Has anyone recently bought a 360, like in the past month or so

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for qoakzmwisjxneud
qoakzmwisjxneud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 qoakzmwisjxneud
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
i just wanna know if its been working fine and no probs at all, and do u regret it?
mariohughes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 mariohughes87
Member since 2004 • 736 Posts
Got it 2 days ago. No problems whatsoever exept the fact that the console box had crushed a copy of Gears of War ( I eventually got a replacement ) which was in the same delivery box. I have to say whoever designed the controller deserves a raise for the next decade.
earvcunanan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 earvcunanan
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
I got my Xbox 360 in December of 2006 and I've only experienced freezing issues. I don't know what causes this, but I'll find out.
fakkhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fakkhead
Member since 2005 • 887 Posts
got my 360 2-3 weeks ago and so far I've had ZERO problems
bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
Got mine for X-mas and have had freezing problems, as well as a few red rings of death. Only froze on me a few times but have gotten the red ring when booting up the system at least ten times already. Mostly have to just turn it off, wait a few secs. and turn back on but still gives you a heart murmur every time it happens. Do I regret the purchase ( well I didn't pay for it so can't regret it ) no, Gears of War is that damn good but I can say that since my Wii purchase it has not froze or misfired upon boot- up a single time so far and I bought it on Wii launch Nov. 19. Not too worried as I took the 360 receipt back to the store and bought an extended warranty on Boxing Day ( that's Dec. 26 to all you non-Canadians) so if it craps out I'll get a new one- and I fully expect that to be the case eventually but it will be a hassle. Quality of hardware is definately not top-tier with M$ but if your system isn't a dud, you'll be pleased with the purchase.
crazymunda6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 crazymunda6
Member since 2004 • 1389 Posts
Ya i got mine all the way back in like August of 2006 and i have had little to non issues. However i have had a couple of freezes here and there.
MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#7 MorkkiTH
Member since 2005 • 828 Posts
I Have had 360 since day 1 and I have had ZERO problems! No freezing, no overheating, nothing! And yes I play my 360 everyday and sometimes many many hours.
bubnux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bubnux
Member since 2006 • 1934 Posts
Got it 2 days ago. No problems whatsoever exept the fact that the console box had crushed a copy of Gears of War ( I eventually got a replacement ) which was in the same delivery box. I have to say whoever designed the controller deserves a raise for the next decade.mariohughes87
Whoever designed the d-pad should have to watch his mother be beaten with a rubber hose.
DrStewie04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrStewie04
Member since 2005 • 543 Posts
i got mine on december 26th, 2006 and i never had any problems. but i barely played my xbox 360 until a week ago when i finally got xbox live, so i'm not sure. i'm pretty sure there won't be any problems:)
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115435 Posts
bought mine in oct06, no problems ever, no freezing, nothing
DMkViCiOUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DMkViCiOUS
Member since 2007 • 46 Posts
i got mine last month and i had zero problems with it. And no i dont regret it at all i had a choice to get a ps3 or 360 and im glad i picked up the 360.
xtrailer188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xtrailer188
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I've had mine for a month. When I play Gears of War, I've received a few "bad disk" messages, but otherwise it's been fine. A bit noisy, but fine.
acekall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 acekall
Member since 2003 • 3676 Posts
[QUOTE="mariohughes87"]Got it 2 days ago. No problems whatsoever exept the fact that the console box had crushed a copy of Gears of War ( I eventually got a replacement ) which was in the same delivery box. I have to say whoever designed the controller deserves a raise for the next decade.bubnux
Whoever designed the d-pad should have to watch his mother be beaten with a rubber hose.

word, D-pad sucks, especially for fighters such as DOA4
X-Fade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 X-Fade
Member since 2006 • 2681 Posts

I bought mine 2 monthes back and haven't had any problems well Saints Row have froze two times before but thats all :)

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts
What kind of freezing problems are you experiencing? Is it just a temporary pause and then the game resumes? Or do you have to restart everything?
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
[QUOTE="mariohughes87"]Got it 2 days ago. No problems whatsoever exept the fact that the console box had crushed a copy of Gears of War ( I eventually got a replacement ) which was in the same delivery box. I have to say whoever designed the controller deserves a raise for the next decade.bubnux

its actually pretty good once you get used to it, it took me a while but now i prefer it over other controllers
Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts
I got mine the day after Christmas. Recently I have had a few freezing issues but it's usually only when I'm online so maybe it has something to do with my connection but I'm not positive. I haven't gotten any red rings though so that's good
madnarg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 madnarg
Member since 2003 • 43 Posts

I bought mine right before christmas and have had a few minor issues. Maybe four or five times I've heard the DVD drive start chirping as it reads. Of those few times I saw the "bad disk" message pop up twice.

Is this a bad sign? I bought the extended warranty from Best Buy so should I take it back before it destroys any games?

jpgalindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 jpgalindo
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

well I got mine on January and I haven't had any problems with it

ps: this is my second 360 first one gave me the 3 red lights 7 months after I bought it, thats why I bought a 3 year warranty at target

viper3885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 viper3885
Member since 2006 • 531 Posts
I've had it since launch and it broke two times, then MS finally sent me a newer console about six months ago. This newer one runs like a charm, it's only frozen on my twice and that was like a freak accident of me trying to go into an option at the same time as my crappy modem crashed and it'd lose internet. Plus I got the new quiter DVD drive which is half as loud as the original.
bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts
got mine about 2 weeks ago, and it works fine. i dont regret it because i didnt pay for it. i wasnt planning on getting one since i already bought a ps3 and my neighbor has a 360, but my grandpa came to visit and got it for me as a late birthday gift. it's awesome and i'm playing it a lot more than my ps3, because of the ps3's current lack of good games.
Chaism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Chaism
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts
Got mine in January no problems at all,Mine hardly even gets warm unlike some horror stories of it being very hot. Have not regretted the purchase yet myself.
gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts
got mine when it first came on in the uk... it broke in febuary,, got a new one and it broke in november 2006 and microsoft are being ****.... so been without 1 for ages... but i sent it away today to a place in my home country scotland, so it will be back soon :)
-Y2J-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -Y2J-
Member since 2005 • 1000 Posts
bought mine last nov, been perfect ever since. and about the the controller - it perfect but the dpad sucks it would be better if it was like the ps3 one
vejkis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vejkis
Member since 2004 • 176 Posts
Got mine in the latter half of January, working mighty fine! I occasionally had a freeze or two but nothing that made an impact. I have to say that buying a 360 may be the best decision I've done this year. :wink:
shadybizkit123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 shadybizkit123
Member since 2004 • 1743 Posts
got mine mid-janurary, only a couple freezes, and every now and then it'll tell me the disc is unreadable (this has happended on more than one game, so i know its not the discs)
zeroncali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 zeroncali
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts

Got mine Jan. I have only had some freezing issues, but mostly while playing RSV so i think the game might be the problem. Have done many all nighters with no problems.  My xbox live went BOOM once but that was kind of a freak accident kind of thing.

P.S. I have no gripe with the D-Pad so I dont know what the other peeps are talking about.

swizzlar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 swizzlar
Member since 2005 • 638 Posts
had mine since january this year and its been smooth sailing since then. hope i dont jinx it now and it breaks
MHobbs87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MHobbs87
Member since 2006 • 165 Posts
I've had mine since November and haven't had any problems *knock on wood*.
FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FancyKetchup25
Member since 2006 • 3007 Posts
Got mine 5 days ago, hooked up to my monitor and im playing gears and mlb 2k7 on it,  its really great and i love it alot.  no problems, just wish i had more cash so i could buy some more games.