Hardest Achievement

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OdinDragoonX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 OdinDragoonX
Member since 2003 • 1564 Posts
The hardest achievment I have seen would have to be completely 2 Shoot the moons in a row for Hardwood Spades.
Model-007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Model-007
Member since 2005 • 2329 Posts
The hardest 350 points can be achived by completing COD 2 on Veteran. Its bluudy tough. But you also get 60 points for each campaign, and basically if you complete it on veteran you will get all the 1000 points the game has to offer
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
i dont know what shoot the moon is,  but i do know beating cod2 on veteran is hard,  and quake4 has an achievement "be ranked #1 in the world on live.".  being #1 has got to be tough on any game,  after all you have to be better than everyone else that plays the game.  not even top 10 is good enought,  top 3 isn't good enough.  you have to be #1 period.
Munkyman587

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Munkyman587
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts

i dont know what shoot the moon is,  but i do know beating cod2 on veteran is hard,  and quake4 has an achievement "be ranked #1 in the world on live.".  being #1 has got to be tough on any game,  after all you have to be better than everyone else that plays the game.  not even top 10 is good enought,  top 3 isn't good enough.  you have to be #1 period.rdo

Yea, I was going to say the #1 rank in Tiger Woods is the hardest I have seen from my games, but I guess a few have that lame achievement. 

tenorio_rotc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 tenorio_rotc
Member since 2003 • 3447 Posts
Completing Smash TV without dying.  Impossible.
Mother-Beef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Mother-Beef
Member since 2005 • 769 Posts
prob cod2 veteran... i havnt got my 360 yet..,. but every1 seems to think its the hardest..
noonlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 noonlight
Member since 2005 • 537 Posts
finish pdz on dark agent you mean
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#9 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

prob cod2 veteran... i havnt got my 360 yet..,. but every1 seems to think its the hardest..Mother-Beef

I just bought my 360 today and rented CoD2. I have played it before though. Beating most of it on Veteran is easy....beating the D-Day campaign is the hardest part.

dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 dcno07
Member since 2002 • 2858 Posts

[QUOTE="rdo"]i dont know what shoot the moon is,  but i do know beating cod2 on veteran is hard,  and quake4 has an achievement "be ranked #1 in the world on live.".  being #1 has got to be tough on any game,  after all you have to be better than everyone else that plays the game.  not even top 10 is good enought,  top 3 isn't good enough.  you have to be #1 period.Munkyman587

Yea, I was going to say the #1 rank in Tiger Woods is the hardest I have seen from my games, but I guess a few have that lame achievement. 

lol wtf... the only game that i have EVER been in the top 5 in was ESPN NFL2k5.. but my friend and i played for about 3 weeks to get that rank........... blood, sweat, and 2 broken controllers...btw how many achievement points do you get if you get #1 in one of those games?

-James-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 -James-
Member since 2006 • 655 Posts
I completed two of the missions on Veteran, but the UK desert missions when you are following the tanks is too hard. I just get owned! :( Ah well... I'll keep trying lol
rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
[QUOTE="Munkyman587"]

[QUOTE="rdo"]i dont know what shoot the moon is,  but i do know beating cod2 on veteran is hard,  and quake4 has an achievement "be ranked #1 in the world on live.".  being #1 has got to be tough on any game,  after all you have to be better than everyone else that plays the game.  not even top 10 is good enought,  top 3 isn't good enough.  you have to be #1 period.dcno07

lol wtf... the only game that i have EVER been in the top 5 in was ESPN NFL2k5.. but my friend and i played for about 3 weeks to get that rank........... blood, sweat, and 2 broken controllers...btw how many achievement points do you get if you get #1 in one of those games?

it wasn't that many,  less than 100 i believe. 
apocolipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 apocolipz
Member since 2004 • 1002 Posts
Beat Smash T.V. without dieing.
dcno07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 dcno07
Member since 2002 • 2858 Posts
[QUOTE="dcno07"][QUOTE="Munkyman587"]

[QUOTE="rdo"]i dont know what shoot the moon is,  but i do know beating cod2 on veteran is hard,  and quake4 has an achievement "be ranked #1 in the world on live.".  being #1 has got to be tough on any game,  after all you have to be better than everyone else that plays the game.  not even top 10 is good enought,  top 3 isn't good enough.  you have to be #1 period.rdo

it wasn't that many,  less than 100 i believe. 

lol... they should give you like 5000.... then i MIGHT give that a try...

