Halo 3 will be on two discs.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for chaos_theory_09
chaos_theory_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 chaos_theory_09
Member since 2005 • 1127 Posts
Miscrosoft revealed the official box art of the game and their is two game discs. Game disc one, and game disc two. I didn't see this one comming. Did you? Maybe one for the campaign, and one for multiplayer? I don't know.
masterconker25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 masterconker25
Member since 2006 • 266 Posts
link?
dawgsfan1447

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 dawgsfan1447
Member since 2004 • 5054 Posts
Maybe you're seeing the special edition which comes with an extras disc?
nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
link?masterconker25
ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 ihateyou_right
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts
yeh I wouldn't have thought it needed two discs because even oblivion didn't and that has to be the biggest game I ever did play.
Fhiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#6 Fhiz
Member since 2004 • 7718 Posts

Maybe you're seeing the special addition which comes with an extras disc?dawgsfan1447

common sense ftw!

it's like looking at the legendary edition and saying "OMG HALO COMES ON 4 DISCS!" 

Avatar image for HolyHandGrenad3
HolyHandGrenad3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HolyHandGrenad3
Member since 2007 • 932 Posts

[QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]Maybe you're seeing the special addition which comes with an extras disc?FlawlessSeasons

common sense ftw!

it's like looking at the legendary edition and saying "OMG HALO COMES ON 4 DISCS!"

Four discs!? OMG if they make me switch discs during a team slayer match I am gonna be so mad.

Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
[QUOTE="FlawlessSeasons"]

[QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]Maybe you're seeing the special addition which comes with an extras disc?HolyHandGrenad3

common sense ftw!

Four discs!? OMG if they make me switch discs during a team slayer match I am gonna be so mad.

dont be retarted, they dont make you switch disks during multiplayer, if they did no one would play, and it would be to complicated because if you did than everyone would have to. It would happen during campaign, not multiplayer.

The_Pro_310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 The_Pro_310
Member since 2006 • 11335 Posts

I was thinking a "making or halo 3" but no.

Avatar image for chaos_theory_09
chaos_theory_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 chaos_theory_09
Member since 2005 • 1127 Posts
Here's a link. http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/06/08/halo-3-finishes-the-fight-on-two-dvds-box-art-blowout/
HolyHandGrenad3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HolyHandGrenad3
[QUOTE="HolyHandGrenad3"][QUOTE="FlawlessSeasons"]

[QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]Maybe you're seeing the special addition which comes with an extras disc?Sully28

common sense ftw!

dont be retarted, they dont make you switch disks during multiplayer, if they did no one would play, and it would be to complicated because if you did than everyone would have to. It would happen during campaign, not multiplayer.

Sarcasm:

1.harsh or bitter derision or irony. 2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark

If you thought I was being serious maybe you are the one being "retarted."

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
Maybe game disc one is the single player and disc two is the multiplayer. That wouldn't be a big deal.
thegreat_one3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thegreat_one3
Member since 2004 • 623 Posts
ya if its multi on one and single on the other its no biggie...just means we get more content
jacksheets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jacksheets
Member since 2005 • 1747 Posts
I'm sure it's an extras disc. I HIGHLY doubt they'd need to make an extra disc just for multiplayer.
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 msjr78
More content and better quality. They can really pack in the graphics.
yankeefan57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yankeefan57
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
who cares... im sorry for the people who are to lazy to switch disks that takes less than a minute
PlayaCDubb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PlayaCDubb
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts
It would be sweet if one disc was strictly multiplayer but I highly doubt that unless thecampaign is just so massive. But still I'm curious to see whats going on.
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts

Yeah it's obvious the game is on two disks cause the bonus features are on a third disk. I couldn't care less if the game is on two disks and I think more and more 360 games will be on multiple disks as we get deeper into this generation. The only people who should care about this are fanboys who can no longer use the argument that DVD is enough for EVERY next gen. game.

