Halo takes no skill, Call of Duty takes no skill, GEARS DO TAKE SKILLS

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tomoward41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 tomoward41
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

Well i see alot of threads about "halo 3 takes no skill cod4 takes no skill blah blah blah. Well please shut your mouth about it, gears take skill so its really fun. The reason why people like halo 3 and cod4 more cuz its easier and people get in it. On the other hand on gears, if you suck, u wont have fun.

well anyways i just want you guys to just shut ur mouth about it and just play, in my opinion, cod4 is alot easier, had to admit it.... but its way more realistic than halo is. in halo you almost waste a whole clip just tryin to kill a guy without meleeing... WOW MEELING thats familiar and another thing i want to talk negative things about halo, well in slayer matches, lets say ur shootin a guy and hes almost dead and out of nowhere some guy pops out of nowhere and steals my kill. it seems a little unfair because i did the most damage to the guy #1 and guy #2 pops out of nowhere and steals my kill! in call of duty 4 everytime u do somethin and kill a guy, u r rewarded. but in halo 3 u have to win a frikkin match!!!! even though u have 30 kills or somethin. gears of war is also not realistic but it does take skill so ill pass that.

im not dissin halo 3, ill admit that cod4 is easier than halo 3.

well anyways theyre all great games.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
You left out the part where Gears of War players are elitists who would rather see the game die out then have more noobs on their team.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

My bro is sick at Gears, bbut he plays Halo3 and COD4 more.

Though he's only good at gears, because he's been playing long enough to get good at the Kungfu Backflip.

Oh and for Halo3 you get EXP for being in the top half for rumble pit/Lone wolves lol

And they do need to fix the melee system, but I find Halo's style more fun.
n the kill stealing part isn't really kill stealing. It's more like tactical assisstance from your team
better him dead than you right?

If only gears had more people.:(

Try to make sense of what I wrote and I'll give you a cookie.

tomoward41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tomoward41
Gears of war came out like last year dude, its obvious that people are playin cod4 and halo 3 more.
gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts
you also forgot that in gears people can steal your kills too.
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
gears WAS great,until the glitching and host problems and overpowered shotguns(headshots from across the map really) i never sucked at the game(unless i just learned to play it) but i went back to halo 2 after 2 months of palying.
Fxdm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 Fxdm
Member since 2005 • 94 Posts
Gear of War would be cool and take skill if it wasn't bogged down with so many glitches and possible exploits, imbalances in gameplay (melee'ing), and those people that scream at you for "stealing their cover."
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 forgetwatyahear
you also forgot that in gears people can steal your kills too.gagit811
THAT WAS MY DOWN.YOU SUCK!!!! i swear this was a TEAM based game.
tomoward41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tomoward41

true but you get points for downing a guy at least.

Avatar image for MasterChief2245
MasterChief2245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MasterChief2245
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I'm having a hard time wondering how you can say that Halo and COD do not take skill. Of course Halo and COD are going to be played more because their newer. Its like saying that when I get a new pair of shoes im not going to want to wear them. Gears does take skill, but there are some things in GOW that can make the game annoying like the fact that people can steal your kills. If you go through the trouble to down the enemy, I do think that you want to be credited for the kill, which in some cases you are not. Also, the whole crab walking is getting stupid and how people just quit in the middle of the match and arent penalized, such as in Halo when you loose EXP.

The gameplay in Gears of War is old news. When it first came out I can see where the gamers got all hyped up about it but now that there is a new taste of shooters out there they have moved onto something else and later. I like games that are realistic, therefore I like COD. Halo 3 is not the most realistic game out there but they dont have moves like the curb stomp and chainsaw that is extremely annoying. Also when you shoot someone with the shotgun, their guts go flying all over the place? What is that!