SuperRacerC91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#15 SuperRacerC91
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
probably beating PDZ on dark difficulty alone which only gets you about 50 points
keepereio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 keepereio
Member since 2003 • 391 Posts
Completing Smash TV without dying.  Impossible. tenorio_rotc
webby1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#17 webby1
Member since 2004 • 4014 Posts

probably beating PDZ on dark difficulty alone which only gets you about 50 pointsSuperRacerC91

But playing through on Dark agent is good cause just got doing 1 level and 5 levels u get seperate points.

forensick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 forensick
Member since 2003 • 107 Posts
Beating Smash TV without continuing is by far the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. I'm 99.99% certian is physically impossible. I'd love to be proved wrong by some madman though.
brak123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 brak123456789
Member since 2004 • 681 Posts
Finish PDZ on Perfect Agen. Or Geometry War crazy 1million points without dying.magicalclick
thats not very hard single player is easy
colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#20 colinjennison
Member since 2005 • 458 Posts
I'm done PDZ on dark agent, COD2 on Veteran, Gun on insane, among others. Hardest achievements by far are arcade achievements. Smash TV is probably the hardest I've seen. I've scored 860,000 in geometry wars so i'm almost at 1,000,000 in that. The shoot the moon one that the OP mentioned in spades is ridiculously tough though, i tried it for a bit. Completing wave 100 in joust or robotron is damn near impossible as well.
Lungz5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lungz5
Member since 2002 • 1740 Posts
The smash TV one is hard, and I actually beleive that completing Quake4 on General Difficulty is more difficult than CoD2 on Veteran, I am jsut about done with Vet for CoD2, but I'm pretty sur eI could never complete general in Q4
colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 colinjennison

The smash TV one is hard, and I actually beleive that completing Quake4 on General Difficulty is more difficult than CoD2 on Veteran, I am jsut about done with Vet for CoD2, but I'm pretty sur eI could never complete general in Q4 Lungz5

General in Q4 is technically easier, but only because you can save any time you want too. Technically if you were determined to beat it you could save after every battle you found tough, and take it step by step. Unfortunately, regardless of whether you save frequently or don't save at all, you will die a lot on general, and the load times in Q4 are HORRIBLE. It's just not worth it.

Dark-Hero1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#23 Dark-Hero1991
Member since 2005 • 1271 Posts
Call Of Duty 2 on Veteran is easy. I have nearly completed it on Veteran, I have 2 more campaigns left.
Lungz5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lungz5

[QUOTE="Lungz5"]The smash TV one is hard, and I actually beleive that completing Quake4 on General Difficulty is more difficult than CoD2 on Veteran, I am jsut about done with Vet for CoD2, but I'm pretty sur eI could never complete general in Q4 colinjennison

General in Q4 is technically easier, but only because you can save any time you want too. Technically if you were determined to beat it you could save after every battle you found tough, and take it step by step. Unfortunately, regardless of whether you save frequently or don't save at all, you will die a lot on general, and the load times in Q4 are HORRIBLE. It's just not worth it.

Yeah, but CoD2 has virtually no ammo issues, with the exception of sniper rounds on some levels. Quake4 you can have ammo issues all day long and have to back track like crazy.

colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 colinjennison
[QUOTE="colinjennison"]

[QUOTE="Lungz5"]The smash TV one is hard, and I actually beleive that completing Quake4 on General Difficulty is more difficult than CoD2 on Veteran, I am jsut about done with Vet for CoD2, but I'm pretty sur eI could never complete general in Q4 Lungz5

Yeah, but CoD2 has virtually no ammo issues, with the exception of sniper rounds on some levels. Quake4 you can have ammo issues all day long and have to back track like crazy.

Quake definately has more ammo issues than COD2, no argument there. But again, since you can save whenever you like, you would only save if you were satisfied you traversed the last section well, got lots of headshots etc. and didn't waste too much ammo. In COD2 you don't have this option, you can totally get screwed with a ****ty checkpoint if you're not careful. 

kquezada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kquezada
Member since 2004 • 241 Posts
Geometry wars:  survive 1,000,000 points.
Lungz5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Lungz5
[QUOTE="Lungz5"] [QUOTE="colinjennison"]

[QUOTE="Lungz5"]The smash TV one is hard, and I actually beleive that completing Quake4 on General Difficulty is more difficult than CoD2 on Veteran, I am jsut about done with Vet for CoD2, but I'm pretty sur eI could never complete general in Q4 colinjennison

Quake definately has more ammo issues than COD2, no argument there. But again, since you can save whenever you like, you would only save if you were satisfied you traversed the last section well, got lots of headshots etc. and didn't waste too much ammo. In COD2 you don't have this option, you can totally get screwed with a ****ty checkpoint if you're not careful.