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 msjr78
Who cares about multiple disc games anyway. The games will be better for it. Instead of compressing everything down to one disc, the content will be able to breath on multiple discs. The quality of games will be much better. And besides, developers aren't stupid. They wouldn't make you have to change a disc at a critical point in a game. Maybe it will be good for all of us to get up off of our asses and walk to the console to change a disc.
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#21 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts
[QUOTE="Sully28"][QUOTE="HolyHandGrenad3"][QUOTE="FlawlessSeasons"]

[QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]Maybe you're seeing the special addition which comes with an extras disc?HolyHandGrenad3

common sense ftw!

Sarcasm:

1.harsh or bitter derision or irony. 2.a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark

Pleeeeeease for the love of god take out the picture in your sig.

BlacKJaCK2290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 BlacKJaCK2290
Member since 2005 • 1775 Posts
I actually take this as good news so :D
teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Miscrosoft revealed the official box art of the game and their is two game discs. Game disc one, and game disc two. I didn't see this one comming. Did you? Maybe one for the campaign, and one for multiplayer? I don't know.chaos_theory_09
Yeah thats what I assumed itd be. Just makes a mockey of their whole "no dvd is plenty" deal.
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

Update: According to HBO, the second disc is not actually a game disc at all, but rather an "Xbox 360 executable," which will only run on an Xbox 360. What exactly this executable is, we're not sure. Apparently the verbiage on the DVD is preliminary and likely to change. Thanks to Matthew Mac for pointing this out. Bungie.net will have more information in the next weekly update.

Also, how could H3 possibly come on two discs while larger games like Mass Effect fit on one?

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jdt532

[QUOTE="chaos_theory_09"]Miscrosoft revealed the official box art of the game and their is two game discs. Game disc one, and game disc two. I didn't see this one comming. Did you? Maybe one for the campaign, and one for multiplayer? I don't know.teebeenz
Yeah thats what I assumed itd be. Just makes a mockey of their whole "no dvd is plenty" deal.

MS should've never said that, they should've just come out and said eventually 360 games will be on multiple disks. I personally don't care if a 360 game is on 2, 3, or 4 disks if it means better games. The only people who have a problem with this are fanboys who want to slam other systems by saying DVD is enough for all next gen. games....

teebeenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 teebeenz
Member since 2006 • 4362 Posts
Also, how could H3 possibly come on two discs while larger games like Mass Effect fit on one?FearlessSpirit
MS's insistance on BMP and Wav?
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 msjr78
Maybe the 360 executable disc is demos and other extra content. The explanation was that it was like one of those demo discs that comes with a gaming magazine. Only works in the console it's meant for. Remember how the original Halo had the Fusion Frenzy demo and some other game vids? Maybe they'll crank it up and throw a bunch of demos and other crap on that extra disc.
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jdt532

Maybe the 360 executable disc is demos and other extra content. The explanation was that it was like one of those demo discs that comes with a gaming magazine. Only works in the console it's meant for. Remember how the original Halo had the Fusion Frenzy demo and some other game vids? Maybe they'll crank it up and throw a bunch of demos and other crap on that extra disc.msjr78

Why wouldn't that stuff be on the disk that say "bonus features"? So DVDs aren't big enough for bonus features to be on one disk either? No, I think it's just like it says, "game disk one", "game disk two" and "bonus features".

dalriders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dalriders
Member since 2004 • 2062 Posts
Disc 2 is a map editor...!!!!
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts

Update: According to HBO, the second disc is not actually a game disc at all, but rather an "Xbox 360 executable," which will only run on an Xbox 360. What exactly this executable is, we're not sure. Apparently the verbiage on the DVD is preliminary and likely to change. Thanks to Matthew Mac for pointing this out. Bungie.net will have more information in the next weekly update.

Also, how could H3 possibly come on two discs while larger games like Mass Effect fit on one?

FearlessSpirit

Was just about to point out the update.

HolyHandGrenad3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HolyHandGrenad3
[QUOTE="HolyHandGrenad3"][QUOTE="Sully28"][QUOTE="HolyHandGrenad3"][QUOTE="FlawlessSeasons"]

[QUOTE="dawgsfan1447"]Maybe you're seeing the special addition which comes with an extras disc?cheezisgoooood

common sense ftw!