Another thing about GOW is the maps. The maps on GOW have never been appealing to me and I have always only played matches on gridlock. The other maps I couldn't care for. Also, the game types. I only really played warzone because I believe that if you shoot an opponent then he should not be able to get back up and start all over. Annex is fun, but can get boring over a long period of time. I want a game that I can play hours and hours straight.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ket87
Everytime I try to get into gears MP its not the glitches or the kill stealing or host advantage that turns me away from it. It is the community, I could not stand a single person on that game. They would curse you out for not doing good, complain the entire game about the other team doing too good, or talk trash the entire time. if they are doing good. Plus pretty much any negative player review about me always came from Gears of War because if your new to Gears of War and don't do good everyone knows that in the bible it says its a sin.
evil_pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 evil_pickle
Member since 2005 • 507 Posts

Gears of war, nope...Halo 3, nope....Call of Duty 4, nope...... Team fortress 2 Takes skill! but seriously I think all these games would have to imply someone having some sort of ability to beat another player online, therefore you would have to have "Skill" There will always be someone better(in most cases) then you so you would need to get better and beat them which would bring your skill up (to 9000!) So what I`m trying to say, most fps`s and games in general would take skill online to beat someone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#13 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

Halo gives people the ability to pull off mass amounts of slaughter with a twist of fun.

COD gives people the realism of modern warfare not to mention it contains a ton of intense fighting.

I can't say anything about GoW since I've never played it but whatever, it's old, so grow up already.

Not to mention your typing takes no skill.

1nverted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 1nverted
Member since 2006 • 1654 Posts
Gears is too laggy.
Virtuson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Virtuson
Member since 2004 • 3509 Posts
You left out the part where Gears of War players are elitists who would rather see the game die out then have more noobs on their team.Ket87
a HA HA HA
Colemenkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Colemenkiller
Member since 2008 • 133 Posts

see i agree with this statment because i dont have live yet so i play halo 3 cod4 and gears and i agree everytime i do the hard work weaking the one guy then some other guy comes out of nowhere and gets my kill. it happens in gears but nearly as much and gears is great still a great game and im plainig on buying it no matter what ppl say but i hate it when ppl glitch especially i dont own the game yet im frekishly good wit sniper and because my teams winning the a hole starts glitching to win so that's what sucks at least in halo and cod4 there arent as many glitches for ppl to cheat like theres no tommorow

thevarsmolta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thevarsmolta
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts

Gears was good up until around Christmas. But once every stupid kid got it for Christmas, it went to hell. The team play just seemed to disappear. It was like everyone had been playing Halo 2 up until Christmas, got Gears, and started playing it like it was Halo.

I made some great friends over Xbox Live around the launch of Gears. We had a group of about 20 of us that all knew eachother and played together as a team. We had 2 of our "friend servers" that we all played in. I would host matches, and everyone would want to join the game, but there wasn't room for everyone. People would be like "as soon as someone leaves, invite me!" It was good times. Gears of War and Rainbow 6 Vegas had the best Xbox Live communities at one point. But that changed.

All in all, Gears seemed like it was gonna be that shooter I'd be able to play for a year or two. It had a great community, good gameplay, and strategy and team play really counted for something. But that changed.

Like I said, Christmas, and all the glitches that followed absolutely RUINED the game. Epic should really be ashamed of how they let such a good game go to crap due to their inability to crack down on anything. Their "attempt" at stopping glitchers (the famous June 14th patch) was pretty rediculous. People had figured out how to glitch all over again within 24 hours of the patch coming out.

For you in the "got the game for Christmas" crowd, in the old days, instead of glitching with LB, you glitched with X. Good job, Epic. Just bind the "glitch" key to a different button, people won't figure it out...idiots.

The game WAS great, and still has the potential to be great. If they fix the glitches, and the community once again realizes how to play the game properly, it would be great. But I don't see that happening.

moonslashx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 moonslashx
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
Halo has never required skill, my friends refuse to believe this and say that is needs tactics, sure maybe a place to shoot but Gears of war has only four players per team so if you aren't skilled you will have no hope. Now the only reason Gears has elite players who don't accept the noobs is because of the four player limit but to be honest a group of friends who know there way around the game even if they have lost every game alone can handle a group of elite players who don't know each other. I would know, I have seen it done.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts

Everytime I try to get into gears MP its not the glitches or the kill stealing or host advantage that turns me away from it. It is the community, I could not stand a single person on that game. They would curse you out for not doing good, complain the entire game about the other team doing too good, or talk trash the entire time. if they are doing good. Plus pretty much any negative player review about me always came from Gears of War because if your new to Gears of War and don't do good everyone knows that in the bible it says its a sin.Ket87

QFT!

