Halo Reach: what do you think

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GAMEWIZ21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GAMEWIZ21
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts

Honestly i think the halo fraanchise is going to go out with a bang and from playing the beta it could be the best first person shooter of 2010 MABYE(black ops,etc.) What do you think of the upcoming halo game

xx360shotsxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 xx360shotsxx
Member since 2010 • 155 Posts

Honestly i think the halo fraanchise is going to go out with a bang and from playing the beta it could be the best first person shooter of 2010 MABYE(black ops,etc.) What do you think of the upcoming halo game

GAMEWIZ21
i agree i also think nothing's gonna top halo this year. I thinks its about time dat halo took back its crown as microsofts best shooter online. everyone out there kno's they were wet just minutes after playing tha beta.
KillErmarinE15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 KillErmarinE15
Member since 2006 • 1057 Posts

It looks really good.

brwilliams11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 brwilliams11
Member since 2010 • 88 Posts
I had so much fun playing the beta. I can't wait for this game. I think this game is going to be some major comp for the new fps. This is a game that I could see myself playing for at least 6 hours at a time and it seeming like 1 hour of time haha.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

it going to be great and it is not going 2 be the best shooter of 2010 because it is going to be the best shooter ever

xx360shotsxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 xx360shotsxx
Member since 2010 • 155 Posts

it going to be great and it is not going 2 be the best shooter of 2010 because it is going to be the best shooter ever

redskins26rocs
couldn't of said it better
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#7 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
I'm actually pretty excited, looks much better than ODST, I was disappointed with that. I'm quite eager to play the "flight sim" portion of it that I saw in Game Informer as well, that'll be a new twist that looks very interesting.
PFC_SWINDELL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PFC_SWINDELL
Member since 2010 • 48 Posts
I agree I didn't like the beta and I hate the abilites in multiplayer. But, I also think that Bungie gives you what pay for (if you like it that is).
sharkbiscuit79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sharkbiscuit79
Member since 2009 • 1142 Posts

Its looking like the Halo I have always wanted I just hope its longer than 6 hours, however with sinlgle player, co-op, multiplayer, firefight and forge its looking like not just a completeHalo game but a complete game full stop.

Oh and any Halo haters reading this thread go away and dont leave negative comments.:D we want it you dont, end of!

GAMEWIZ21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GAMEWIZ21
Member since 2009 • 44 Posts

Its looking like the Halo I have always wanted I just hope its longer than 6 hours, however with sinlgle player, co-op, multiplayer, firefight and forge its looking like not just a completeHalo game but a complete game full stop.

Oh and any Halo haters reading this thread go away and dont leave negative comments.:D we want it you dont, end of!

sharkbiscuit79

I agree completely and i also forgot to mention the new forge looks awesome and on the campaign theres a level where u battle in space can i get a hell yea

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
I love the Halo IP but have not enjoyed its offerings this console generation. Played the Beta and expected so much more, it was kinda boring. IMO Halo hasn't matured as I have in the last ten years and it's core gameplay isn't as fun as it once was. Reach may rekindle that want to play Halo (campaign maybe MP no) but it may not... Games like KZ3 and Dues Ex got more of my attention and seem to be aimed at an older crowd.
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

[QUOTE="sharkbiscuit79"]

GAMEWIZ21

I agree completely and i also forgot to mention the new forge looks awesome and on the campaign theres a level where u battle in space can i get a hell yea

hell yea i wish they had space battles in multiplayer though that would of been awesome
MrMcElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MrMcElliot
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts
I agree Reach is going to be great, But theres already a million of these threads.
gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

I honestly didn't like the beta THAT much, but once I seen footage of forge world I was sold. I'm definitely going to be picking this game up, I think if I try to sit down and play the MP I will like it more than I did in the beta. I think the constant connection issues that the beta suffered from was what made me think it was kind of meh, but that's what betas are for.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
beta wasnt that great, halo 3 mp was a helluva lot better imo, im optimistic about the game, but kind of cautious after halo odst, it disappointed
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#16 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

This is going to top Halo 2, Halo 3 and maybe be on par with the original at this rate, the amount of things added in this game prevents it from being a samey sequel like a lot of sequels.

