is all. your a waste of time. Just know that you are wrong, and the word was used correctly in the sentence. Period. I do not need to give you examples or pictures or graphs. if you want to argue that i was incorrect, then you are the one that should be citing sources to prove that your criticisms are indeed accurate. either way, it is most definitely not an inappropriate use of the word until you can prove otherwise.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 El_Zo1212o
I can show you any number of examples showing how the word is supposed to be used. You are unable to come up with a single sentence on the whole of the internet showing a usage similar to yours because YOU USED THE WORD INCORRECTLY. According to Webster's 1913 edition: "Careful consideration in dealing with others to avoid giving offense." According to Dictionary.com: "Skill in handling delicate situations." According to Merriam-Webster's online: "Sensitive mental or aesthetic perception ([he] converted the novel to a play with remarkable skill and tact) "A keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid giving offense. "Examples: 1. The peace talks required great tact on the part of both leaders. I was surprised by his lack of tact." click here for a number of examples of the word in it's proper use. Note how all of the uses(aside from the odd 'contact' uses) all refer to a person, not an inanimate object. So far, I haven't been able to turn up anything saying word-for-word "you're not supposed to use the word 'tact' in connection with inanimate objects." I can only attribute this to my belief that everyone on the internet(and thus nearly everyone on the planet) knows that tact is a distinctly human trait. Lastly, I'd like you to quote all of my posts in this thread and point out instances of me "going all over the place in my desperation." Because honestly, I've read and reread everything I've posted here and all I see is me arguing over and over that you, in attributing tact to an object incapable of delicacy, consideration and, well, tact, used the word incorrectly. At first you attempted to deny that you did so, and so I showed that what you thought you were saying means nothing when compared to what you actually said.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Yup, this has happened to me. I found a couple of arcade games that I bought when they were on sale. Still haven't played them yet, though.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 El_Zo1212o
Yup, this has happened to me. I found a couple of arcade games that I bought when they were on sale. Still haven't played them yet, though.RoslindaleOne
Which ones? I've done that more than once. moondiver, unbound stories(or something like that), Bionic Commando: Rearmed1&2... geez, that list is bigger than I thought...
om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 om3g4_prim3
All I asked you to do was to prove me wrong, not tell me what the word tact means or how it is used in other sources. again, stick to the dilemma at hand. all you have to do is prove that i used the word incorrectly, and you will be good to go. simple and clean.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]Yup, this has happened to me. I found a couple of arcade games that I bought when they were on sale. Still haven't played them yet, though.El_Zo1212o
Which ones? I've done that more than once. moondiver, unbound stories(or something like that), Bionic Commando: Rearmed1&2... geez, that list is bigger than I thought...

Funny you mentioned Bionic Commando: Rearmed because that's one of them! And IloMilo.

EDIT: Oh, and Torchlight.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 El_Zo1212o
All I asked you to do was to prove me wrong, not tell me what the word tact means or how it is used in other sources. again, stick to the dilemma at hand. all you have to do is prove that i used the word incorrectly, and you will be good to go. simple and clean.om3g4_prim3
I can't prove a negative. You have to prove you're right. I've listed numerous sources showing my argument is correct, and you've shown none to prove yours. Thus far, the score is me: 5 definitions + over a dozen examples, you: nothing but you running your mouth(figuratively speaking). If you continue arguing without any scrap of a webpage to back you up, I'm gonna have to call you a zealot on par with a late-night televangelist and have done with it. (Btw, next time, don't argue words with an English major.)
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 El_Zo1212o

[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"][QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]Yup, this has happened to me. I found a couple of arcade games that I bought when they were on sale. Still haven't played them yet, though.RoslindaleOne

Funny you mentioned Bionic Commando: Rearmed because that's one of them! And IloMilo.

EDIT: Oh, and Torchlight.

I played From Dust for about a week before I put it down and forgot about it. Tell you what I loved, though, was Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. With the Kane and Lynch DLC.
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#29 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
Yeah, sometimes I forget that I have Dragon's Age and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 on my hard drive.
Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
Occasionally. I completely forgot I have Borderlands till I saw it a few days ago... I rarely play it though.
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
[QUOTE="om3g4_prim3"]All I asked you to do was to prove me wrong, not tell me what the word tact means or how it is used in other sources. again, stick to the dilemma at hand. all you have to do is prove that i used the word incorrectly, and you will be good to go. simple and clean.El_Zo1212o
I can't prove a negative. You have to prove you're right. I've listed numerous sources showing my argument is correct, and you've shown none to prove yours. Thus far, the score is me: 5 definitions + over a dozen examples, you: nothing but you running your mouth(figuratively speaking). If you continue arguing without any scrap of a webpage to back you up, I'm gonna have to call you a zealot on par with a late-night televangelist and have done with it. (Btw, next time, don't argue words with an English major.)