I definitely agree with bad checkpoints, especially some levels have huge gaps between checkpoints, which can sometimes really make things annoying. I still don't see CoD2 being harder on Vet, the save makes things easier, but much more time consumng and still no guarantee to finish if you jsut can't kill something with the least ammount of ammo possible, or retain health. I think Quake 4 takes more skill where CoD2 takes more patience.
colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 colinjennison
If neither game had checkpoints or saves during a level like PDZ on Dark agent then yeah, Quake 4 would be tougher... well actually, both would be near impossible.
ezridax19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ezridax19
Member since 2004 • 1730 Posts
Hardest achivement I have seen so far is to complete Endless mode in Bejeweled. You need to get through 280 levels. It takes forever.
Also, getting number 1 in the Quake 4 leaderboard is pretty tough too!

colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 colinjennison

Hardest achivement I have seen so far is to complete Endless mode in Bejeweled. You need to get through 280 levels. It takes forever.
Also, getting number 1 in the Quake 4 leaderboard is pretty tough too!

ezridax19

Yeah, I got to level 20 today and it took like 2 horus and a bit and I started thinking wow... It is endless.

Oni_Ookami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 Oni_Ookami
Member since 2005 • 2765 Posts

The hardest achievment I have seen would have to be completely 2 Shoot the moons in a row for Hardwood Spades.OdinDragoonX

Getting a 10X multiplier in Geometry Wars has to be way up there...i think only a hand full of people have it.

colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 colinjennison

[QUOTE="OdinDragoonX"]The hardest achievment I have seen would have to be completely 2 Shoot the moons in a row for Hardwood Spades.Oni_Ookami

Getting a 10X multiplier in Geometry Wars has to be way up there...i think only a hand full of people have it.

Yeah, I doubt I'll ever get that lol. I'll be happy when I hit a million. I was so close today at just over 800,000.highest multiplier I've got was 7 or 8. one guy on my friends list "hypoetical" I think his name is has all the points in geometry wars and his top score is like 3 million sumthin. insanity. smash TV with no continues is still the most impossible ****

alangeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 alangeorge
Member since 2005 • 1986 Posts

Tiger Woods 06

1000 online matches that would take ages

Funky_Hamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Funky_Hamster
Member since 2005 • 6593 Posts

The hardest 350 points can be achived by completing COD 2 on Veteran. Its bluudy tough. But you also get 60 points for each campaign, and basically if you complete it on veteran you will get all the 1000 points the game has to offerModel-007

8) I've done that one baby

http://live.xbox.com/en-GB/profile/profile.aspx

smartparts33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 smartparts33
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts
The hardest 350 points can be achived by completing COD 2 on Veteran. Its bluudy tough. But you also get 60 points for each campaign, and basically if you complete it on veteran you will get all the 1000 points the game has to offerModel-007
done :)
deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts
it is not that hard at all actually...any game that requires u to be number 1 in the world is obviously the toughest...bc only 1 person can get this achievement...i myself have gotten the call of duty achievements(all 1000) and there is no way i am the best at it in the world so obviously someone else has done it, therefore making it not the toughest...tiger woods or quake #1 in world is definetly the toughest...use some common sense people
colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 colinjennison
Judging from how I thought it was one of the easier achievements, and how most people post saying they've done it, I think we can conclude that COD2 on Veteran is definately not the hardest achievement.
benaal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 benaal
Member since 2003 • 33 Posts
I have the dark agent award in PDZ, and I think it is probably the hardest achievement that can actually be done.  Only a handful of people in the world have earned that one.
deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts
well if i really wanted to play the terrible missions on PDZ i could possibly do the dark missions, but since the missions are terrible why would i want to play them on the 3 previous difficulties just to have the opportunity to play on dark agent...wait i wouldnt want to waste my time...the multiplayer is the only thing the game has going for it(I like it alot)...
colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 colinjennison

I have the dark agent award in PDZ, and I think it is probably the hardest achievement that can actually be done.  Only a handful of people in the world have earned that one.benaal

I think it's over a hundred people now. When I did it about a month ago it was like 58 people or something. That was definately one of the tougher achievements. But I think this post is about the hardest achievement that exists, not the hardest one that's possible by most gamers. I would say PDZ Dark Agent is possible to anyone with enough determination, it's not that the levels are overly hard, it's just that you have no checkpoints so you have to be careful and meticulous.

colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 colinjennison

well if i really wanted to play the terrible missions on PDZ i could possibly do the dark missions, but since the missions are terrible why would i want to play them on the 3 previous difficulties just to have the opportunity to play on dark agent...wait i wouldnt want to waste my time...the multiplayer is the only thing the game has going for it(I like it alot)...deadbeat2381