JS0123456789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JS0123456789
Member since 2007 • 927 Posts

I was sold after seeing the forge.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#18 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Maybe the best? You think Black Ops stands a chance against Reach? Hah! On this site alone, I've seen close to no one excited for Black Ops. Reach can very well be the game of the year. Reach's only real competition is Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2.
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

awesome....i played the beta

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#20 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I love the Halo IP but have not enjoyed its offerings this console generation. Played the Beta and expected so much more, it was kinda boring. IMO Halo hasn't matured as I have in the last ten years and it's core gameplay isn't as fun as it once was. Reach may rekindle that want to play Halo (campaign maybe MP no) but it may not... Games like KZ3 and Dues Ex got more of my attention and seem to be aimed at an older crowd.YoungSinatra25
It's not mature enough for you? So it's not mature because it's sci-fi like? Personally, I can't stand games like Killzone or CoD anymore. I like imaginative games, not games that are like war(AKA the same crap as almost EVERY FPS game nowadays).
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Super-excited. I hope there will be cockpit view in the flying combat.
SilentSoprano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SilentSoprano
Member since 2007 • 4446 Posts

I think (and sincerely hope) that it is going to be one of the best Halo games, and it is going to have so much value it's not even funny. Campaign w/ 4 players. Forge Mode with that huggge map, Firefight with matchmaking, multiplayer with new weapons, modes, armor, etc., I'm assuming theater mode as well. I didn't think it would be possible to surpass the value Halo 3 had.

BeAsT-M0dE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BeAsT-M0dE
Member since 2010 • 53 Posts
It was the best i got the beta 2 days before it came out :P i played all day it was like it was a drug
gc88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 gc88
Member since 2009 • 713 Posts

i think it looks beautiful

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I honestly didn't like the beta THAT much, but once I seen footage of forge world I was sold. I'm definitely going to be picking this game up, I think if I try to sit down and play the MP I will like it more than I did in the beta. I think the constant connection issues that the beta suffered from was what made me think it was kind of meh, but that's what betas are for.

gamerfreak1991

Same beta was decent at best and I found myself not rushing to play it on the final days before it was unavailable. But its going to be forge that will make me get this game, I love seeing all the different things people can do...I mean there are many epic maps on FOUNDERY, which looks like a small worthless map.

Also, I'm not really sold on the abilities just yet, I think it would be better if they were pickups in matchmaking.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

I love the Halo IP but have not enjoyed its offerings this console generation. Played the Beta and expected so much more, it was kinda boring. IMO Halo hasn't matured as I have in the last ten years and it's core gameplay isn't as fun as it once was. Reach may rekindle that want to play Halo (campaign maybe MP no) but it may not... Games like KZ3 and Dues Ex got more of my attention and seem to be aimed at an older crowd.YoungSinatra25

Hate when people say "Haloz Iz FoR Da KIddIEZ". Bet you find COD mature when that game rinks of 8 year olds but whatever makes you feel mature...:roll:

hahnasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#27 hahnasty
Member since 2008 • 176 Posts

I think that the game may be met with some frustration right away for online play, just because it's different than Halo 3. However, once people learn the different ways to play, I think this will be the best Halo of the franchise. The power ups really allow each person and team to play with a unique strategy.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I think it looks great. I didn't play ODST so I am looking for a new Halo game. I'm very interesting in seeing what they've done with Forge and Theatre.
brwilliams11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 brwilliams11
Member since 2010 • 88 Posts
[QUOTE="YoungSinatra25"]I love the Halo IP but have not enjoyed its offerings this console generation. Played the Beta and expected so much more, it was kinda boring. IMO Halo hasn't matured as I have in the last ten years and it's core gameplay isn't as fun as it once was. Reach may rekindle that want to play Halo (campaign maybe MP no) but it may not... Games like KZ3 and Dues Ex got more of my attention and seem to be aimed at an older crowd.orb_03_2006
It's not mature enough for you? So it's not mature because it's sci-fi like? Personally, I can't stand games like Killzone or CoD anymore. I like imaginative games, not games that are like war(AKA the same crap as almost EVERY FPS game nowadays).

I would have to agree with you on the "REAL" stuff. Too many games with war themes. Gets old quick. i want something different haha. Halo Reach is that different.
MentatAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 MentatAssassin
Member since 2005 • 3007 Posts

hell yea i wish they had space battles in multiplayer though that would of been awesomeredskins26rocs

What's to say they wont? Something tells me that this will be one of the many secrets that Bungie will reveal once the games ships. I cant wait for this game I just finished watching the Forge world vidoc and found it unbelievable. I never messed with forge on Halo 3 but I certainly will with Reach.

Eternal-Entity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#31 Eternal-Entity
Member since 2008 • 1371 Posts

I think this will be a game that I will enjoy, a lot, for the 2010 year atleast.

luc11044

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 luc11044
Member since 2004 • 4606 Posts

I'm actually not really enthusiastic about any of the "big" FPS being released this holiday season (Halo Reach, Medal of Honor or COD Black Ops). I guess I'll keep playing BF Bad Company 2 MP, unless I see articles or videos that can convince me otherwise.

I played the Medal of Honor beta and it felt very generic at best...nothing special.

Halo Reach? There's no doubt that the quality will be there but Halo has never really been one of my favorite FPS.