This has been a fun argument to follow. I was thoroughly entertained.
om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 om3g4_prim3
That makes me laugh so hard. your an ENGLISH MAJOR? and you pick this place to use your specialty to come here to a gaming forum to prey on people? and you STILL cant prove me wrong?! that makes you even more laughable than before when you tell someone that they are wrong for using a word in a sentence, and then simply cannot provide any proof of your criticisms? you are such a joke. I know when I make an attempt to correct someone, I do not ask them to defend their case first. that's just ridiculous. Oh , and bobdood99.......I enjoyed this myself quite thoroughly. My advice to you english major, is to STAY IN SCHOOL. oh.....and prove me wrong......PLEASE. i will gladly accept the fact that I am incorrect if you can prove why. just go back to school and ask your teacher for the love of god. and lets hear what she / he has to say. I do not care how many examples you throw at me.... and here it is once more.......ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.... is prove that i used the word "tactful" in my original sentence incorrectly, and I will gladly accept your correction. What is with you? your next post better have some type of proof that I used that word wrong, or you should just punch yourself in the groin several times with your face. If you cannot prove a NEGATIVE.....then guess what.....I AM RIGHT. This war must end. and there can be only ONE!!!!
driftingsilvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 driftingsilvia
Member since 2005 • 4089 Posts

I have a bunch of arcade games I found, and continued to not play.

bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
[QUOTE="om3g4_prim3"]That makes me laugh so hard. your an ENGLISH MAJOR? and you pick this place to use your specialty to come here to a gaming forum to prey on people? and you STILL cant prove me wrong?! that makes you even more laughable than before when you tell someone that they are wrong for using a word in a sentence, and then simply cannot provide any proof of your criticisms? you are such a joke. I know when I make an attempt to correct someone, I do not ask them to defend their case first. that's just ridiculous. Oh , and bobdood99.......I enjoyed this myself quite thoroughly. My advice to you english major, is to STAY IN SCHOOL. oh.....and prove me wrong......PLEASE. i will gladly accept the fact that I am incorrect if you can prove why. just go back to school and ask your teacher for the love of god. and lets hear what she / he has to say. I do not care how many examples you throw at me.... and here it is once more.......ALL YOU HAVE TO DO.... is prove that i used the word "tactful" in my original sentence incorrectly, and I will gladly accept your correction. What is with you? your next post better have some type of proof that I used that word wrong, or you should just punch yourself in the groin several times with your face. If you cannot prove a NEGATIVE.....then guess what.....I AM RIGHT. This war must end. and there can be only ONE!!!!

Actually, I was thoroughly enjoying watching El_Zo1212o correct you.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 El_Zo1212o
@Bobdood: Glad I could brighten up your day, friend :D
if you cannot prove a NEGATIVE.....then guess what.....I AM RIGHTom3g4_prim3
Bravo, Sir! You have just blown a hole the size of Mt. Rushmore in your credibility. Let me explain how that is the dumbest thing you've said so far(while at the same time explaining why the responsibility falls to you): I've planted an invisible, perfectly silent and totally uncapturable unicorn in your bedroom. Now prove to me it doesn't exist. (Protip: that's an illustration explaining why proving a negative is IMPOSSIBLE.)
om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 om3g4_prim3
Once AGAIN.... stick to the subject matter. all you have to do is prove that I used the word wrong. you cannot do it. it is a hole that you dug yourself, and just continually gives me joy to watch you struggle with your own incompetency. your still a moron because we are talking about ENGLISH and the proper use of words, which can ABSOLUTELY be proven wrong if indeed that is true. not some lame ass unicorn story that you have seemed to conjure to back up your fruitless attempt to make yourself feel better. In reality, that unicorn story has nothing to do with this argument. you have all the tools you need at your disposal to prove me wrong if indeed that I am. this is not imaginary... language is tangible. nice try though. well... actually not even. Prove me wrong please english major. Bobdood, please.... stay in your lane. the last thing I need is El Zorro's cheerleaders rooting for him on the sidelines, when he has still yet to prove my incorrect use of the word "tactful". maybe you can help him out since you think he has "corrected" me when in fact he has done nothing of the sort.
om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 om3g4_prim3

Oh, and what I love MOST... is that you will keep spilling bullkrap out of your mouth that has nothing to do with proving me wrong. just pitiful attempts at scrounging up the last bit of dignity that you have. Just Prove that i am wrong please, or admit that i used the word correctly.... so we can get this over with. its gone too far in the first place. El Zorro needs all the help he can get right now boddood... all the help in the world wont change anything though, because the word was properly used.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 El_Zo1212o
It's like trying to convince a zealot his holy underwear isn't listed anywhere in the bible. He keeps saying "show me where it says we aren't supposed to wear holy underwear." The issue of holy underwear is so ridiculous it is never even approached, but that makes no difference to the zealot. And with that, I'm finished with you, you witless bafoon.
om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 om3g4_prim3
With that... your an idiot, and a coward that cannot admit defeat when it looks you in the face. good day sir.
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
Yup, totally forgot that I had downloaded spolsion man when it first came out....still haven't played it.
om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 om3g4_prim3
splosion man is was actually very fun. I did not know it had co op... but to my surprise... the co op elements in the game were well done. they require you to work as a team. and I think it supports 4 player if I remember correctly. Great platformer though. it even has online co op through a separate campaign which is a blast.