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts

Well i see alot of threads about "halo 3 takes no skill cod4 takes no skill blah blah blah. Well please shut your mouth about it,

tomoward41

dude...we can say the same to you for bringing up a topic that is totally based on opinion, no one plays like you, no one likes all the games that you play, and no one will like the fact that you are "shutting out mouths"....mouths that belong to thousands of people which will probably not like that condescending comment ESPECIALLY since you are just fueling the halo vs. CoD argument.....a pointless arguement nonetheless...

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
yea but you still get points every time you hurt someone
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#23 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
This is kind of true. Halo is just run and shoot. CoD4 does takes some skills. But just takes a lot of skills and it takes a while to get use to it.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
Hated Gears online when I first started because I was ridiculously bad and got owned, hard... I then went back to Halo 2. After I got decent at Gears, it became the most enjoyable experience (and still is) I've ever had playing video games.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts

Gear of War would be cool and take skill if it wasn't bogged down with so many glitches and possible exploits, imbalances in gameplay (melee'ing), and those people that scream at you for "stealing their cover."Fxdm

yea i hate that people glitch all the time...mostly i hate that u CAN glitch

Colemenkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Colemenkiller

Truely if you play any of the games some of them and it depends on who you are in there opinions it's either you have skill or not, basically I'm pretty good in Gears, and Halo 3, and I've only played co-op with my friend on COD4 and they are all fun no matter what but everyone will basically either suck at a game or be a god some games may just require talent.

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ket87

Truely if you play any of the games some of them and it depends on who you are in there opinions it's either you have skill or not, basically I'm pretty good in Gears, and Halo 3, and I've only played co-op with my friend on COD4 and they are all fun no matter what but everyone will basically either suck at a game or be a god some games may just require talent.

Colemenkiller

But there is no Co-Op on CoD4...and that is why you fail.

comptonst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 comptonst
Member since 2006 • 488 Posts
When i first bought gears on emergence day i thought it was the greatest game ever. Now after everyone got good at it i get tired of getting owned every game. I mean honestly its pretty sad when youve had a game since launch and play the hell out of it and then end up only being able to come up with like 2-3 kills per match.
Colemenkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Colemenkiller
[QUOTE="Colemenkiller"]

Ket87

But there is no Co-Op on CoD4...and that is why you fail.

What i meant online co-op with my friend online against people not campaign I used wrong word
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ket87
You can't even sign on a guest with CoD4 to play online, either you guys just did split-screen versus each other or I call BS on that one.
GIJoeSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GIJoeSnake
Member since 2005 • 213 Posts
yeah but in holo you have a shield that protects you...kinda and COD4 is military game and i dont like it very much
PacBoy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PacBoy23
Member since 2004 • 9505 Posts
halo 3 takes camping and boosting and glitching
JaviBonilla23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JaviBonilla23
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

Well i see alot of threads about "halo 3 takes no skill cod4 takes no skill blah blah blah. Well please shut your mouth about it, gears take skill so its really fun. The reason why people like halo 3 and cod4 more cuz its easier and people get in it. On the other hand on gears, if you suck, u wont have fun.

well anyways i just want you guys to just shut ur mouth about it and just play, in my opinion, cod4 is alot easier, had to admit it.... but its way more realistic than halo is. in halo you almost waste a whole clip just tryin to kill a guy without meleeing... WOW MEELING thats familiar and another thing i want to talk negative things about halo, well in slayer matches, lets say ur shootin a guy and hes almost dead and out of nowhere some guy pops out of nowhere and steals my kill. it seems a little unfair because i did the most damage to the guy #1 and guy #2 pops out of nowhere and steals my kill! in call of duty 4 everytime u do somethin and kill a guy, u r rewarded. but in halo 3 u have to win a frikkin match!!!! even though u have 30 kills or somethin. gears of war is also not realistic but it does take skill so ill pass that.

im not dissin halo 3, ill admit that cod4 is easier than halo 3.

well anyways theyre all great games.

tomoward41

Ok Gears is great and all, but how a game in wich one shot kills with the shotgun are determined by an X factor or random factor that triggers randomly.

