Halo 4 forge mode

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lil_zelda_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 0

#1 lil_zelda_dude
Member since 2006 • 1291 Posts

I've done little looking into Halo 4 though I was a huge fan of the first and second, and the others imo kinda drifted on their predeccesors success. But whats with it? I can't seem to download forge maps as I could in reach of H3, when I'm searching for files No FILES FOUND always comes up. Am I doing it wrong? Or is this feature not available yet? No ones seem to have said anything or had any problems with it so I'm a tad confused.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

It's not working for me, either. I suppose we'll just have to wait for 343i to release an update.

lil_zelda_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lil_zelda_dude
I'm really surprised this isn't even brought up in any reviews or even any discussions at all? wtf??
mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#4 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I personally don't think that forge is good in this one, it seems to be harder than it was in Halo 3, even though they said they was gonna make it easier to use.
quasarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 quasarwolf
Member since 2011 • 242 Posts

I personally love the forge in Halo 4. though i am dissapointed they removed some of the tools and structures that were in Reach. like the ability to slowly move something into place by holding down the left joystick and getting a closer look at the objects you want to line up perfectly. the magnets are an awesome tool. but in some cases you need to move something into perfect position without them on. and why the heck did they remove the closed door? now i have to put a plain wall that looks stupid over a buildings doorway if i want it closed off. and as for your concern, maybe nobody has saved a map to their file share yet. but i cant imagine out of millions of people no one has done that yet.

lil_zelda_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lil_zelda_dude
No one has answered my question, can I download other forge maps?? Or is this a feature to be added later?
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
Yeah, I can't find any forge maps either... even films and images don't appear. I wonder what's up...
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
I personally don't think that forge is good in this one, it seems to be harder than it was in Halo 3, even though they said they was gonna make it easier to use.mrsniper83
I strongly disagree... Halo 4 makes it a lot easier to build things than Halo 3. In Halo 3, everything you build was affected by gravity, and you couldn't make objects pass through each other (unless you did some kind of trick)...So much easier now than it was in Halo 3. Overall, i'm happy that they added the magnet system, duplicate object, and real-time shadows...but i'm disappointed that they didn't add any new shapes/buildings/gadgets etc to the main list. It would have also been nice if they added an option to change the texture or color of each object.
lil_zelda_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lil_zelda_dude
Yeah, I can't find any forge maps either... even films and images don't appear. I wonder what's up...a55a55inx