Wow are you off target. First off, you only have to play it on perfect, than on dark. you don't have to play secret or agent. I never did. Secondly, the PDZ campaign was one of the best FPS campaigns I've played in a while in terms of gameplay. It was far beyond Halo 2's campaign in terms of diversity of levels (VERY diverse and gorgeously detailed levels) and gameplay choices (picking your own weapons, MANY different ways of approaching these levels). Of course, you only realize how good the game is when you challenge yourself to do the harder difficulties. The story wasn't anything special, I'll agree there. But I don't really play FPS games for the story.

capin131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 capin131
Member since 2004 • 1390 Posts
[QUOTE="tenorio_rotc"]Completing Smash TV without dying. Impossible.

That and Finish Wave 100 in Joust/Robotron.
miiiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#43 miiiguel
Member since 2005 • 1940 Posts
Regarding to PDZ, it's really a question of personal taste. It was my first game (thanks a lot GS!) for X360 and I think it sucks hard.
colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 colinjennison

Regarding to PDZ, it's really a question of personal taste. It was my first game (thanks a lot GS!) for X360 and I think it sucks hard. miiiguel

I disagree. EVeryone I know had the same first impression, including me. You have to get further into the game, and try the higher difficulties, really get to know the multiplayer map, play in some seriously fun full rooms, etc. before you really appreciate the game. I tried to go back and play Halo 2 recently and i LOVE that game and I still find PDZ more fun in some ways (choice of weapons, graphics is a given, map size, gametypes). If you're driven by a good story then no doubt yo uwill be put off by the start of this game, plus the missions aren't simple or inherently obvious how to do things sometimes so people say **** it. But this is a good game, it got good reviews for that reason, most of the reviewers actually PLAYED it.

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
I personally think my hardest "achievement" is getting out from in front of my darn 360 to do anything in the real world... I mean how much time can it suck from me! AAGGHH!
benaal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 benaal
Member since 2003 • 33 Posts

Are there really over a hundred who have beaten PDZ on dark now?  That is pretty surprising and impressive.  Missions like Jungle Storm, Outpost Rescue, and Temple Surveillance I think really require some perfection.

Is there a good place to get statistics on achievements?  Like how many people have achieved various achievements and also how many people play various 360 games?  It would be nice to see sales charts or "current xbox LIVE" usage stats to end some of the debates like which is more popular, PDZ or CoD2, and figure out: if I have the number 3 score in the world on the leaderboard for a PDZ mission (which I do), how many people are playing that game, so how impressive is that, really?  I'd love to see some of those statistics.

Hey Crono117, have you beat the PDZ co-op on dark?  I still need to do that some time, though I have beaten it on Agent and did beat a couple of missions on dark in co-op.

monkey_monger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 monkey_monger
Member since 2005 • 3096 Posts
CoD2 on veteran, im only 14 and it was so hard i pushed and pushed and wet mi self just so i could carry on playing

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
Kameos Co-Op. Not that its the HARDESt. But its most the tedious one
ReverieDLM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ReverieDLM
Member since 2004 • 1891 Posts
Has anyone gotten SmashTV with no continues?  Something tells me it'll never happen.
colinjennison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 colinjennison

Are there really over a hundred who have beaten PDZ on dark now?  That is pretty surprising and impressive.  Missions like Jungle Storm, Outpost Rescue, and Temple Surveillance I think really require some perfection.

Is there a good place to get statistics on achievements?  Like how many people have achieved various achievements and also how many people play various 360 games?  It would be nice to see sales charts or "current xbox LIVE" usage stats to end some of the debates like which is more popular, PDZ or CoD2, and figure out: if I have the number 3 score in the world on the leaderboard for a PDZ mission (which I do), how many people are playing that game, so how impressive is that, really?  I'd love to see some of those statistics.

Hey Crono117, have you beat the PDZ co-op on dark?  I still need to do that some time, though I have beaten it on Agent and did beat a couple of missions on dark in co-op.

benaal

Yeah, I did it on co-op. It's a lot easier, if you've beat it on single, it'll be a nice relief to be able to revive your buddy and stuff. It's not easy, but it's easier than single for sure. Some of the bosses they make a bit harder on purpose. Mission 4 was harder on co-op than single lol.

You can check out www.mygamercard.net for gamerscore leaderboards. The only way I know to check if people have completed PDZ dark agent is to look at the leaderboards for the ones who set the top records on the different levels, than see if they have the achievement. There should be a board that shows how many people got certain achievements and stuff, that would be kool. I'd look up some of those smash TV ones and see if anyone in the world got em lol