Sarcasm:

Is my sig bad? Because if it is I have no problem changing it. If it grosses someone out I'll change it.

Avatar image for RadioactiveApeX
RadioactiveApeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 RadioactiveApeX
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts
i could see Halo 3 being on 2 discs because i think it has more to do with the quality of cutscenes, graphics, etc. than the actual size of the game--hence the Resident Evil remake for the cube taking up 2 discs while larger games like Metroid & Mario only used one, i think that Blue Dragon game is actually supposed to be on 3 discs also, so maybe a lot more games will start using multiple discs.
Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fireball2500
Member since 2004 • 3421 Posts
[QUOTE="FlawlessSeasons"]

common sense ftw!

The other discs are just a bunch of extras. No multiplayer or singleplayer,unless they put them on indiviual discs.
Fireball2500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fireball2500
Member since 2004 • 3421 Posts
[QUOTE="cheezisgoooood"][QUOTE="HolyHandGrenad3"][QUOTE="Sully28"][QUOTE="HolyHandGrenad3"][QUOTE="FlawlessSeasons"]

common sense ftw!

Sarcasm:

Is my sig bad? Because if it is I have no problem changing it. If it grosses someone out I'll change it.

It slightly did for me.
ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ihateyou_right

Disc 2 is a map editor...!!!!dalriders

We can but dream my friend we can but dream.

ihateyou_right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ihateyou_right

Disc 2 is a map editor...!!!!dalriders

We can but dream my friend we can but dream.

Warrenshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Warrenshadow
Member since 2004 • 70 Posts

Hmmm and I thought Blue Ray was not needed? lol Whats going to happen gears of War 2 or whatever comes out next year? 3 DVD? 4 DVD?

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts
If Halo 3 is on 2 discs just make it good Bungie, The second disc is probally just the extra content. Either way Halo on 1 disc or two discs I'll still get it.
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
Miscrosoft revealed the official box art of the game and their is two game discs. Game disc one, and game disc two. I didn't see this one comming. Did you? Maybe one for the campaign, and one for multiplayer? I don't know.chaos_theory_09
this is a GREAT sign IMO it means the single player and multiplayer will be very beefy. Anyone who thinks this is bad is stupid :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
deactivated-5d3f70a961d94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 deactivated-5d3f70a961d94
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
your seeing double mate
camian69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 camian69
Member since 2006 • 583 Posts

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=12531

although not final......this explains what is going to be in each version of the game.

omg_GoW_pwner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 omg_GoW_pwner
Member since 2007 • 168 Posts

resident evil had 2 discs between one part of the campaign and the other part... and heck that game was awesome ... if halo did that only with one multiplayer and one campaign it might become better than what most think

hezbollahector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hezbollahector
Member since 2006 • 492 Posts
lmao @ changing discs in multiplayer imo the more the better
marcus_chief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 marcus_chief
Member since 2006 • 116 Posts

thats cool

JLei2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JLei2k
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
I wouldn't really mind if it's on 2 discs really. It might be better. A massive campaign along with tons of maps for multiplayer.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
There was a rumor a bit back that it may be a 1080p game, not sure if that has been dubunked or not ( and surley they would be braggin about it if it was true) but if it is true then maybe thats why there would be two discs, but maybe its just a really good long game.
Flamecommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Flamecommando
Member since 2003 • 11634 Posts

I'm getting 3 disks. Legendary. =-)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 deactivated-5cf2c77e6a2c5
Member since 2005 • 2063 Posts

Maybe you're seeing the special edition which comes with an extras disc?dawgsfan1447

ditto

Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts

Wow, go read Bungie.net's newspost. The image with the 'game disc 2' is inaccurate. that image shows the limited edition with the 2 discs it comes with (disc 1 = game, disc 2 = bonus stuff) AND the disc that comes with Legendary (the reasons why it's even there are unclear)

Check it out: