Halo 4 campaign co op issue.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
When my brother and I tried playing Halo4 online, we couldn't get past the first level due to the strangest issue I've ever come across- a half-second input lag. Movement, firing, grenades, jumping- anything besides looking suffers from this .5-1 second delay, and it's crippling to the experience. Stranger still is that the issue is on one side or the other. At first it was him, so we disconnected and restarted, then it was on me. But each time, the other player was completely unaffected. It's a huge bummer for me because I'm excited for Halo for the first time since Combat Evolved, but I hate to play it alone. Has anyone else had this issue, or (hopefully) have some kind of resolution?(by the way, it isn't an internet lag issue- everything else happens in perfect sync, just that one player has this input lag.)
Avatar image for Cyanide4Suicid3
Cyanide4Suicid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cyanide4Suicid3
Member since 2012 • 733 Posts
I know my friend needed help on the 3rd level (Forerunners I believe), and when we played we would occasionally get input lag but it would clear up after a second or 2. We were playing online though
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 El_Zo1212o
I know my friend needed help on the 3rd level (Forerunners I believe), and when we played we would occasionally get input lag but it would clear up after a second or 2. We were playing online thoughCyanide4Suicid3
We were online, too, but after playing through the prologue level it didn't clear up at all the entire time.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
Maybe its your TV?
balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

[QUOTE="Cyanide4Suicid3"]I know my friend needed help on the 3rd level (Forerunners I believe), and when we played we would occasionally get input lag but it would clear up after a second or 2. We were playing online thoughEl_Zo1212o
We were online, too, but after playing through the prologue level it didn't clear up at all the entire time.

Co-op netcode has always been a bit sh*tty on Halo games, even the Bungie ones, evn though it's perfect in competitive games.

343 released a patch last Monday and are releasing one this Monday too, to the best of my knowledge. Google for the patch notes and see if the list includes ironing out co-op play over Live. I know you aren't the first person I've seen complain about this, so it's likely they're addressing most problems.

boredom_kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 boredom_kills
Member since 2010 • 190 Posts

I've posted about this before - it is a real problem on Halo 4. I played it with three friends in one sitting a couple of days after it launched - the campaign was OK. Spartan Ops, however was totally unplayable. I'm gonna go fid those patch notes now - I really hope they've resolved the problems with it. Such a cool premise, but the implementation of it has been awful so far.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Zo1212o
Maybe its your TV?SoAmazingBaby
Impossible. If you'd read my OP carefully, you would see why- first, looking never suffers from the input lag. Next, we attempted it twice. The first time my brother complained of the lag and I was fine, the second time he was fine and I had the lag .

343 released a patch last Monday and are releasing one this Monday too, to the best of my knowledge. Google for the patch notes and see if the list includes ironing out co-op play over Live. I know you aren't the first person I've seen complain about this, so it's likely they're addressing most problems.

balfe1990
I'll take a look for it. Hopefully the words 'input lag,' 'co op' and 'fixed' all appear right next to one another.