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

Gear of War would be cool and take skill if it wasn't bogged down with so many glitches and possible exploits, imbalances in gameplay (melee'ing), and those people that scream at you for "stealing their cover."Fxdm

LOL :D Only in gears of war willl you hear that :P

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
THANK GOD FOR FANBOYS AND THERE INSIGHTFUL, CONSTRUCTIVE AND INTELLIGENT THREADS!
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Hitchy9

You can't even sign on a guest with CoD4 to play online, either you guys just did split-screen versus each other or I call BS on that one.Ket87

I think he might mean that he was playing against others with his friend on his team.

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
ya ill admit...gears takes skill
kall5ter08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kall5ter08
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
gears of war has a good gameplay but is no match against cod4 AND halo 3
bjswish23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 bjswish23
Member since 2007 • 104 Posts
ok if games like halo and COD4 take no skill then why are there people how get 0-3 kills in a game and another person gets 18-20. Tell how they do that with out skill or is the game just making one guy get less kills and the other more kills?
Colemenkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Colemenkiller

You can't even sign on a guest with CoD4 to play online, either you guys just did split-screen versus each other or I call BS on that one.Ket87
well I dont have live my friend invited me to his house so I dont know how I played against my other friend online I'm assuming they found him on a match by accident, I dont have live so I really dont know about COD4 that much, I dont even have it, and I've only played it once

tomoward41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tomoward41

When i first bought gears on emergence day i thought it was the greatest game ever. Now after everyone got good at it i get tired of getting owned every game. I mean honestly its pretty sad when youve had a game since launch and play the hell out of it and then end up only being able to come up with like 2-3 kills per match.comptonst

Well, ur just bad at the game.

tomoward41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 tomoward41

When i first bought gears on emergence day i thought it was the greatest game ever. Now after everyone got good at it i get tired of getting owned every game. I mean honestly its pretty sad when youve had a game since launch and play the hell out of it and then end up only being able to come up with like 2-3 kills per match.comptonst

forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 forgetwatyahear

[QUOTE="comptonst"]When i first bought gears on emergence day i thought it was the greatest game ever. Now after everyone got good at it i get tired of getting owned every game. I mean honestly its pretty sad when youve had a game since launch and play the hell out of it and then end up only being able to come up with like 2-3 kills per match.tomoward41

That is not a valid reason you think a game isn't good. Just because your not gifted at the game doesn't mean it's bad.
tomoward41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tomoward41

ok if games like halo and COD4 take no skill then why are there people how get 0-3 kills in a game and another person gets 18-20. Tell how they do that with out skill or is the game just making one guy get less kills and the other more kills?bjswish23

sometimes you have a good game sometimes you have a bad game, Hey dude please please just admit that halo 3 does not take any skill!! just admit it. Play gears of war online then play halo 3 online, see which one takes more skill

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HellRazer360
how about this...no video game takes skill...playing football on your high school team takes skill
HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HellRazer360
how about this...no video game takes skill...playing football on your high school team takes skillHellRazer360
in other words...real life takes skill
_RA0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 _RA0_
Member since 2007 • 855 Posts
Gears of War multiplayer is horrible, ie: host advantage, and numerous glitches you may perform.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hitchy9

how about this...no video game takes skill...playing football on your high school team takes skillHellRazer360

Wrong, lol.

tomoward41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tomoward41

Dude I play football on my high school team, im WR and yes your right it does take skill but i dont agree with u on "no video game takes skill" not all the games are easy.

Brmarlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 Brmarlin
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
TF2 > most other online games in the 360. Anyone else agree?