Halo 4 Graphics Engine / Gameplay Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

om3g4_prim3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 om3g4_prim3
Member since 2011 • 110 Posts

good morning gamespot, thought I would open a thread concerning my thoughts on the E3 gameplay trailer.... and is as follows.

Graphics Engine - Whoah, I was blown away. not only does this halo look much more "mature" and less cartoony, it just has that vibe that screams quality in terms of animations, coloring and raw graphical prowess. it just looks stunning, and the new weapon designs are largely welcomed. they have that ancient fore runner feel to them that gives them their own personality. i am wondering if these weapons have secondary firing modes. the game is just eye candy all day.

Gameplay - analyzing the gameplay is nothing but pleasureable at this point. i really do not see any kind of flaws or anything to really complain about. it is totally smooth, I love the return of the BR, the new threat in the universe is supposedly fore runner, which we have not seen yet in the halo universe. enemy designs are smart and the AI is nothing short of impressive and meeting the standards that halo has set since day one. the enemies seemingly require you to use non-traditional tactics to get the most out of your ammunition. I could see this turning into an incredible war zone on 4 player co op (which is something I am dying to play). EDIT: I forgot to mention that i absolutely love how the team has changed the way the assault rifle fires. the sound and feel of the weapon are a welcome addition. the weapon seemingly fires slower, but has more of a punch at short to mid range as well as appearing to be more accurate.

what do you think gamespot?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
ALL i know. they need get bungie music crew back on. I have yet to get that feeling from the sound from the games they made. I feel nothing when i listen to it from their vids.
Nicko2580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Nicko2580
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts

ALL i know. they need get bungie music crew back on. I have yet to get that feeling from the sound from the games they made. I feel nothing when i listen to it from their vids.k2theswiss

Speaking of sound, I really liked the SFX for the Assault Rifle in this game. It sounded much nicer, chunkier and less like the gun was shooting BB's.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

[QUOTE="k2theswiss"]ALL i know. they need get bungie music crew back on. I have yet to get that feeling from the sound from the games they made. I feel nothing when i listen to it from their vids.Nicko2580

Speaking of sound, I really liked the SFX for the Assault Rifle in this game. It sounded much nicer, chunkier and less like the gun was shooting BB's.

yes the AR actually sounded like a gun.
NeoDeaf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 NeoDeaf03
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I'm little bit confused on muiltiplayer modes. War games? What's it's really for? Just to train for Spartan ops or what? I'd like to know more about muiltplayers. If it's similar to Halo Reach, then I'm all for it.